Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

1 minute ago, Borgold said:

Seriously, everyone knows that Cosmi is secretly our fourth TE. So, we probably don't need a TE3. We just need to be bad at math.

So...wouldn't that make him the secret 3rd TE?🤔

Edited by Xameil
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

Yeah Charles getting cut would be a huge surprise to me as well. 

I’m assuming it was a mistake.  He played well last week, lot of positive plays and (interestingly to me) the only glaring negative was when Charles got beat and Martin channeled his inner Flowers - peeling off the line to deck Charles’ man before he reached the qb.

Mayo vs Norris vs Toney vs Bradley-King vs Everett vs Forrest vs Apke vs McTyver… all battling a guy at their position as well as all the others for those ST spots.  Gonna be interesting to see the cuts.  I’m pulling for the young guys for contract/upside reasons, but ST play will be king (usually giving an edge to the vets).

4 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I’m assuming it was a mistake.  He played well last week, lot of positive plays and (interestingly to me) the only glaring negative was when Charles got beat and Martin channeled his inner Flowers - peeling off the line to deck Charles’ man before he reached the qb.

Mayo vs Norris vs Toney vs Bradley-King vs Everett vs Forrest vs Apke vs McTyver… all battling a guy at their position as well as all the others for those ST spots.  Gonna be interesting to see the cuts.  I’m pulling for the young guys for contract/upside reasons, but ST play will be king (usually giving an edge to the vets).

Oops, forgot about Charles.  Yeah, that's a mistake.  I'd say that means Ismael gets cut then (Larson played ahead of him).  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Oops, forgot about Charles.  Yeah, that's a mistake.  I'd say that means Ismael gets cut then (Larson played ahead of him).  

Ismael will be cut & will be added to the PS. Larson ex-CAR & is 30YO. Vet backup & let the 2nd year guy to the PS. 

Edited by EmirOfShmo

18 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Yeah I think Ismael and Martin are both goners at OL. Martin has had his share of snaps over 2 seasons, and they've mostly been pretty dreadful. Ismael has only taken 4 snaps so it's hard to know for sure, but I'd think we would have heard something he was impressing the coaches. And as you noted, he's behind Larson at this point.

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Listen, I never want to see another 3-TE Jumbo formation again in my entire life, so I get it. But when you’re talking about your 3rd TE being a developmental guy who’s never played football before, it is important lol. One injury and he sees the field every week. Two injuries and you’ve got your fingers crossed that he becomes the coolest success story ever, or else. 

I hear this.

When our backs are against the wall and we need an absolute solid number three TE that can make something happen Marcus Baugh is a more athletic physical specimen than Sammis Reyes!

#mytongueisinmycheek

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I hear this.

When our backs are against the wall and we need an absolute solid number three TE that can make something happen Marcus Baugh is a more athletic physical specimen than Sammis Reyes!

#mytongueisinmycheek

I wish a solid vet like Darren Fells was still sitting out there for just such an eventuality, but we’ll see what FA looks like after cuts. Hopefully it’s not something we’ll have to worry about, I’d hate for Baugh to have to embarrass everyone on the roster with his mad skills this year

When I first saw the name Marcus Baugh brought up, literally the first thing that popped into my mind was, "I bet he's with the Steelers now, following his buddy Haskins there all the way from OSU".

But part of me had a hard time believing that someone like Haskins would already have that much "pull" in an organization like the Steelers, to sign a journeyman TE who's done nothing in about 4 years as a pro, just because Haskins wanted him.

But nevertheless, I was still curious what happened to him. And something told me he probably ended up a Steeler.

So I looked him up. And sure enough, Marcus Baugh is tryin to catch balls from Haskins again, up in Pittsburgh, for real, confirmed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I wish a solid vet like Darren Fells was still sitting out there for just such an eventuality, but we’ll see what FA looks like after cuts. Hopefully it’s not something we’ll have to worry about, I’d hate for Baugh to have to embarrass everyone on the roster with his mad skills this year

It’s going to be Reyes. As it should be.

I mostly like what you did with your final 53.  I am starting to think we may only keep 2 QBs on the roster and place Allen on the PS.  I doubt he would be poached, since he is coming off an injury and isn't someone with great potential, if he doesn't already know your system.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dyst said:

@mhd24 You have Sims and Carter off the team? Who is returning kicks for us?

Its tough, but a 4th RB probably results in us losing a returner.  We could always cut Apke from my list and use Carter instead.  Danny Johnson can return kickoffs.  

23 hours ago, mhd24 said:

Danny Johnson can return kickoffs.  

I'm seriously doubting he makes the roster.

Although the release of Stroman could indicate otherwise

But CB is still a solid position group. Not sure if DJ will fit in there

Fuller - Jackson - Moreland - St Juste - McTyer - Roberts, and others. That's just the Top 6

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

It’s going to be Reyes. As it should be.

Oh Reyes should absolutely make this roster as the TE3. I meant if the worst happens and Thomas or Bates goes on IR mid season, for instance. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

4 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Listen, I never want to see another 3-TE Jumbo formation again in my entire life, so I get it. But when you’re talking about your 3rd TE being a developmental guy who’s never played football before, it is important lol. One injury and he sees the field every week. Two injuries and you’ve got your fingers crossed that he becomes the coolest success story ever, or else. 

Interesting aside my man, Warren Sharp changed my opinion about this.  The Ravens most optimal offensive formation in 2019 was the 3 TE set with 1 RB and 1 WR and their offense, specifically Jackson, lit it up.

They never really replaced Hurst last year and ran very little 3 TE as a result.  It impacted a lot of what they do and contributed to their offensive decline.

I've come around to the idea that if you have the right 3 guys, like 2 above average receivers and another you have to take seriously, you can pose some real headaches for the defense.  You can run a ton of action and create some mismatches.

*Especially* if you have a mobile quarterback that can boot or scramble out of the look.  Or go Pistol and then you've got RPO on the table too.

But yeah if were are running 3 TE jumbo and smashing Ladell Betts into the goalline three times against the Giants, then **** that noise lol.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1