Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

We’ve got little OL depth. Currently Charles and Beaushwanzel are the 6 and 7 OL under contract after the starting 5. Not to mention Schweitzer and Flowers are both off the books beyond 2022. Meaning Leno, Cosmi, Roullier and Charles are currently the only OL under contract beyond 2022.

I expect we extend at least Flowers. But I wouldn’t be surprised if we spend some mid to late round picks on OL. We desperately need depth AND long term players 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duffy said:

Yeah, I like linderbaum but this isn't the year for us to go OL in the first round. 

Agree and if you go that route, I rather take a swing at high upside athletic type. Imo we need to find more game changers. Guys who can make something happen. Change the outcome of a game. 

• Like 1

If Sauce and KH are selected before #11 and you are not in the draft a QB with that pick, and you cannot trade down, would you take a gamble on Stingley II.  

I guess the real question is would you reach a little for a MLB (for instance LLoyd).  Follow the board to a T, and go BPA?  I thunk I would lean to addressing WR in the draft in this situation.  Wilson from Ohio St WR.  

We have to get at least one of M. Williams and D. Campbell or competent MLB in free agency.  The draft is so deep especially at safety, will get a good one.

@clskinsfanif you’re going to pull a Cooleyfan explain why. 

I’ll go first:

A center/guard isn’t a value selection at 11. I don’t like Pickett as a prospect all that much: small hands, makes a living on YAC, can’t throw in weather and has a fumbling issue. 

Your turn.

• Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’ll go first:

A center/guard isn’t a value selection at 11. I don’t like Pickett as a prospect all that much: small hands, makes a living on YAC, can’t throw in weather and has a fumbling issue. 

Your turn.

There's been a few people CF93-ing everyones posts lately.

The way everyone knows 86'd means it's out or gone or empty, 93'd now means thumbed down.  :ols:

• Haha 5

I just dislike our spot this year. I don't love a prospect in our range. I like Sauce, but he ain't gonna be there unless QB dominos fall before us. 

If no QB goes you almost need to pick one. You then either go extreme high risk with Willis. Or terrible upside Pickett. First one will get rushed in the line up and second will play into the weak point of our O coordinator. We gonna run the short game all day with two deep burners at WR.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

I just dislike our spot this year. I don't love a prospect in our range. I like Sauce, but he ain't gonna be there unless QB dominos fall before us. 

If no QB goes you almost need to pick one. You then either go extreme high risk with Willis. Or terrible upside Pickett. First one will get rushed in the line up and second will play into the weak point of our O coordinator. We gonna run the short game all day with two deep burners at WR.

I love our spot, especially on day 2. Hope this is the last time were sniffing 10 for a while.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’ll go first:

Your turn.

I agree about the center/guard.

But I think Pickett is the best QB in this draft and a top 20 player in this draft as well. If you can get the best QB in the draft at 11 you draft him. And Joe Montana made his living off of yac. Everyone keeps ignoring Pickett. But the guy had a great season and Senior Bowl and what do people do. Oh he underthrew a receiver. It is getting old at this point. Yes he has small hands. He also has elite midrange accuracy, way underrated athleticism, great pocket awareness, an above average arm and would be ready to start day one. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

But I think Pickett is the best QB in this draft and a top 20 player in this draft as well. If you can get the best QB in the draft at 11 you draft him. And Joe Montana made his living off of yac. Everyone keeps ignoring Pickett. But the guy had a great season and Senior Bowl and what do people do. Oh he underthrew a receiver. It is getting old at this point. Yes he has small hands. He also has elite midrange accuracy, way underrated athleticism, great pocket awareness, an above average arm and would be ready to start day one. 

I like Pickett if he is there at 11 I would take him maybe start him. He will be as good as JimmyG and cheap.

15 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I don’t think he had a great senior bowl. I think he had one really good throw and then just played mediocre football. Which is what I ultimately believe he’s going to give. 

We’ll see, but I don’t think he’s even close to being a top 20 overall player. I don’t think any of the QBs are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don’t think he had a great senior bowl. I think he had one really good throw and then just played mediocre football. Which is what I ultimately believe he’s going to give. 

We’ll see, but I don’t think he’s even close to being a top 20 overall player. I don’t think any of the QBs are. 

That was simply my explanation of why i "thumbs downed" your post. I have been clear about my thoughts on Pickett for months at this point. I am the one that originally brought his name into this thread. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, duffy said:

I saw a mock today that had us taking Ridder at 11 🤢

Willis, Pickett, and Corral at 11 doesn't necessarily excite me as its not great value, but I would probably get behind it pretty quickly.  If we take Ridder at 11, I am not going to get behind that until he starts showing us on the field he a capable starting QB.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, philibusters said:

Willis, Pickett, and Corral at 11 doesn't necessarily excite me as its not great value, but I would probably get behind it pretty quickly.  If we take Ridder at 11, I am not going to get behind that until he starts showing us on the field he a capable starting QB.

I can get excited about a QB at 11.  I know they are rough and have their warts, and that we'd be headed for a rough year next season most likely.  But getting a QB prospect is exciting.  And I like the potential of these QB prospects well enough.  I can see a path to success with Pickett and Willis in particular.

• Like 3