Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT signs QB Ryan Fitzpatrick to a one-year deal worth $10 million!... Oh, Oh, Oh Fitzmagic... ya knooowwwww!

zCommander

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I don't think a $10M, 1 yr deal is enough to make Rivera ignore a QB who's paid less but playing better. That's not much of a commitment at all.

No, but Rivera and the WFT aren't paying Fitzpatrick $10 million to sit on the bench.

I think it is Ryan's job to lose. He'll have to play incredibly, spectacularly bad (or get injured) for TH to see the field this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Ryan, did the check bounce? No? Then we're good no matter what we ask"

Fitz has had his ego torched by what, a quarter of the league? I don't expect he is going to get his panties in a bunch whatever happens. 1 yr/$10 mil is do what we tellya money.

• Like 7

2020 REGULAR SEASON PASSING RUSHING
DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT LNG SACK RTG QBR ATT YDS AVG TD LNG
Sat 12/26 @LVLV 9 13 182 69.2 14.0 1 0 59 0 137.5 92.5 0 0 0.0 0 0
Sun 11/29 @NYJNYJ 24 39 257 61.5 6.6 2 0 25 4 97.9 62.5 3 10 3.3 0 12
Sun 11/22 @DENDEN 12 18 117 66.7 6.5 0 1 25 0 61.6 30.4 2 6 3.0 0 5
Sun 10/18 vsNYJNYJ 18 27 191 66.7 7.1 3 2 43 2 93.3 39.5 1 4 4.0 0 4
Sun 10/11 @SFSF 22 28 350 78.6 12.5 3 0 70 2 154.5 99.4 3 16 5.3 0 17
Sun 10/4 vsSEASEA 29 45 315 64.4 7.0 0 2 26 1 66.4 68.8 6 47 7.8 1 11
Thu 9/24 @JAXJAX 18 20 160 90.0 8.0 2 0 20 1 133.3 96.9 7 38 5.4 1 14
Sun 9/20 vsBUFBUF 31 47 328 66.0 7.0 2 0 27 3 100.3 70.4 3 12 4.0 0 7
Sun 9/13 @NENE 20 30 191 66.7 6.4 0 3 21 1 44.6 60.6 5 18 3.6 0 12
REGULAR SEASON STATS 183 267 2,091 68.5 7.8 13 8 70 14 95.6 76.9 30 151 5.0 2 17

Seems like he had a good game stat wise (albeit in a losing effort) against Buffalo last year. Wonder how much that game will help us this year?

Edited by Chris 44

2 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

No, but Rivera and the WFT aren't paying Fitzpatrick $10 million to sit on the bench.

I think it is Ryan's job to lose. He'll have to play incredibly, spectacularly bad (or get injured) for TH to see the field this season.

He doesn't have to be terrible, he just has to be 2nd best.

An if Ron determines that Fitz is actually the 2nd best QB on the roster, no part of me will be shocked if he's not the starter.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I don't think a $10M, 1 yr deal is enough to make Rivera ignore a QB who's paid less but playing better. That's not much of a commitment at all.

But Fitz will start the season though. Sure TH might replace him down the stretch if Fitz fizzles out of magic. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

I would not be shocked if Ryan Fitzpatrick is the starter come week 1.  I will absolutely be shocked if he were to start every game this season, and that is assuming he is healthy all year.

I am not worried. TH will be ready to take over. We have a good backup QB. 

1 hour ago, DJHJR86 said:

I would not be shocked if Ryan Fitzpatrick is the starter come week 1.  I will absolutely be shocked if he were to start every game this season, and that is assuming he is healthy all year.

Fitz will be the week 1 starter. IMO Rivera isn't going to bench a QB and start another unless the first guy is really playing poorly. If Fitz turns into Fitztragic and stays there for a few games I think RR may pull the plug and give TH a shot to see what happens. Otherwise I don't think it will happen outside of an injury.

Edited by mistertim

27 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The guy has thrown the ball about 120 times in NFL games by the age of 28. I don't think you know what type of backup the Skins have. 

I have seen him how he played for us and the reports coming from OTA and practice are good too.

I don't look at the past. I look at the present and what the future can hold. 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SkinsGuy said:

We are likely going to be paying Landon Collins 14m a year to sit on the bench unless he somehow beats out McCain and Curl. The notion that he will be handed the job on a platter just because he makes 10m for a single season is a bit wild. If the team really loved Fitzpatrick they would have signed him to a longer contract. He is a placeholder, a placeholder should not be guaranteed a starting spot if someone better comes along. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tmandoug1 said:

Let's hope the WFT players, staff and offensive style change this......

223-169 TD

In his 16-year career, Fitzpatrick has a losing QB record and is responsible for a 223-169 TD:INT ratio, which leaves a lot to be desired.

He is 50 - 33 the last 3 yrs. That means his TD/Int ratio went from 1.27 (173/136) to 1.51 (50/33). Not saying he is lock to be that guy - just saying this and other metrics suggest he is playing the best ball in his career - and if he starts will have the best D and one of the best set of offensive tools in his career. It could all be a mirage and he and we fall apart. But I doubt it, I have a lot of faith in RR. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

Aaron Rodgers week 1 starter..write it down...

Does anyone know if aaron would fit this offense?..if he would perfectly I could see him coming here.

Watson to denver ..aaron dosent wanna go to las vegas..they dont have the d to win right now like we do..

1 hour ago, RandyHolt said:

He seems to have stopped the 5 INT 5 TD games and instead has mah-turred into more of a game manager. Lets call him a late 

Hey man long time no see haha

3 hours ago, zskins said:

I have seen him how he played for us and the reports coming from OTA and practice are good too.

I don't look at the past. I look at the present and what the future can hold. 😉

Hey man..hows your friday? haha

5 hours ago, zskins said:

I am not worried. TH will be ready to take over. We have a good backup QB. 

Hail yeah man..im actually excited about the qb room.this year...why..idk..but kinda already waiting for fitz to.lose the starting job haha..if aaron ain't here that is

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We are likely going to be paying Landon Collins 14m a year to sit on the bench unless he somehow beats out McCain and Curl. The notion that he will be handed the job on a platter just because he makes 10m for a single season is a bit wild. If the team really loved Fitzpatrick they would have signed him to a longer contract. He is a placeholder, a placeholder should not be guaranteed a starting spot if someone better comes along. 

You can't compare a safety to the QB position.

Not to mention Collins is coming off an achilles injury. He may start the year on the PUP list. Maybe even IR.

If Collins is ready to go, I assure you, both he an Curl will see plenty of action this season. I wouldn't include McCain with them. He will be a free safety. Collins and Curl will be strong safeties rotating in and out to keep each of them fresh.

You can't rotate the QB position. Or, at least  it usually isn't a good idea. I never said Fitzpatrick is being handed the job. I said it was his job to lose, and that he would have to play extremely bad to lose it and have TH or Allen replace him.

I've seen nothing in minicamp to change my mind about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Hey man..hows your friday? haha

Hail yeah man..im actually excited about the qb room.this year...why..idk..but kinda already waiting for fitz to.lose the starting job haha..if aaron ain't here that is

Not a Friday Friday as I am doing a major server upgrade tonight. Us iT guys work after people get to go home....lol

First Aarron is not coming here. So there is that. Two I like what we have at the QB position so far. Like, Ron, I ain't worried. :D

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

He is 50 - 33 the last 3 yrs. That means his TD/Int ratio went from 1.27 (173/136) to 1.51 (50/33). Not saying he is lock to be that guy - just saying this and other metrics suggest he is playing the best ball in his career - and if he starts will have the best D and one of the best set of offensive tools in his career. It could all be a mirage and he and we fall apart. But I doubt it, I have a lot of faith in RR. 

Ding-ding-ding- you hit the bullseye.

None of this is about Fitzmagic/tragic or Heinecanhe?, it is about Ron & Co doing their jobs to run the team to best effect.

If Fitz plays his ass off and TH still outplays him, it's an easy decision. If Fitz cools off, if Heinicke steps up, if if if if- Ron is gonna do whatever needs to be done.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but if once bitten/twice shy, what the hell are any of us after 20 years of being gnawed to the bone?- BUT I am actually pretty damned comfortable letting Ron run things and see how it plays out. I don't know how I muster any hope, maybe it's a tumor, but there it is.

I am lookin at the schedule and it is tough as a cheap steak, but honestly, I don't see a game we cannot win. Let them worry about us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

You can't compare a safety to the QB position.

Not to mention Collins is coming off an achilles injury. He may start the year on the PUP list. Maybe even IR.

If Collins is ready to go, I assure you, both he an Curl will see plenty of action this season. I wouldn't include McCain with them. He will be a free safety. Collins and Curl will be strong safeties rotating in and out to keep each of them fresh.

You can't rotate the QB position. Or, at least  it usually isn't a good idea. I never said Fitzpatrick is being handed the job. I said it was his job to lose, and that he would have to play extremely bad to lose it and have TH or Allen replace him.

I've seen nothing in minicamp to change my mind about that.

None of us have seen anything in minicamp other than short clips. It does feel to me that Ron's tone has slightly changed when it comes to the position and I gather that TH is definitely the firm #2 with the potential to start. 

My issues are the reasonings people have been giving as to why Fitzpatrick should start. A 1 year contract shouldn't cement him as the starter. If anything that can easily be manipulated to look like an expensive insurance plan in case TH starts and gets injured. Leadership is another reason I've heard people say he should start. 

I want the guy who can toss the best footballs, leadership is important but it has to be ranked below actual skill level. 

• Like 2