Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

Okay, let me consult the list of drafted players to see who that places him above...

... :angry:

Sorry, but I don't follow college ball, so that's the best I got. Let me try again, uhh.....

He would probably have been gone by your next pick, so if your team really wanted him it was the best time to take him.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Every time we draft a small WR I have Desmond 'Jammed at the LOS' Howard flashbacks.

Think of Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders instead. Sure, we didn't draft them, but Washington has done really well with small receivers. Moss, Garcon, etc.

The receivers who've disappointed us have all been big. Gardner, Westbrook, Doctson, Comb, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Wyvern said:

Dotson doesn't seem like the kind of receiver Wentz needs -- he's small-sized and doesn't seem physical enough for those high 50-50 contested passes that Went routinely serves up. 

So now we have one more small "smurf" WR to add to Washington's current mix of slender/slot-sized WRs plus 2 quasi-4th rounders, to show for having voluntarily dropped out of the blue-chip zone? 

While I'm sure Dotson make some nice catches at times which the Washington hype machine will then use to make this guy seem to be the next coming of the "ultimate receiver" - it seemed to me he was a more like a consolation reach when RonCo's trade-down plans unravelled. It almost seems a bit of a desperation move.

I think a lot of the criticism posted thus far has been absolutely absurd.

I think this is fair, though. Our receivers are all fairly small aside from Sims. McLaurin is medium. Brown isn’t tiny. But this is one reason of many I loved London.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

Seriously what’s the deal with Curtis Samuel?  I’ve heard so little about him it’s frightening. I’ve assumed that an off-season of rest will have him healthy, but there’s been so little discussion of him I wonder what his future is. 

Last I heard was he hasn't started football activities yet.  This was just in the last couple of weeks too.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb down 1

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Is Malik Willis really falling out of the 1st round? If the Lions hadn't traded up, I would say they'd jump on him at #32. 

Carolina is so screwed not having a second or third to be able to trade back into the first to get him.

The Seahawks could possibly just stay put and grab him at the top of the second.  Or they could trade up slightly.

He won't get out of the first 8 picks of the second round. The NYG could take him at 36,  Seattle at 40.  

1 minute ago, GhostofSparta said:

Sorry, but I don't follow college ball, so that's the best I got. Let me try again, uhh.....

He would probably have been gone by your next pick, so if your team really wanted him it was the best time to take him.

You say that fully aware that we pick again at 28?

16 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Datson as good as Olave. You can make complaints that we did not get London or Hamilton but I am not going to say Olave is so much better then Datson.

Yeah this is where I'm at as well. I actually like Dotson more than Olave so I'm not worried about missing out on him, but IMO missing out on Hamilton is tough. I'm not bummed about the pick but I'm not super enthused either, just because I do think he was a reach at 16.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

I’m convinced that Lloyd’s medical isn’t clean. 

Which eases my mind a little about not being an option at 16. 

But we’ll see.

I think Dallas kind of botched that pick. OT5 is about right and he is talented. But earlier than I thought for him.

Just now, KDawg said:

I’m convinced that Lloyd’s medical isn’t clean. 

Which eases my mind a little about not being an option at 16. 

But we’ll see.

I think Dallas kind of botched that pick. OT5 is about right and he is talented. But earlier than I thought for him.

Yeah.  He's also getting dinged for his age.  Baltimore probably takes Johnson here.  

8 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This is my issue. That and I feel like our process was bad. Our FO acted out of panic. There is no way they made this move planning on taking Dotson at 16. The goal was Olave, Williams, or Hamilton. Of course they won't admit that but its obvious to anyone with basic intuition and reasoning. When those guys weren't available they panicked and took a guy they were probably targetting in the 2nd. 

This type of surety is so weird to me. You're a good poster, this isn't an attack on you...but they traded back 5 spots. They can count...to 5. They knew worst case scenario were that the 5 guys who went....went. They obviously made the trade comfortable with Dotson at 16 before they ever signed the paperwork to move back. It's not like they traded back 20 spots and crossed their fingers...it was very obvious who might or might not be there. THAT is common sense using basic intuition and reasoning, as you say. Your thought process is emotional, not logical. (note: this doesn't mean its logical to like the pick...just logical to know that they were aware Dotson might be their top remaining guy at 16) 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I try not to kill college QBs because I have sympathy for how difficult the position is to play, but Sean Clifford sucked.  He was a bum and he makes Kedon Slovis look like Drew Brees.  That kid could not put the ball on the money 8 yards down field to save his life.  None of the other top WR prospects worked with worse QB situations than Dotson except maybe Treylon Burks, but at least that big kid at Arkansas could run.  The Alabama kids had the Football Chosen One throwing to them and the Ohio State kids had someone almost as good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1