Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is another reason I think we're unlikely to land a guy like Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson. Seems like we're not exactly a hot destination. There were leaks during the Watson and Wilson fiascos about the short list of teams they would approve a trade to (since they both have no-trade clauses in their contracts) and neither one had WFT.

I don't think Rodgers has a no-trade clause, but I'm guessing they would do what they could to get him somewhere he'd want to go. Plus, he's the kind of guy who'd be loud and vocal about not wanting to play for certain teams; I could absolutely see him coming out and saying something like "If I get traded to <x team> I won't play". Add in to that that the Packers would probably prefer to trade him outside of the NFC.

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

This is another reason I think we're unlikely to land a guy like Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson. Seems like we're not exactly a hot destination. There were leaks during the Watson and Wilson fiascos about the short list of teams they would approve a trade to (since they both have no-trade clauses in their contracts) and neither one had WFT.

I don't think Rodgers has a no-trade clause, but I'm guessing they would do what they could to get him somewhere he'd want to go. Plus, he's the kind of guy who'd be loud and vocal about not wanting to play for certain teams; I could absolutely see him coming out and saying something like "If I get traded to <x team> I won't play". Add in to that that the Packers would probably prefer to trade him outside of the NFC.

I hear what your saying and agree on last year, however I think that next year, especially if this team really shows something this year that will certainly change. Also take into consideration changes in the front office, a rebranding and possibly having the money to spend.

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Judging by Keim's latesrt podcast, Bradley-King has a shot to make the roster -- Toney probably goes to the practice squad.

I think Bradley-King is a borderline lock to make the roster given how he has performed in training camp and played in the preseason.  After Sweat and Young our next two edge rushers on the depth chart are James Smith-Williams and Casey Toohill.  We may only keep four but short of injury or a really poor performance on Saturday, I think Bradley-King will be one of the four.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hemingway was a bit of an obscure/dark horse type player, it was a bit of a surprise that he was mentioned weeks back as potentially TE #2 from reporters but in their defense he was getting reps with the 2nd team and had some good practices, then. 

Also, in their defense, was he was competing against 2 guys, neither of which had ever played a down in the NFL. So I can see how he could be penciled in as #2 by default.

At that time, there was still uncertainties about Bates and Reyes. Of course, since that time, their stock has risen, while Hemi's has fallen.

50 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not a huge fan of Bellichek but I will say New England does a good job of adds and trades before camp ends. If this trade happens then thats two already with the trade of Sony. These type of moves really helps fine tune the beginning roster and adds to draft picks for next year. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The hope would be we could start to change that perception by having another competitive season. But yeah, we certainly can’t afford to count on a trade like that materializing. 

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

I hear what your saying and agree on last year, however I think that next year, especially if this team really shows something this year that will certainly change. Also take into consideration changes in the front office, a rebranding and possibly having the money to spend.

46 minutes ago, terpfan said:

The hope would be we could start to change that perception by having another competitive season. But yeah, we certainly can’t afford to count on a trade like that materializing. 

I think we can definitely change that perception, and Rivera coming here along with a new FO is very important, but the problem is that this team has been such a dumpster fire for such a long time that it may take some time for the culture change to truly sink in as a permanent thing. I think a couple years plus a winning season and a good roster will go a long way. But I'd be very surprised if guys like Wilson or Watson change their tune any time in the near future. Besides, I don't think Rivera would go for Watson anyway with all of the sexual assault allegations, etc.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I think we can definitely change that perception, and Rivera coming here along with a new FO is very important, but the problem is that this team has been such a dumpster fire for such a long time that it may take some time for the culture change to truly sink in as a permanent thing. <SNIP>

I think this is important to remember.  We have a LOT of debt in terms of credibility.  A LOT.  It doesn't mean that what we're doing is wrong, we just haven't gotten into the black.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, terpfan said:

When’s the last team that went through a season with zero turnovers? Wilson is making a good point, it’s all about balancing risk with reward. 

Whos talking about a season?  I’m thinking about a game here or there.  I’m not all excited about what this kid says he doesn’t play for us.

Edited by Vanguard

1 hour ago, terpfan said:

If we have a good enough season to change the perception and perk up interest from Rodgers, etc., it might just be that we realize we are fine with the QBs we have now.

• Like 1

Caught up with a couple of Keim podcasts

A.  Said toughest call for them is CBs and WRs, still deciding

B.  They've taken calls on potential trades, but doesn't know about what player(s)

C.  Thinks Reyes makes it, McTyre, Apke.  In other podcasts said Patterson

D.  Could be just three TEs but I might be mixing his with another podcast on that

E.  He thinks Reyes makes it.  They already consider him their best blocking TE

F. They think AGG had one bad game, one good one, a good game on Saturday might cement his spot but its not cemented yet

G. D. Carter has a shot to make it.  He didn't mention Milne one way or another but I might have missed it

H.  Doesn't think Toney makes the roster

I mentioned this a few days back Milne is fun to watch as a blocker, he always seem to lock onto his man

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

9 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

If we have a good enough season to change the perception and perk up interest from Rodgers, etc., it might just be that we realize we are fine with the QBs we have now.

The issue with the Rodgers situation is that he doesn't have a no-trade clause. So in theory he gets no say in where he goes. In practice, however, he's the kind of dude who would make a bunch of noise publicly about not wanting to go to certain teams so they'd probably try to accommodate him if possible. That being said, I'd be surprised if they agreed to trade him within the division. They may draw the line there.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vanguard said:

Whos talking about a season?  I’m thinking about a game here or there.  I’m not all excited about what this kid says he doesn’t play for us.

Point is, turnovers happen. If you avoid every situation where you might turn the ball over, you won’t have a lot of explosive plays and you won’t have a very good offense. What you have to do is avoid taking unnecessary risks and know when to take calculated risks. I don’t care one way or another about Zach Wilson, but it’s a perfectly reasonable point, and I think it’s fair to say Fitzpatrick has a similar mantra… for him it will always be about limiting the “bad” risks. 

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

We've improved on that front.  Rivera is likely our best asset.  But we still got arguably the worst owner in the NFL, the worst stadium and probably worst facilities.   To someone like Rodgers 11-5 is an average season.  11-5 has not happened here in 30 years.  

I think the only way Rodgers might want to come here is for the team to break the typical mold of what's happened here in the last 20 plus years, and actually for the first time under Dan make the playoffs back to back seasons and actually win a playoff game.  Something that would look different for this team.  I think its tough to sell this team to him purely on mere potential.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Reyes is a very smart dude. We were all sitting here contemplating on how he's going to do with catching the ball and route concepts and all he did was hone in on his ability to be the best possible blocker he could be to buy himself more time. Smart. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

he needs a full year of NFL conditioning to really help him eek out every ounce of athleticism he has, but I agree he's functional out of the box 

Yeah, I'd give a couple years to replace Thomas he should be really good. Right now it's a great 1 2 punch at TE.

Hope the calls are for Scherff. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not sure who is overreacting.  Definitely not me.  I was in the cut Steve Sims camp.   the point is if Sims is snapped up, decent chance so will Milne if we tried to sneak him on to the practice squad. 

Was aimed more at the masses but a lot of folks on here always overvalue our guys and think we can’t get away with them on the ps yet every year there’s a couple of guys that we do that are preseason darlings. 

I do agree this year is different and that specifically the jets concern me with Milne. But in regards to sims I think the two are mutually exclusive. I get that everyone things well if sims is cut and picked up that means all our other receivers are better so they’ll get picked up too. That’s just not how things work. 

In my perfect world we keep 7 receivers (AGG and Milne) and Patterson and say goodbye to Barber and place Barber on the PS. Of all of them I think he’s the least likely to get snatched up and I think the new rules for vets on PS would allow it. 

It also provides insurance against Samuel not seeing as many snaps early in the season and once/if he’s all the way back then maybe you start to move pieces around. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1