Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

I’m super excited. Towards the end of [last] year I feel like when I started to get a hold of things, that’s when the injury came along and slowed me down a little bit. This year we picked up a lot of new guys and they can play, they're showing that out on the field the past few weeks on the offensive side and defensive side."

After an offseason in which Washington signed veteran quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and wide receiver Curtis Samuel, as well as added speedy receiver Dyami Brown in the NFL Draft, Gibson is excited about the offense's potential.

“We got a lot of weapons, I feel like we got a lot of deep threats and that’s going to do nothing but open it up for me and for the offense. I feel like we’re going to be something to deal with.”

Gibson will look to build on a breakout rookie season that saw him rush for 795 yards and 11 touchdowns despite missing two games in December due to turf toe, an injury he says he’s recovered from.

"It’s fine, when I’m out there I’m running, I’m making my cuts, jumping whatever I need to do. Of course, it still gets sore but every day I’m still out there running, so it’s not a problem on the field. It’s just something I’m going to have to take care of. Other than that I’m completely fine.” 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Who gives a ****?! Tell me more about Heinecke!!! Let’s re-live every ****ing throw from those two quarters he played  before he had to leave to get his shoulder fused back together!!! 😂

Thank you!  But let’s not limit it to just his amazing throws.  His runs are like a young Barry Sanders as well.  Each of which I will break down later in the thread.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Could he.come out of retirement to play?..

He could, but isn't going to. He wants to coach.

He's super cerebral. I can definitely see him being the next great DC/HC way down the line and I'd love to see him get his start under Ron and Jack.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He could, but isn't going to. He wants to coach.

He's super cerebral. I can definitely see him being the next great DC/HC way down the line and I'd love to see him get his start under Ron and Jack.

I think once he takes some time off this year, he'll come back with our organization and be a coach. He's already building a connection with our linebackers. 

• Like 2

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

I think once he takes some time off this year, he'll come back with our organization and be a coach. He's already building a connection with our linebackers. 

I definitely see this happening. Wouldn't surprise me to see him around the building more and more as the season goes on. Be great to get him in the pipeline. We have a pretty amazing coaching staff right now.

6 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I definitely see this happening. Wouldn't surprise me to see him around the building more and more as the season goes on. Be great to get him in the pipeline. We have a pretty amazing coaching staff right now.

He has a brilliant defensive mind. If we brought him on board we'd have a couple of great young defensive coaches in Chris Harris and Kuechly. I could definitely see Luke as an elite play caller and schemer. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I don't want to derail the thread too much, but can someone briefly explain the difference between a Buffalo Nickel and a MLB in the Tampa 2 defense? 

Tampa 2 - middle LB covers the deep middle.

Buffalo nickel -- is just a different term for a big nickel.  Instead of a CB playing nickel -- you'd have a bigger sized player like a safety or LB.  The idea in part is if a team runs on you when you are in nickle you have enough size on the field to deal with it.   The hybrid type defenders are made in part for this kind of role. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tampa 2 - middle LB covers the deep middle.

Buffalo nickel -- is just a different term for a big nickel.  Instead of a CB playing nickel -- you'd have a bigger sized player like a safety or LB.  The idea in part is if a team runs on you when you are in nickle you have enough size on the field to deal with it.   The hybrid type defenders are made in part for this kind of role. 

Sounds like they want to get Collins and Curl on the field together pretty often, which is really exciting. Add Hudson and Holcombe and you've a big power speed ratio flying around.

• Like 4

It blows my mind that everyone makes a big deal about Collins not playing linebacker. He does. He’s not going to say that’s his position. Safeties make more money, right? So he’s just protecting himself from getting labeled and paid as one. I don’t think he gives a damn about what he asked to do inside of a football scheme. 

No different then TE’s saying they lined up more at receiver when they get franchised. Collins has always been a hard worker and a team guy. He’ll do whatever gets him in a position to get paid as long as he gets paid as a safety. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Was Matt Ion always bigger than Daron Payne? I feel like dude got noticeably bigger since last season. He dense/solid as hell in this pic. 

I'm always also surprised at how big Montez Sweat is, as well. These dudes are MONSTERS. Can't wait to see them turned loose on the NFL in a couple months. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Was Matt Ion always bigger than Daron Payne? I feel like dude got noticeably bigger since last season. He dense/solid as hell in this pic. 

I noticed the other day in some fotos and video of Ion, he looks a little heavier than I remember him. I hope he comes into camp in shape and ready to go. Him staying healthy for us is huge. He can be a vital piece to the puzzle. 

• Like 1