Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

9 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

At least they’re getting the inevitable out of the way now. Super Bowl Champs are

close to 100% vaccinated. Smart of them.

That’s only if they are actually sick with COVID. I believe you also go on the list with an exposure. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

That’s only if they are actually sick with COVID. I believe you also go on the list with an exposure. 

According to Thursday's memo, vaccinated players or staff who test positive and are asymptomatic can return to duty after two negative tests 24 hours apart. For non-vaccinated persons who test positive, the 2020 protocols remain in place, requiring a 10-day isolation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

DaRon and Ion also on the COVID list.

It keeps getting better and better.

There is no guarantee the larger guys going to be unaffected. Ioniaddis should be fine since he had the previous positive last year, but our luck is going to run out at some point. My nightmare scenario is we lose Chase Young to it for a extended period and he’s never the same. 

• Like 2

I didn’t want to start a thread for this. Is the NFL doing the Year in Review videos anymore? I figured last year because of everything. But I haven’t seen anything on a 2020 video. I loved watching those to get me ready for the season.

1 hour ago, just654 said:

I didn’t want to start a thread for this. Is the NFL doing the Year in Review videos anymore? I figured last year because of everything. But I haven’t seen anything on a 2020 video. I loved watching those to get me ready for the season.

My DVR keyword for Redskins stopped working. Both ESPN and NFL network air them in July and August. But I found it on YouTube:

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vanguard said:

Someone on NFL network in a segment with D. Hall that was backing the Giants said, that playing against us was like having a scrimmage.  Are Giants fans really talking TRASH?!!!!

I can’t wait to clap them this year.

one of the Giants reporters did his season predictions and predicted they’d sweep the WFT because they have their number. 

I hate that team. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

one of the Giants reporters did his season predictions and predicted they’d sweep the WFT because they have their number. 

I hate that team. 

I have always hated them as much as the Cowboys. Worst ever was 1986 season. We lost to them 3 times including the NFC championship game. I’m still pissed about that frequently. 

• Like 8

I don’t know if I agree with Finlay about Heinicke struggling in camp. But per what I’ve mentioned I saw some flaws - stares at receivers so CBs can jump on some of his throws and he doesn’t put a lot of zip on his throws.  Also his accuracy IMO looked good but not great.

I think his main skill is making plays when things break down.

Fitz wasn’t flawless either. But I think his arm strength is better and he doesn’t stare down receivers the way Heinicke did in practice.

I would be surprised if Heinicke unseated Fitz. But overall Heinicke didn’t look bad to me.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Vanguard said:

They have punked us way to many times for what seems like years. Even when we've been decen they rock us. 

We need to sweep them, and crush them. See them driven before us on the field and hear the lamentations of their fans. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

41 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If I recall Rivera said in an interview he’d play his starters heavily in game 3. Don’t recall what he said about game 2

I think most coaches will use the second game as the dress rehearsal and not even use the starters in the last game despite there being a few extra days now between the last preseason and kickoff. Basically use the same formula as before but pretend preseason week 1 is in the books. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hate that team. 

I loath them immensely.  I really dislike them more than the Cowboys at this juncture.  They are so ****y in regards to us. We need to put a serious beat down on their ass in short order.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Someone on NFL network in a segment with D. Hall that was backing the Giants said, that playing against us was like having a scrimmage.  Are Giants fans really talking TRASH?!!!!

I mean......he’s not wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️ our team has usually been trash against the giants, and in general.....you want him to lie? 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean......he’s not wrong 🤷🏻‍♂️ our team has usually been trash against the giants, and in general.....you want him to lie? 😂😂😂

At first I was angry at you for taking me out of my pre-season hope filled immersion.  And then I remembered I drink :).

• Haha 7

8 hours ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

I loath them immensely.  I really dislike them more than the Cowboys at this juncture.  They are so ****y in regards to us. We need to put a serious beat down on their ass in short order.  

If we can stay healthy by the time we play them, I think we will.  Having basically all of our division games in the fourth quarter of the season is so wild.

9 hours ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

They have punked us way to many times for what seems like years. Even when we've been decen they rock us. 

We need to sweep them, and crush them. See them driven before us on the field and hear the lamentations of their fans. 

Our QB play against them in that time span has definitely been sub par, and yes, I am counting the Cousins Era.  With Fitz and/or Heinicke and our upgrades at WR, I'm feeling pretty good about our chances against them this year. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Catching up with Keim’s latest podcast. I do agree with his point that Heinicke had to outplay Fitz in camp to have a shot at the starting job and in Richmond that didn’t happen.  So it might be up to the preseason for him.

Training camp isn’t over yet though, only the Richmond portion is. I think this week and next week are still training camp, just closer to the public (except for Friday night at the stadium)

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

If we can stay healthy by the time we play them, I think we will.  Having basically all of our division games in the fourth quarter of the season is so wild.

Seeing as how we play the giants week 2, I’d like to think the team won’t be injured by then. And then hopefully Week 18 we have the division locked up and can rest our starters, so that if they do end up beating us, i won’t be too mad 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Training camp isn’t over yet though, only the Richmond portion is. I think this week and next week are still training camp, just closer to the public (except for Friday night at the stadium)

Yeah I know. But for me what I saw made me pause some about Heinicke. His accuracy was decent but far from killer, he had his share of errant throws. His accuracy wasn’t wild like what I saw from Haskins in camp years ago but it also was far from pinpoint great.

He stares at receivers which is something I never noticed before. And when you combine that with below average velocity I can see why he might have his share of picks.

The thing with him is his niche IMO is making plays when things break down so likely that’s more on display in the preseason games.

Fitzpatrick didn’t have pinpoint accuracy either. But I’d say it was slightly better than Heinicke. He has more velocity on his throws and he from what I can see doesn’t stare down receivers as much.

Id give Fitz a slight nod.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3