Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to Washington Jaret Patterson, RB Buffalo

zCommander

Well, count me as not part of the HoF crowd in here. Y'all crazy. 

Even peak Maurice Jones-Drew was the Hall of Very Good, and it didn't last long.  

Best case is that he makes Barber obsolete this year. Maybe even allowing them to go 3RBs to allow for more depth elsewhere. 

On 5/3/2021 at 1:16 PM, slinky said:

If arguably the greatest RB to ever live was 5’8 how could a guy go undrafted on the strength of him being just 5’7?  It doesn’t make sense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2021 at 1:42 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

I listened to Mike Greenberg's newish show that he does by himself a couple of days ago, and I kid you not, he ended the day with an interview with Rob Gronkowksi where he called him a bon vivant after and then concluded the show with a segment where he ranked his top five broadway shows that he'd been to, and explained how he'd come to know and befriend half the cast of Hamilton.  Somehow, I don't think that ESPN's resident Frasier Crane was ever that invested in covering the bro minutiae of the NFL.

Mike Greenberg strikes more as the Niles Crane of ESPN. 

Shocked Season 1 GIF by Paramount+

Great reference - I absolutely love that show. So underrated.

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

On 5/10/2021 at 6:04 AM, Rex Tomb said:

Mike Greenberg strikes more as the Niles Crane of ESPN. 

Shocked Season 1 GIF by Paramount+

Great reference - I absolutely love that show. So underrated.

Underrated?!?! That’s the best TV show of all time!!! 😎

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Die Hard said:

Underrated?!?! That’s the best TV show of all time!!! 😎

True, but no one ever holds it in the same air as Seinfeld.  I actually think it's better than Seinfeld because the characters are so likeable in Frasier.

• Like 2

We know the drill by now.  Can he block.

Not that I agree with that being the do all end all with young backs, but it seems its a bigger priority to coaches than we care to acknowledge when drooling.

I have to think RR set realistic expectations there long before we drafted him.  I assume Barry was a decent blocker?? Man those Detroit teams sucked.  I wonder how many Barry's never got a chance because they couldn't block.  #Seastrunk or whatever his name was.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

Jaret Patterson grew 2½ inches on Friday, and, more importantly, picked up a key endorsement from his new coach.

Patterson is a running back out of Buffalo who was signed by Washington as an undrafted free agent. His speed and game is undeniable, but it's his size that fans will notice first.

The team's official roster, released Friday, listed him at a generous 5-foot-9. At his pro day this spring he measured in at 5-foot-6½.

Regardless of the official measurement, he was hard to miss as Washington held its first on-field practice of the season, this one reserved for just the team's rookies.

After the session, Washington coach Ron Rivera offered a flattering comparison - Darren Sproles.

"I had an opportunity to be with Darren in San Diego, and that is who this young man reminds me of," Rivera said. "He is small, but he is explosive and dynamic. He is stout. He looks like a football player. He is a guy that we are going to give every opportunity to see if he can make our football team. I like who he is."

Patterson said he patterns his game after Sproles and Maurice Jones-Drew, and said he's willing to put in the work, both in the run game and as a returner, a position that has long been a weakness in Washington.

"I try to implement their games into my game, and I feel like that's a great comparison for sure," Patterson said of Rivera's comments. "(Sproles) played kick returner, punt returner, and he was a mismatch for defenses."

https://richmond.com/sports/professional/practice-observations-small-patterson-makes-big-impression-at-washingtons-rookie-camp/article_7e1dd9fa-031b-5fb2-bd81-1eb89787b359.html

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2021 at 5:51 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

Jaret Patterson grew 2½ inches on Friday

The team's official roster, released Friday, listed him at a generous 5-foot-9. At his pro day this spring he measured in at 5-foot-6½.

This demands an explanation and elaboration. :)

Did they measure him in cleats that have a heel boost for Plantar Fasciitis support ?

• Like 2

On 5/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, RandyHolt said:

Jeez remember when Sproles got nailed on a fair catch - some Skin nailed him before the punt got there. That is one tough SOB and am happy to hear JP getting compared to him.

That was Deshazor Everett. I remember that game. He knocked out both Sproles and Ertz with helmet to helmet hits in that game was fined a TON of money the next week while he was on his rookie deal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This demands an explanation and elaboration. :)

Did they measure him in cleats that have a heel boost for Plantar Fasciitis support ?

Lol I know you’re joking but team sites are always generous with height listings for guys that need it. He’s definitely not 5-9. 

The good news is for RBs there’s probably more benefits to being short than there are to being tall. A 5-6 guy running behind 6-5 guys can just disappear on you until it’s too late  😎

• Like 2

Pulling hard for Patterson, and not just because he’s in an underdog situation.  Take some wear and tear off Gibson, allow our ground game to plug along if Gibson misses any time, and allow Gibson to transition to more of a Kamara role (which in turn makes it easier to let McKissick walk after this year).  Fingers crossed.

• Like 2