Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Feels like the positioning in the 5th round is for a QB, to take a Qb and another in theory impact player.  They have access to the same trade value chart that we do but sometimes just because you want to trade down doesn't mean the buyer arrives. Sometimes you have to give some to make it happen if you are determind to do it.

Assuming Howell is gone, wonder if they double up on Nevada in the 5th, Strong and Turner. 

Keim talked about in a podcast they like Strong as a 5th round value if he's there

That thought entered my mind since both were private workouts.  But that might mean nothing.  We shall see. 

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

Sam Howell must have screwed up bigtime somewhere along in this process.

I think teams are just not wanting QBs. 

The guys who have went fit within schemes.

Ridder/Atlanta - he plays a lot like Mariota and I think that’s the style they want

Willis / Tennessee - Coming off Tannehill I can see them wanting a more dynamic playmaker

Pickett / Pittsburgh - Legit a perfect fit.

Corral / Carolina - Athletic upside

Though Zappe going to New England is a bit perplexing. Howell must have screwed up somewhere :ols:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, HigSkin said:

The only major potential point of argument there is Mathis (and that factors in the handling of the current DT situation).

If they had similar grade on Olave and Dotson (solid impact weapon, but probably not game changer like you'd expect from London), then trading back for two mid round picks in a deep draft is good business.

Robinson is a good pick from all perspective.  Good value and also meshes with need and identity of the team.

Butler seems like a good pick too.

Williams, Hamilton, and Dean.  Don't know what they saw in medical and what value they had on Hamilton.  Time will tell on that one.

• Like 1

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd be stoked he's been my top want since round 4, will see if he lands there.

I think @KDawglikes Howell but i am not sure though?

At this point I’m questioning every bit of my talent evaluation ability. 

• Haha 4

I'm a little late to the party because I was working but we really do suck at negotiating don't we.

A good team moves back almost a full round from the 4th to the 5th gets a 5th in return as compensation not a 16 spot net gain increase a round later, that's virtually pointless and gives Carolina the player they covet at almost no cost.

• Like 1

If we keep both picks, Strong and Turner I understand but keep possibly Beavers from Cincinnati in mind.  Just saying.  RR talked a lot to him in Cincy and videos of it.  

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

If we keep both picks, Strong and Turner I understand but keep possibly Beavers from Cincinnati.  Just saying.  RR talked a lot to him in Cincy and videos of it.  

Beavers is good there too.  As the draft is unfolding I actually like that trade, 2 high 5th rounders could be good. 

• Like 1