Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fantasy Football 2023

PleaseBlitz

My draft is Monday.  .5PPR league, 12 teams.  I have the second pick and will probably go Dalvin Cook.  Sucks that I don't pick again until 23!  Am I crazy for considering a TE for that pick?  Only if the following three are available though.

1) Kittle

2) Kelce

3) Waller or Thomas (Leaning toward Waller but he does have the ankle issue and there are 3 other WFT fans who will know about Thomas)

After those four, I may be able to get Higbee or Andrews in the third.  Hate the idea of getting a TE so early but TE is such a weak draft position after the top 5.  Irv Smith is out.  Noah Fant is iffy.  What are you guys seeing in your drafts?  Are the top tier TE's going early?

Edited by ThomasRoane

On 8/30/2021 at 5:05 PM, skinfan2k said:

I need some Keeper help for a .5 PPR league. Which one should i keep?

W. Fuller 10th Round

M. Williams 8th Round

A. Brown 8th round

I have kept T. McLaurin (9th), Calvin Ridley (4th), Myles Gaskins (7th), James Robinson (6th) and Zeke (1st)

Is ABrown AJ or Antonio.  If AJ, I’d keep him.

Hi all.  

Good luck to everyone this year in FF.  I'd love some advice from you all.  Our draft is next week and I'm trying to decide on a strategy.  

• I'm in a 10 team 1/2 pt PPR league.  I have the 7th pick. Keeper league.
  • Ekeler was kept by another. I kept Chubb & Gibson so I'm decent on RBs.   If one of top 6 RBs fall to 7 - I figure I take them and complete my good RB haul.  If none of them fall - do I take Adams or Kelce or next best RB w/ 7th pick? 
  • Part of me leans - load up on RBs - but the other part says I have 2 decent RBs already (only sacrificing a 7th and a 10th round - keeper rules) and I should grab the top WR or TE.
  • If I grab another RB at 7 - think I have to go one of the top WR at 14.
  • If I grab Kelce or Adams - think I shoot for Najee Harris at 14 or if not available - grab another top WR and roll w/ my 2 top RBs

image.png.2d7a925bd035e226fafca7323623767c.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy Vet said:

Part of me leans - load up on RBs - but the other part says I have 2 decent RBs already (only sacrificing a 7th and a 10th round - keeper rules) and I should grab the top WR or TE.

In a snake draft I would take Adams for 2 reasons.  (1) This is Aaron Rodgers' "Im pissed off" year and Adams is going to be a huge beneficiary of that and (2) as a draft strategy point, if you have 3 RBs after the first round, or even 2 RB and a TE, you are going to be largely stuck taking the best available WR for most of the rest of the draft, instead of having the flexibility to take values at any position as they show up.  

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In a snake draft I would take Adams for 2 reasons.....

Thanks for taking the time to read and offer advice.  Sounds like very sound advice.  I'll plan on that and hopefully don't get thrown for a loop.  Good luck this season.  Thanks - GV

• Like 1

So my draft with some of the ES crew last night. This is what I ended up with. I was going to draft Kittle but fir some reason I guess my finger hit Pitts. But I'm okay with that. This is point per reception, half point per rush and defense get more points then regular leagues. I feel my QB is top 3, RBs have to be best in league, Wr is my weakest spot but I just need them to be average and I think they will be, tE should be top 5 at worse but has a chance to be top 3, Kickers are kickers And Defenses with 3 top 10 I can play matchups each week and will be above average. I was pretty stoked to get the #1 pick.  I play 4 leagues every year and I can't remember having the 1st pick. Then I'll post my next 2 teams I have plus I draft one tonight.

QB- Lamar Jackson

RB- McCaffery, CEH, Sanders, Fournier

WR- Moore, Theilen, Aiyuk, Golladay, Landry, Samuel's

TE- Pitts

K- Gould, Prater

Def- Den, KC, Chi

TEAM 2

QB- Wilson, Winston

RB- Cook, CEH, Montgomery, Edwards, Moss and Singletary 

WR- Theilen, Julio Jones, Golladay, M. Thomas

TE- Hockenson

K- Succup, Crosby

Def- Buffalo, NE, Seattle 

TEAM 3

QB- Lamar Jackson

RB- Henry, Harris, Robinson, Moss, Singletary 

WR- Julio Jones, Aiyuk, Claypool, M. Thomas, Landry

TE- Kittles

K- Gould

Def- Wash, Pitt

Edited by HoggLife

4 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

@Grumpy VetWhere did you get that sick spreadsheet?

@skinfan2k - I made it myself.  I'm sure there is some site out there that compiles all that information - but I sure couldn't find it.  I just went to a few different sites and compiled the information for the top 150 or so players.  I tried to pick a few different sites to try to get different points of views...hence the average.  I tried something a little new this year with it to select my keepers.   I took the average draft position for all eligible keepers divided by the cost (round) to get a "value" score.  Chubb was #14 avg pick divided by cost to keep of 7th round = 2.0 value.  Gibby cost me a 10th round and his avg position was 19 = so he was 1.9 value.   The lower the value score - theoretically the better choice.  Be interesting to see if it works out or not.  I may regret not keeping Mahomes again.

Cost Value
PLAYER Round  
Josh JacobsRB | LV N/A  

Travis KelceTE | KC N/A  

Keenan AllenWR | LAC N/A  

Adam ThielenWR | MIN 2 26.5

Raheem MostertRB | SF 3 23.3

Patrick MahomesQB | KC (2 yr Keeper) 4 8.9

D'Andre SwiftRB | DET 5 4.9

Julian EdelmanWR | NE N/A  

Nick ChubbRB | CLE (2 yr Keeper) 7 2.0

CeeDee LambWR | DAL 8 4.8

Jerry JeudyWR | DEN N/A  

Antonio GibsonRB | WAS 10 1.9

Chris HerndonTE | NYJ N/A  

Cam NewtonQB | NE N/A  

Football TeamDST | WAS 13  

Matt GayK | LAR N/A  

Tee Higgins - WR Cincy 12 5.2
Ryan Succop - K TB    
Jalen Hurts - QB - Phil 12 8.7
Chase Claypool - WR Pitt 12 4.8

I play 4 leagues every year. This is the 12 man league I'm in. I had the last pick. I picked Gibson over Barkley, Ekeler, Harris CEH and Mixon. 

QB- Dak Prescott (Don't shoot me),Ryan

RB-Gibson, Jacobs, Edwards, Carter, Ingram

WR- DJ Moore, Aiyuk, JuJu, DeVante Smith

TE- Kelce, Everett

K- Crosby

DEF- Rams, KC

I've got my big money auction draft tomorrow. I am going to target McCaffrey and Chubb, which will be expensive not leaving much money left for the rest of my squad, but I am a big believer in going RB/RB with your first two picks. They should both have monster years. With a $200 budget, I am going to set both at around $63, although I am willing to go up to $70 for C Mac.

26 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I've got my big money auction draft tomorrow. I am going to target McCaffrey and Chubb, which will be expensive not leaving much money left for the rest of my squad, but I am a big believer in going RB/RB with your first two picks. They should both have monster years. With a $200 budget, I am going to set both at around $63, although I am willing to go up to $70 for C Mac.

How many teams?  There are so many WRs that produce, you can get good value without spending much.  I have mine tonight.  Going to go all in on McCaffrey.

6 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

How many teams?  There are so many WRs that produce, you can get good value without spending much.  I have mine tonight.  Going to go all in on McCaffrey.

12 teams. Yeah, I'm hoping to scoop Metcalf, Jefferson, or maybe Allen Robinson with my third bid. I always like to draft a QB with running ability as well like Jackson or Murray. Those rushing yards and TDs are huge coming from a QB position. 

Might want to scoop up Tony Jones Jr. lads. Latavius Murray and Devonta Freeman have been released according to Rotoworld or whatever they're called now. I hated, hated, hated dropping Jerry Jeudy to do so but it's easier to find WR's than RB's on the wire. 

My new FP/PPR 12 Super-Flex team auction draft:

Matt Stafford & Justin Fields

Keenan Allen, Diontae Johnson, Robert Woods

Najee Harris, Gus Edwards, D'Andre Swift, David Montgomery, Sony Michel, Javonte Williams, Tony Jones Jr.

Tyler Higbee

Patriot's Defense

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 1

Feel like I did solid in my league draft tonight.

Had the 1st pick (McCaffrey) and added Waller, Mahomes, DJ Moore, Aiyuk, Kareem Hunt, Ja'Marr Chase, AJ Dillon, Niners D, Marvin Jones Jr, Crowder, Prater, Lance and Lawrence (it's a keeper league so thinking one of the late round rookie QBs might be the way to go next year). Can't keep the 1st round pick this year and the player chosen to keep means you sacrifice a pick in a round earlier next year (so a 2nd would cost a 1st).

Edited by The Evil Genius

10 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I understand wanting cmc but thats way too much for him. 50 should be absolute most. 

5 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Feel like I did solid in my league draft tonight.

Had the 1st pick (McCaffrey) and added Waller, Mahomes, DJ Moore, Aiyuk, Kareem Hunt, Ja'Marr Chase, AJ Dillon, Niners D, Marvin Jones Jr, Crowder, Prater, Lance and Lawrence (it's a keeper league so thinking one of the late round rookie QBs might be the way to go next year). Can't keep the 1st round pick this year and the player chosen to keep means you sacrifice a pick in a round earlier next year (so a 2nd would cost a 1st).

Don’t love your RB. Did you go Mahomes with the last pick in the third and then Moore with pick 1 of the fourth? Curious to know what RB were available . 

20 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Yeah my strategy in auction is to typically go all in on RBs and go cheap at QB and WR, usually looking for up and comers/sleepers at QB(last year I hit big on Josh Allen, this year I'm looking at Kyler Murray and maybe Ryan Tannehill). TE if I can get Kelce or Kittle great if not I go cheap there too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah my strategy in auction is to typically go all in on RBs and go cheap at QB and WR, usually looking for up and comers/sleepers at QB(last year I hit big on Josh Allen, this year I'm looking at Kyler Murray and maybe Ryan Tannehill). TE if I can get Kelce or Kittle great if not I go cheap there too.

I wouldn't touch Kittle with a ten foot pole. He's injury prone and once Trey takes over it's going to be a run-heavy, dump off passing offense. Too many other good mid-round TE i'd target like Geseiki and Goedert. Than go too high on those two. Rarely do teams carry more than 2 TE in FF so you're more than likely at least getting a top 12-15 TE and a starting back-up if you even go that route.