Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

No WR early for me. 

I do think we should add a QB with one of our first 2 picks though. I am all in on Wentz, love the acquisition, but you simply need QBs. Back-ups on 10mil per year deals, absurd. Get a rookie on the books with Wentz and we are set.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

I keep hearing about how the top half of the first is very subjective this year, however 17-75 (give or take) is a real gold mine!...I want more chances during those picks! Trade down in the first unless Hamilton is there.

They literally say that EVERY year "lolol". 

16 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Hamilton would be a great fit for us. Collins going, add a true FS and LB for the middle. Hamilton would run riot in a versatile role.

0 chance he falls to 11.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's gotta be Lloyd and either WR or RB in the second.

That's how I'm leaning too.  We need a leader for the defense and for the locker room in general.  We can probably get Jahan Dotson or one of the big 2 RBs at 47.  If the RBs are gone, then we can probably get someone like Zeus White or Kyren Williams later in the draft.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

That's how I'm leaning too.  We need a leader for the defense and for the locker room in general.  We can probably get Jahan Dotson or one of the big 2 RBs at 47.  If the RBs are gone, then we can probably get someone like Zeus White or Kyren Williams later in the draft.

I'm not sure.  I guess I like the depth of the LBs more in the 2nd round area (and taking Stingley/Gardner/London/Wilson in the 1st) vs (Lloyd & Dean) in the first and WR in the 2nd.  London would give us a major diversification in the offense if he were there.  All of our WRs are relatively small (Sims is a JAG IMO).  London would be that PF type we have lacked.

Edited by mhd24
  • Like 1

It is hard to cover all the needs with the 11th and 47th pick in the first three rounds.  If they don't do so in FA, I hope they address LB and Safety with the first picks. 

Just focusing on LB and Safety:

If Hamilton is at 11, no brainer.  At 47, should be in the area where Harris, Muma, Clark may be available.  (I would think Asamoah and Tindall would also be there, but I think there may be better value than them there.) 

If no Hamilton at 11, a trade down would be nice.  For example, Pittsburg #20, #52.  If Lloyd still available, grab him. (Or maybe Dean).  You then have the trading power (#47 and #52) to trade back into the first and grab either Brisker or Daxton Hill and get an additional 3rd or 4th round pick.  If Lloyd and Dean are gone, grab either Brisker or Daxton Hill maneuver to get whichever LB you rate highest.

If no Hamilton or trade - If Lloyd (or Dean) is still available, grab him.  Hopefully there won't be a run on Safeties and Brandon Joseph or Jalen Pitre will be available at 47.

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

3 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

I keep hearing about how the top half of the first is very subjective this year, however 17-75 (give or take) is a real gold mine!...I want more chances during those picks! Trade down in the first unless Hamilton is there.

I'd only stay put for Sauce personally.

Edited by Chump Bailey
  • Like 2

If you like to use the NFL Trade Value Chart as a beginning point for trade considerations, this site seems to update regularly for the 2022 draft.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

Although I don't agree with all their evaluations and rankings, I do like this site for ease of use and some different perspectives.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/ALL/1/2022

:229:The Rook

2 hours ago, sebestian said:

If we cannot trade down and do not see it happening I do not think we can risk waiting to see if Watkins is avail at 47. 

So I go 

#11 Wilson WR Ohio St
#47 Brisker S Penn St

We sign Campbell as well, and bobs your uncle. 

We might be able to get Brisker in the 2nd. But I am with you. The guy is underrated as ****. 

• Like 1

Here's my only issue addressing defense at #11 or #47 ... we have sunk so many draft resources into the defense in recent years and used FA to address the offense. I really think the defense will step up this year with some adjustments, and YES we need a MLB and Safety. I don't think we ignore those, and hope we address them in some form in free agency.

I always prefer to trade down and this year is no different with our lack of Top 100 picks in a seemingly deep draft.

I like about 6 WRs in the 1st round, so I feel pretty good about trading down into the 20s and adding a 2nd rounder to get a WR there.

That does open things up to go LB and OL in the 2nd, and probably address secondary depth in the 4th and beyond.

I would probably hit a pair of trade downs. Once from 11 to the 20's and add a 2nd. Then use one of the 2nds to trade down and accumulate a pair of 3's ... or a late 2 and a late 3.

From a pure roster construction standpoint I think we need to go WR, MLB, OT/OG early ... add a TE in the 4th ... and secondary pieces as well if we have enough picks.

2 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Now that we have our QB, I bet Ron is chomping at the bit to draft Lloyd.

12 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

If we draft any osu receiver it would need to be Olave. Clean route runner great speed and can make yac. He's actually my number 1 receiver. Dude just separates. 

I honestly dont see the value of a 1st round receiver for us. We are going to get Samuel back fully healthy this year. It has to be QB. LB or OL in the 1st for us IMO. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I honestly dont see the value of a 1st round receiver for us. We are going to get Samuel back fully healthy this year. It has to be QB. LB or OL in the 1st for us IMO. 

Current rostered WRs are ..

McLaurin - 1 year left

Samuel - 2 years left

Brown - 3 years left

Milne - 3 years left

Carter, Humphries, Sims are free agents. Maybe we bring back Carter, but I still think you need to add an impact WR to that group. Samuel as a 3rd gadget option and Brown as your WR3 would be ideal if you had McLaurin and Olave/Wilson/Watson/Burks/London as your WR2

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Current rostered WRs are ..

McLaurin - 1 year left

Samuel - 2 years left

Brown - 3 years left

Milne - 3 years left

Carter, Humphries, Sims are free agents. Maybe we bring back Carter, but I still think you need to add an impact WR to that group. Samuel as a 3rd gadget option and Brown as your WR3 would be ideal if you had McLaurin and Olave/Wilson/Watson/Burks/London as your WR2

Oh I get you. But is a 2nd or 4th rounder at WR that much worse than a 1st in this draft? I dont think it is. You might have a chance to grab QB1 at 11 in this draft. Or LB1. To me you go that route. Even G1 is worth more to us than WR3 on our roster. Depends on Scherff for me. If he stays G comes off my board. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I was talking to a friend of mine today about all these moves and what to do.  He is a Steelers fan so we started talking about a trade with the Steelers(with their need for a qb.  I cannot imagine Willis being available when we pick.  My sense is that Pickett will be there and I believe that is who Pittsburgh wants the most, just a gut feeling.  If we trade with them I would want their #20, # 52, # 138 for our #11.  Swap 1st, 2nd and 4th rounder.  Then we have 20,47,52 in the first two rounds.  

Now Ideally I would like to trade down again maybe with Tampa.  I am not sure for who but I would like their third this year.  We could recover the pick traded for Wentz.  At this point I go Christian Wilkens WR at #27.  

Jaquan Brisker S at #47 (or if we get a sense that he may go earlier we have amo to move up.  I really like this guys range and when he hits you, you are going back.  Bad intentions this boy has.

Best OG on our board.  I simply do not know enough about the potential Guards but I know we can use one.  

I know wrong thread, but it is contingent on solidifying MLB in FA, preferable Campbell.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sebestian said:

I was talking to a friend of mine today about all these moves and what to do.  He is a Steelers fan so we started talking about a trade with the Steelers(with their need for a qb.  I cannot imagine Willis being available when we pick.  My sense is that Pickett will be there and I believe that is who Pittsburgh wants the most, just a gut feeling.  If we trade with them I would want their #20, # 52, # 138 for our #11.  Swap 1st, 2nd and 4th rounder.  Then we have 20,47,52 in the first two rounds.  

Now Ideally I would like to trade down again maybe with Tampa.  I am not sure for who but I would like their third this year.  We could recover the pick traded for Wentz.  At this point I go Christian Wilkens WR at #27.  

Jaquan Brisker S at #47 (or if we get a sense that he may go earlier we have amo to move up.  I really like this guys range and when he hits you, you are going back.  Bad intentions this boy has.

Best OG on our board.  I simply do not know enough about the potential Guards but I know we can use one.  

I know wrong thread, but it is contingent on solidifying MLB in FA, preferable Campbell.

What do you guys think?

Very close to what I posted above your post. Position value is everything. Clearly the coaching staff didnt want to go all in at QB in this draft. And that is fine. To me Kenny Pickett is worth the 11th pick in this draft. A trade back is probably our smartest move now that Wentz is our starter. But you need a trade partner. Willis might fall to the Steelers at 20. There is no one under us now that needs a QB except them. Are they really going to give up the capital to move up 9 spots for a guy that will most likely drop to them? We will see my friend. 

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Very close to what I posted above your post. Position value is everything. Clearly the coaching staff didnt want to go all in at QB in this draft. And that is fine. To me Kenny Pickett is worth the 11th pick in this draft. A trade back is probably our smartest move now that Wentz is our starter. But you need a trade partner. Willis might fall to the Steelers at 20. There is no one under us now that needs a QB except them. Are they really going to give up the capital to move up 9 spots for a guy that will most likely drop to them? We will see my friend. 

I hear you.  It always takes two to tango.  Hope for the best. 

Hail

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1