Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

Don't like the trade for Wentz, should have been just 1 2nd round pick in 2023 and swap of 2nd round picks in 2022. Plus his overpaid salary... I hope he doesn't play 70% of snaps next and waste another 2nd round pick.

The package, more specifically, is constructed as follows:

Colts receive: 

• 2022 third-round pick 
  • 2023 third-round pick that escalates to a second-rounder if Carson Wentz plays 70% of snaps
  • 2022 second-round pick

Commanders receive: 

• Carson Wentz
  • 2022 second-round pick

But I love the fact that we are free to wheel and deal at 11. Hope a top prospect falls to 11 so we can trade it or go BPA. 

Edited by SamoaSkinz

7 minutes ago, SamoaSkinz said:

Don't like the trade for Wentz, should have been just 1 2nd round pick in 2023 and swap of 2nd round picks in 2022. Plus his overpaid salary... I hope he doesn't play 70% of snaps next and waste another 2nd round pick.

The package, more specifically, is constructed as follows:

Colts receive: 

• 2022 third-round pick 
  • 2023 third-round pick that escalates to a second-rounder if Carson Wentz plays 70% of snaps
  • 2022 second-round pick

Commanders receive: 

• Carson Wentz
  • 2022 second-round pick

But I love the fact that we are free to wheel and deal at 11. Hope a top prospect falls to 11 so we can trade it or go BPA. 

The only way to hate this trade, is to know what other teams were offering and also who would we sign if we didn't win this trade.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, duffy said:

Trying to recall all the times I was excited about a QB selection in the past couple of decades.... 

Sage Rosenfels - No. Nothing remotely exciting. 

Patrick Ramsey - I'll admit I was a little enamored by his arm strength, but that's about it. 

Jason Candle - I never really got too pumped about Campbell. Just a boring prospect. Can't believe Rodgers went one pick prior 😫

RGIII - Finally! I was so excited to see this kid in B&G. It's a shame how fleeting his time in DC was. 

Kirk Cousins - I was not excited, but more confused, when we traded up for a QB only to select another one the same draft. But the Kirk selection ultimately proved to be a great value. 

Dwayne Haskins - I was not excited to hear Dwayne's name called. I believe I actually groaned. Immediately, I tried to talk myself into the pick and gave him almost two years to prove himself before I wanted him gone. 

The moral of your story is we draft far too few QB's. This is the place veterans come to die. It is ridiculous. We have to draft a QB in this draft. Just have to. 

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

Im fully expecting Kenyon Green in the first now to replace Scherff. Then Kenneth Walker in the second. Anything they can do to raise the floor in hopes of just making the playoffs. 

I like Devin Lloyd in the First and Kenneth Walker in the 2nd.

Edited by SkinsFootball
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Stormy said:

You don’t see anyway they still take a guy like Willis and let him sit a good portion of the year behind Wentz? If not, they are starting all over again with no QB next year, probably coming off another 7 win season. I would definitely favor some foresight here over another year of kicking the QB can down the road. 

I just can't see that after the huge commitment in draft compensation they just made to Wentz.  Wentz will play and I'm not sure I'd even want to bring a first round draft pick into a QB room where the staff will feel such pressure to get their money's worth from Wentz first.  Wentz also isn't old and he's pretty good.

No I think they'll spend their first two picks on guys who make an immediate impact.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

I just can't see that after the huge commitment in draft compensation they just made to Wentz.  Wentz will play and I'm not sure I'd even want to bring a first round draft pick into a QB room where the staff will feel such pressure to get their money's worth from Wentz first.  Wentz also isn't old and he's pretty good.

No I think they'll spend their first two picks on guys who make an immediate impact.

I love Garrett Wilson here to help open things up for Wentz. McLaurin and Samuel are a very good core of weapons.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

I love Garrett Wilson here to help open things up for Wentz. McLaurin and Samuel are a very good core of weapons.

That would be the ultimate Ohio State Alumni network in the receiver room.  I think Garrett Wilson is Odell Beckham Jr 2.0, so I love him and think he would be a great fit here.  Get him and then someone like Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker in the second round and I think our offense goes from limited and anemic to absolutely loaded.  He's worth #11 if he doesn't go top ten.

I like Jordan Davis a little more than him, but the fit isn't as clean.  But the scenario I think I like most of all is a trade down and then picking Lloyd or Dean later in the first.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Is the pressure going to be win with Wentz or win period?

Because the reality is Wentz can't stay healthy and has burned bridges at his last two teams with lightning speed, highly possible we will go through the same thing with him.

He also has only three years remaining on his contract and will be 33 when that contract ends.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Because the reality is Wentz can't stay healthy and has burned bridges at his last two teams with lightning speed, highly possible we will go through the same thing with him.

He also has only three years remaining on his contract and will be 33 when that contract ends.

I think it's always to win period, but Wentz will get the starting job and a big opportunity here.  But he does get hurt, and he plays in a way that gets himself hurt.  You have to roster a high quality back up QB with Wentz as your starter.  And that's why I don't think Taylor Heinicke is out of the picture.  A back up QB who can get you 11 AV in a season and keep the plane in the air is going to be really important and value for us over the near term.

Honestly, there isn't a lot of point in looking past the next three seasons for us.  That is the window of contention for this coaching staff and this defense and this QB that they've chosen.  Right now our focus must shift to figuring out how to maximize this window and we're going to have to figure out how to cross our next QB bridge when we reach it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I think it's always to win period, but Wentz will get the starting job and a big opportunity here.  But he does get hurt, and he plays in a way that gets himself hurt.  You have to roster a high quality back up QB with Wentz as your starter.  And that's why I don't think Taylor Heinicke is out of the picture.  A back up QB who can get you 11 AV in a season and keep the plane in the air is going to be really important and value for us over the near term.

Honestly, there isn't a lot of point in looking past the next three seasons for us.  That is the window of contention for this coaching staff and this defense and this QB that they've chosen.  Right now our focus must shift to figuring out how to maximize this window and we're going to have to figure out how to cross our next QB bridge when we reach it.

I need time to process this, because I'm not convinced Wentz lasts three years here, let alone that we will have a good replacement plan if we wait to the last minute to do it. 

And the idea of Taylor ever starting again for us makes me sick. I'm done with him, I can't do it anymore, man.

Edited by Renegade7

23 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

He's missed 5 games in 3 years. He's 6'5" 240lbs and runs a lot. We have Heinicke to pick up a couple games.

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I need time to process this, because I'm not convinced Wentz lasts three years here, let alone that we will have a good replacement plan if we wait to the last minute to do it. 

And the idea of Taylor ever starting again for us makes me sick. I'm done with him, I can't do it anymore, man.

I'm not convinced Wentz will pan out here either.  He was a pretty big gamble by the Front Office.  In some ways it would have been safer for them to just draft a first round rookie and buy themselves a lot of near-term time.  But I do think Wentz is them taking their shot at QB.

I don't get the negativity that Heinicke seems to engender on this board.  He cost us literally nothing and he stabilized a really brutal QB situation here over the last 14 months.  He's a quality back up and those are very important to have.  He's nothing but a plus to me.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

He's missed 5 games in 3 years. He's 6'5" 240lbs and runs a lot. We have Heinicke to pick up a couple games.

Nope, I'm not buying he's turned the corner regarding health in context of his entire career

SmartSelect_20220309-182811_Chrome.jpg.909280c87a74f2dafe07a576cf9ede29.jpg

And for someone who was also so adamantly done with Taylor, I'm surprised to here you endorse the inevitablility of him starting aome games for us in 2022.

shocked i tell you, shocked:ols:

Lloyd at 11 and Christian Watson at 47 would make me very happy.

Hamilton and Muma

So many ways to crush these first two picks. I really want a RB and think we'll target one if we let McKissic leave. Gibson would be better utilized in his role, we need a RB1.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I'm not convinced Wentz will pan out here either.  He was a pretty big gamble by the Front Office.  In some ways it would have been safer for them to just draft a first round rookie and buy themselves a lot of near-term time.  But I do think Wentz is them taking their shot at QB.

This is fair.

3 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I don't get the negativity that Heinicke seems to engender on this board.  He cost us literally nothing and he stabilized a really brutal QB situation here over the last 14 months.  He's a quality back up and those are very important to have.  He's nothing but a plus to me.

Stabilized is a strong word, bro, I've certainly seen worse, but stabilized is not word I'd use to describe his play in 2021.

The last time we asked him to come out of nowhere and "do what you can" with no expectations for him to try and be the starter was the first time, that playoff game against Tampa.

Him doing spot duty now may be better considering he won't be trying to earn the starting job back, jus do the best he can, but there's a boatload of film in him now, and there were several games it jus seems obvious he was figured out as was our attempts to hide his limitations. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Nope, I'm not buying he's turned the corner regarding health in context of his entire career

SmartSelect_20220309-182811_Chrome.jpg.909280c87a74f2dafe07a576cf9ede29.jpg

And for someone who was also so adamantly done with Taylor, I'm surprised to here you endorse the inevitablility of him starting aome games for us in 2022.

shocked i tell you, shocked:ols:

He's a great back up QB and I'm happy to have him. I just get mad when these potatoes bring him up as a starter.

Like I said, healthy last year, 5 missed in 3 years. He'll get hit less behind our line, too.

49 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

I like Devin Lloyd in the First and Kenneth Walker in the 2nd.

Let me provide insight on my thinking. Lloyd would solidify our front seven by being the QB in the middle and enhancing Jamin's skillet with his move outside. Stopping the run and mitigating the backs and TE's in the pass game.

Walker provides us that 1-2 punch in the run game. We can alleviate Gibson's workload and provide him additional opportunities in the pass game. Gibson provides some positional depth behind Samuel and Walker provides depth behind Gibson.

All healthy we can be creative in the run game with Wentz and setup the deep ball to Terry and Dyami. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SkinsFootball said:

Let me provide insight on my thinking. Lloyd would solidify our front seven by being the QB in the middle and enhancing Jamin's skillet with his move outside. Stopping the run and mitigating the backs and TE's in the pass game.

Walker provides us that 1-2 punch in the run game. We can alleviate Gibson's workload and provide him additional opportunities in the pass game. Gibson provides some positional depth behind Samuel and Walker provides depth behind Gibson.

All healthy we can be creative in the run game with Wentz and setup the deep ball to Terry and Dyami. 

I like Lloyd. But I think I might rather have Muma at this point in all honesty.