Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2022 (Dems in charge of Senate. Reps take the House. Herschel Walker headed back home to ignore his children )

Cooked Crack

Have you voted yet?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Have you voted yet?

• By mail
    • Early voting
    • Not yet
    • can't vote/not voting

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Yeah. I mean I get what I’m hearing isn’t exactly what’s on the mainstream feeds right now. But I’m hearing bloodbath and it could be incredibly bad (could be)

Kind've annoyed you really don't want to answer this... probably because there is no defensible answer for advocating for the EC.  

How would giving every American an equally weighted vote for the President of the United States, who is the only office on 100 percent of the ballots equate to "a small handful of areas control the outcome of the country, as if that somehow represents America".  

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Fergasun said:

Kind've annoyed you really don't want to answer this... probably because there is no defensible answer for advocating for the EC.  

How would giving every American an equally weighted vote for the President of the United States, who is the only office on 100 percent of the ballots equate to "a small handful of areas control the outcome of the country, as if that somehow represents America".  

Probably because he knows this isn't the thread for it.  The EC has ZERO affect on this election.  Take it elsewhere.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

But...how? lol

Because you can develop models that show you how the election will go based on certain specific returns from certain areas. 

kind of like how we know certain states will always go certain ways, and the result in only some others really tell us the end result. 

and they assign confidence values and when they get a high enough confidence they call it. 

Just now, The Almighty Buzz said:

Probably because he knows this isn't the thread for it.  The EC has ZERO affect on this election.  Take it elsewhere.

not only that but it was specifically requested that conversation stop and everyone else respected the request. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

DeSantis is going to be our next president. 

Only if Trump gets indicted and convicted.  Otherwise Trump will eat him on a debate stage.  DeSantis is a typical republican, he can’t handle a guy calling him a him a prancing dickhead with an ugly mother.  None of these Republican's used to throwing their weight around in room full of easily offended men can handle Trump.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Why do you say that? They haven’t called the Spanberger race yet, have they?

no. Vega has a chance cause it’s mostly prince wolliam still to report and on a board there and a known name. But. It’s not looking good for Vega. But no it’s not over yet…

cao was the absolute bloothbath scenario and he lost 

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Only if Trump gets indicted and convicted.  Otherwise Trump will eat him on a debate stage.  DeSantis is a typical republican, he can’t handle a guy calling him a him a prancing dickhead with an ugly mother.  None of these Republican's used to throwing their weight around in room full of easily offended men can handle Trump.  

DeSantis can't beat Trump. Why would Trumpers vote for a knock off Trump in DeSantis when they can have the real moron in Trump? Once Trump humiliates him further (cause he will, its already begun) there won't be anything left of DeSantis to run.

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Been on point so far

Thank you my district, now bring the last one home, Virginia!

• Like 2

@The Almighty Buzz

@tshile
Requested by a moderator?  I don't believe the request was made by a moderator. Please let me know which moderator directed us to take EC discussion out of a thread on the current national election (also I just popped in here about an hour ago).  In fact it was probably made by someone who equally wants to deny that the electoral college is not a fair, balanced, even-handed way to elect the President. So you all have been chilling in here only posting electoral college related posts, and every single post you make is on topic?  Sorry to ruin your comfortable "election night and only election night 2022 thread".   

I've since complied with the request, so we can actually have the discussion somewhere else; if you are willing to defend the position.

• Thumb down 1

I was in Spanberger's district until I moved summer of 2021 to a new district 3.5 miles from my old house (a red district with no hope of ever turning blue). She's been good for the state & Congress and a good person. A buddy of mine does a lot of work on her campaign. Glad to see her re-elected.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@The Almighty Buzz

@tshile
Requested by a moderator?  I don't believe the request was made by a moderator. Please let me know which moderator directed us to take EC discussion out of a thread on the current national election (also I just popped in here about an hour ago).  In fact it was probably made by someone who equally wants to deny that the electoral college is not a fair, balanced, even-handed way to elect the President. So you all have been chilling in here only posting electoral college related posts, and every single post you make is on topic?  Sorry to ruin your comfortable "election night and only election night 2022 thread".   

I've since complied with the request, so we can actually have the discussion somewhere else; if you are willing to defend the position.

Thank you for complying with the request.  And yes, it was a request, not a direction.  I thought that was abundently clear by the fact that I'm not a Mod.  But usually things try to be handled at the lowest level possible.  Didn't really feel like reporting the post was needed.