Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

I forgot Jayon Brown was hurt.  He should be fine by season start, but I wonder if teams wait until Wednesday to meet him in person and see how he's healing.

59. LB Jayon Brown

Another undersized, modern-day linebacker, Brown has earned the 10th-best coverage grade in the league since 2018. His profile is eerily similar to Matt Milano's — they're plus coverage players, below-average run defenders and both have a fifth-round pedigree.

The one difference is stylistic, as Milano has done his best work when lined up in single coverage while Brown has performed best in zone. Brown also has the fourth-best forced incompletion percentage since 2017, so he will get his hands on the ball in the middle of the field.

Contract Analysis: Tennessee also has to make a decision on the fifth-year option for 2018 first-round LB Rashaan Evans this offseason, which may influence whether the Titans keep Brown around. Brown is a bright spot on a defense that struggles mightily in coverage, but, unfortunately, a dislocated and fractured elbow suffered in Week 11 against the Baltimore Ravens could impact his negotiations. While no two players are the same, Chicago Bears LB Danny Trevathan suffered the same injury to the same elbow in Week 10 of 2019 and he was ready to go by Week 1 of 2020 with a new contract extension of his own.

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I haven’t seen any news on:

Malik Hooker

Jayon Brown

Curtis Samuel

Eric Fisher

KJ Wright

If that’s right and I’m just not a victim of a slow F5 twitch finger that’s good news. 

Probably a corner or two we may be in on as well.

He’s going to be one of the last QB dominoes to fall. There’s a few others that have to get out of the way first before anyone signs him.

There's been plenty of buzz on Samuel and the top WRs.  Seems Edge and WR is where there's a lot of competition today, not so much LB.  Fisher can't pass a physical for probably several months so he's not going to sign anywhere for a while.  Brown's coming off injury also.  

Edited by drowland

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

If we sign Trubisky, I will be extraordinarily disappointed. Darnold was trash while on a trash team. Trubisky was trash and had Allen Robinson. I'd have to be paid to take Trubisky off someone's hands.

Trubisky is far from elite. But he isnt the scrub some on here make him out to be. He played well in 2018 with a team that was constructed very similar to our current team. His career stats are not awful either:

Mitch Trubisky stats
Career stats

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Career

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, jsharrin55 said:

I forgot Jayon Brown was hurt.  He should be fine by season start, but I wonder if teams wait until Wednesday to meet him in person and see how he's healing.

59. LB Jayon Brown

Another undersized, modern-day linebacker, Brown has earned the 10th-best coverage grade in the league since 2018. His profile is eerily similar to Matt Milano's — they're plus coverage players, below-average run defenders and both have a fifth-round pedigree.

The one difference is stylistic, as Milano has done his best work when lined up in single coverage while Brown has performed best in zone. Brown also has the fourth-best forced incompletion percentage since 2017, so he will get his hands on the ball in the middle of the field.

Contract Analysis: Tennessee also has to make a decision on the fifth-year option for 2018 first-round LB Rashaan Evans this offseason, which may influence whether the Titans keep Brown around. Brown is a bright spot on a defense that struggles mightily in coverage, but, unfortunately, a dislocated and fractured elbow suffered in Week 11 against the Baltimore Ravens could impact his negotiations. While no two players are the same, Chicago Bears LB Danny Trevathan suffered the same injury to the same elbow in Week 10 of 2019 and he was ready to go by Week 1 of 2020 with a new contract extension of his own.

Eh, A mere flesh wound

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Saw that.

ES, should we? :P 

Honestly, yes. Once he got back into football shape, he showed he is still a top 10 TE in this league. It would be great to add a future first ballot hall of famer to this group of young offensive players

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Trubisky is far from elite. But he isnt the scrub some on here make him out to be. He played well in 2018 with a team that was constructed very similar to our current team. His career stats are not awful either:

Mitch Trubisky stats
Career stats

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Career

Trubisky is not a leader. I don't think he would command leadership of the locker room like say Heinicke would

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, method man said:

This is great. Glad we are not really being connected to any big names here. Based on last season, I trust this team to find more value signings at bargain prices. I'd be very happy with signing the likes of John Brown and Jacob Hollister to 1-2 year deals at AAVs $5M or lower. 

There are also going to be a bunch of names we sign who will not have heard of that I expect this board to criticize. 

Cant get too crazy with the $, dont forget we still need to set aside money for when Troy Apke becomes a FA.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Mitch Trubisky stats
Career stats

Year
Team
CMP%
YDS
TD
INT
Rating

Career

His career high of 3,223 yards shows me he has trouble pushing the ball down the field. I try not to put too much emphasis on yards but that's a little over 201 passing yards a game, and that's pretty awful in today's NFL. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, method man said:

Honestly, yes. Once he got back into football shape, he showed he is still a top 10 TE in this league. It would be great to add a future first ballot hall of famer to this group of young offensive players

My guess ls it’s just his way of saying “hey Tampa, show me the money!” 

11 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yes, i mean in the ten days. I’m surprised there hasn’t been interest in him in any of those 10 days. No **** teams didn’t have to wait until now, i am well aware of how it works 😂 

Well he's not exactly a highly sought after player. Seems like he'd be more of a second of third tier guy, once teams have a better idea of what they can or cannot acquire. Plus, I suspect teams may want him to come in for a physical before really committing much.

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Trubisky was benched for washed-up Nick Foles. Washed up AFTER Jacksonville Nick Foles. I put on rose colored glasses for Alex Smith because He's My QB and All He Does is Win. But rose colored glasses aside, he was mediocre. Michell was that for the Bears, except without the feel-good underdog story to go with it. Alex has little value as a starter outside Washington, and Trubisky has no value to me outside Chicago.

If we're going to sign a QB, get me someone better than Mitchell. Mitchell is a QB carousel dude. I am sick of carousels.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

His career high of 3,223 yards shows me he has trouble pushing the ball down the field. I try not to put too much emphasis on yards but that's a little over 201 passing yards a game, and that's pretty awful in today's NFL. 

This is fair. He has also struggled in the redzone throughout his career. I am not saying he will definitely work out. But he has the mobility and arm talent you are looking for. And he wouldnt cost us anything to sign him except cash. 

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Article posted in the QB thread. Dates back to the year he was drafted though. 

Oh ok.  I was looking at his NFL draft profile on Walterfootball and it mentioned him as such.  :)  Scratch what I said they didn't say that.  Sorry. 

Edited by RWJ

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

This is fair. He has also struggled in the redzone throughout his career. I am not saying he will definitely work out. But he has the mobility and arm talent you are looking for. And he wouldnt cost us anything to sign him except cash. 

He has the traits, I think it's mental with him which means he'll either get it eventually or he won't. Sometimes NFL game is just too fast for some of these QBs. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 1