Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me I'd be jazzed if its Fitzpatrick.  Don't hate dalton but wouldn't like it either.  Ditto Trubisky.   The upside to me for Dalton and Trubisky is shutting down giving up draft capital for Darnold albeit I don't like either one.

See tweet below, Jordan is one of my favs.  Losing out on him for Darnold -- yuck. 

targeting a particular player is the last thing you want. RIght now WTF would be targeting Zaven in the 1st and Brevin in the 2nd. While that would be an awesome draft, chances are there's no way it occurs.

Also, I see KC restructured all their top stars and now have another 20 million to play with so I’m guessing they’re in on Williams.

despite everything, this year’s free agency looks like business as usual. Record setting contracts, huge deals etc

6 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

targeting a particular player is the last thing you want. RIght now WTF would be targeting Zaven in the 1st and Brevin in the 2nd. While that would be an awesome draft, chances are there's no way it occurs.

Agree. I've made that same point here.  Where I am coming from is the 2nd round looks loaded, if it were me I am not giving up the chance to draft someone like Jordan, Elijah Moore, Eichenberg, T. Marshall, etc for Darnold. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

If we go and sign Dalton to me it means the staff wants Heiny or Allen to start with Dalton the insurance policy. 

Which, again, is disheartening to me. Let those guys compete but if that’s your plan A as the contracts on this defense tick away? Not inspiring by any measure and shows a desire to be competent, not great. I get we’re in a tough spot to be drafting, signing, or trading for a QB. It’s not an easy position to fix even with more resources or higher draft picks. But purposely entering a season following a (lucky, meh) division title with the winner of a QB battle between Heinicke, Allen, and a guy like Dalton is just depressing. At least Fitzpatrick would bring some pizazz and fire to go along with this D until we can draft someone. Dalton? That’s giving up on the position. It’s a tough spot to be in for Rivera.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I'd rather they draft Newman or Mond in the 3rd then Dalton

According to multiple beat guys don't expect them to take someone in the draft if they sign a FA.  They would then have to let Kyle Allen or Heinicke go.  You aren't going to have 4 QBs on your roster. 

Based on what they said, I gather if someone they love falls like Fields they'd be willing to dump one of their three veterans for that dude but they won't take a flier in the draft like Mond supposedly if they sign a FA. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thing is if you add a veteran QB you can use that 3rd rounder on a skill position player or a LB. the draft is very deep at both of those spots. 

Agreed but I don't believe Allen is the future and Heinicke has never proven to stay healthy. One of those guys may be able to be the future. Dalton is eh

If they bring in Dalton they are not drafting anyone

Edited by DWinzit
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m surprised there hasn’t been news on Alex smith interest by teams (bears, jaguars?) yet. 

I’m not. He’s not a day 1 type signing imo. He was a great story but looked awful most of last year, wants the right fit, and his leg was still clearly giving him big trouble. Teams don’t need to spend precious time on him right now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Which, again, is disheartening to me. Let those guys compete but if that’s your plan A as the contracts on this defense tick away? Not inspiring by any measure and shows a desire to be competent, not great. I get we’re in a tough spot to be drafting, signing, or trading for a QB. It’s not an easy position to fix even with more resources or higher draft picks. But purposely entering a season following a (lucky, meh) division title with the winner of a QB battle between Heinicke, Allen, and a guy like Dalton is just depressing. At least Fitzpatrick would bring some pizazz and fire to go along with this D until we can draft someone. Dalton? That’s giving up on the position. It’s a tough spot to be in for Rivera.

I forgot on what podcast I heard it and who said it.  But I get the vibe is if they need to go with Plan B it would be a servicable QB accomplained with a loaded roster.  So the concept would be killer defense, great weapons and hopefully the QB could do just enough.  Their Plan A would be to find a franchise guy

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Signing Dalton doesn't mean we can't trade up in the draft. I'm with you, lets get Fitz, but if RR thinks there's a role for Dalton I'm OK with it mostly because I have a lot of confidence in both Heiny and Allen.