Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

35 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

I dont know who needs to hear this but HES NOT EVEN A GOOD SHORT YARDAGE RUNNER.

Sigh.  Felt good lol.

On paper he's actually a good short yardage runner:

Last season he was 12-17 on 3rd downs and 4-4 on 4th down. (70% and 100% conversion rates)

The coaches like him mainly because he doesn't fumble and he plays special teams. (0 fumbles last year, 130 ST snaps) So another RB is going to have to take those ST snaps if we cut Barber. 

I predict we keep Barber and release Patterson. I also predict Patterson will clear waivers and we will see him again sometime in the future. 17 games is a long season. (just a prediction, no one wants to watch Peyton Barber and his 2.7 YPC) 

3 minutes ago, Mooka said:

On paper he's actually a good short yardage runner:

Last season he was 12-17 on 3rd downs and 4-4 on 4th down. (70% and 100% conversion rates)

The coaches like him mainly because he doesn't fumble and he plays special teams. (0 fumbles last year, 130 ST snaps) So another RB is going to have to take those ST snaps if we cut Barber. 

I predict we keep Barber and release Patterson. I also predict Patterson will clear waivers and we will see him again sometime in the future. 17 games is a long season. (just a prediction, no one wants to watch Peyton Barber and his 2.7 YPC) 

Source?

• Thumb down 2

23 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Interesting aside my man, Warren Sharp changed my opinion about this.  The Ravens most optimal offensive formation in 2019 was the 3 TE set with 1 RB and 1 WR and their offense, specifically Jackson, lit it up.

They never really replaced Hurst last year and ran very little 3 TE as a result.  It impacted a lot of what they do and contributed to their offensive decline.

I've come around to the idea that if you have the right 3 guys, like 2 above average receivers and another you have to take seriously, you can pose some real headaches for the defense.  You can run a ton of action and create some mismatches.

*Especially* if you have a mobile quarterback that can boot or scramble out of the look.  Or go Pistol and then you've got RPO on the table too.

This makes sense given the embarrassment of riches they had at TE at that time, when Andrews and Hurst were both healthy. Darren Waller was on their practice squad as an undiscovered gem basically two summers ago! That, plus the historically mobile QB they’ve got, was a winning combination. 

23 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

But yeah if were are running 3 TE jumbo and smashing Ladell Betts into the goalline three times against the Giants, then **** that noise lol.

This is more the old school dinosaur **** I was speaking against lol, you get it 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Patterson is supposed to get some KR chances in the next preseason game?  Maybe him?

Yes if in that scenario Sims and Carter are gone, then we definitely need to make sure we give the other options at returning more touches.

2 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

If you want to challenge someone, go look it up yourself.  

LOL.  This is whats wrong with the world right now.  This idea right here.  Way to go dude!  Thank you for making it so obvious.

I actually believe him and thats fine, but its pretty standard practice to ask someone where they got their information.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Y’all know 3 years ago we would have been looking for Patterson to be the savior of the season? How far have we come. 

So, Patterson was not only our leading rusher. But he was also our leading receiver in that game ; so hee can catch the ball too.

Perhaps that bodes well, for his potential as a Returner.

Another surprise ; Can anyone guess who our leading tackler was on defense, without scrolling down ?

Justin Phillips

With LB being our weakest position, maybe he has a chance. But I wish we brought back Nate Orchard ; a favorite of mine, when it comes to underdogs

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

LOL.  This is whats wrong with the world right now.  This idea right here. 

I hear ya brother.

I got to the point where I don't ask humans questions anymore.

Whenever I feel lost and confused, and say to someone, "Does anyone know the meaning of life ?" , the response is always a snarky "Well why don't you G00GLE it ?!?!"

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I hear ya brother.

I got to the point where I don't ask humans questions anymore.

Whenever I feel lost and confused, and say to someone, "Does anyone know the meaning of life ?" , the response is always a snarky "Well why don't you G00GLE it ?!?!"

I know right??  Anyone can make any ridiculous claim and everyone ELSE is supposed to figure out where it came from and whether its true?  Or just accept it as fact and go about their day?  This is exactly why we are in the predicament of a never ending pandemic when a cure is sitting on the shelf for free, but I digress.

Anyway, would still love to know the source (a,d not even calling this particular claim ridiculous...I assume its true)

I'll be bummed if Milne doesn't make it.  If it's true his intangibles are thru the roof, he seems like a great bet to succeed in the wr4 or wr5 role, and with his cost over the next 4 years, I think he is the way to go.  The knock on dax seems to be his quickness / separation, but hopefully the speed / flexibility / spread of the rest of our offense opens things up a bit for him to get open.  Have AGG/cam sims battle it out for wr6 (I'd give the nod to c sims).

Terry

Samuel

Humphries

Brown

Milne

cam sims / AGG

2 hours ago, TheShredder said:

If you want to challenge someone, go look it up yourself.  

A lot of people take things too literal. I always take things as an opinion instead of fact on sites like these by other users, asking people to source things is a waste of time because most of the time people are giving their opinions that just come across as a fact. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If Reyes makes it, that would make 2 of our TE's who are newly converted to Tight End, either from other positions, or from another sport.

Thomas made the QB to TE switch, a whole lot easier than Tebow was able to do.

Should be interesting to see if, and how, Reyes' basketball skills can translate, to a different sport, AND different position, AND a different skill level of playing professional ball.

That's 3 major adjustments. Won't be easy. And will take time.

To be fair, Thomas has been playing tight end since 2016. He’s not that new to it. 

• Like 2

My guess. AGG, Ishmel,Montez, Toney at least to the PS

Special Teams (3)

1). Way

2). Hopkins

3). Cheesman

Offense (25)

QBs (3)

4). Fitz

5). Heineke

6). Allen

RBs (4)

7). Gibson

8.  JD

9). Barber

10). Patterson

TEs (3)

11). Thomas

12). Bates

13). Reyes

WRs (6)

14). Terry

15). Samuel

16). Brown

17). Humphries

18). Cam Sims

19). Milne

O-line (9)

20). Leno

21). Schweitzer

22). Rouiller

23). Scherff

24). Cosmi

25). Lucas

26). Flowers

27). Larson

28). Charles

Defense (25)

D-line (8)

29). Chase

30). Allen

31). Payne

32). Sweat

33). Ion

34). Settle

35). Smith-Williams

36). WBK

LB(s) (6)

37). Bostic

38). Davis

39). Holcombe

40). Hudson

41). Mayo (teams)

42). Norris

CB(s) (6)

43). Fuller

44). Jackson

45). St Juste

46). Mooreland

47). McTyrn

53). Apke 

S (5😞

48). Collins

49). Kurl

50). McCain

51). Everrett

52). Forrest

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

That is close to where I am.

I'd just drop Patterson and pick either up Sims Jr/Carter, whichever looks better moving forward, or if Dax continues to look like he can handle return duties AGG.

Add RB Williams to the PS too. We will need several on tap

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

Jeremy Reaves got one of the few kick blocks on special teams and is one of the better safeties on our roster. He'd be making it as a special teams player or a reserve over a few of those guys in my opinion. 

Edited by IrepDC
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Jeremy Reaves got one of the few kick blocks on special teams and is one of the better safeties on our roster. He'd be making it as a special teams player or a reserve over a few of those guys in my opinion. 

I doubt it. He's slow, been on the team for 3 years and only started after a bunch of other guys failed or were hurt. At FS he'd have to beat out McCain, Curl, Everett (who's the ST captain and a better FS) and the rookie Forrest. 

• Like 1

Long way to go still, but I'm not sure Cam Sims makes the roster.

Right now I'd say Milne is almost a lock to make it IF he continues his current trajectory...

Receivers:

McLaurin

Samuel

Brown

Humphries

Milne (also return candidate)

Last spot, assuming we keep 6 (we will), is down to utility/potential. So Carter, Steven Sims, Cam Sims, Wright.

Wright isn't explosive enough and doesn't have a high ceiling.

Steven Sims has to demonstrate better hands. If he's doing it in practice he may be a sleeper to make the roster.

Carter looks the best as a return man of the group thus far.

Cam Sims is the trickiest one. 

If I were a betting man... right now... In this instance? I think Steven Sims is the 6th receiver.

• Sad 1