Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Post.com: Doug Pederson fired by Eagles

TK

Wow, is this them choosing Wentz over Pederson?  Playoffs 3 out of 5 years and a Superbowl victory, tough gig being an NFL coach.  

That FO needs to hold themselves accountable for making lousy picks, you picked Reager and could have had Jefferson, dummies.

9 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

Ron Rivera is now the longest tenured coach in the NFCE.  Crazy.

You don’t mean the longest employed by an NFCE team, right? Cause Mike McCarthy and Joe Judge also have been in the NFCE for a season. 

Well Doug, that’s kinda what you have to deal with if you wanna be a head coach. Owners are going to want to have a say in things too. 

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I think the Eagles will regret firing their most successful head coach since Andy Reid and their first Super Bowl winner since.... Oh yeah, they fired their only coach who's reached the Super Bowl. Cool.

They had TWO coaches who reached the super bowl. Just one that’s WON the super bowl 

EDIT: THREE, as @drowland corrected me on. However, my point still stands. 

Whatever sets back the eagles. :eagles_suck:

Does this mean Lurie wants to keep Wentz? Because Wentz isn't going to want to stay unless he is starting.

Does Hurts go back to the bench? Will he be happy with that?

Sounds like a potential QB mess in Philadelphia.

30 minutes ago, drowland said:

They had THREE coaches who reached the super bowl.  Just one that's WON.  Reid and Dick Vermeil won super bowl's elsewhere.

I never implied that Reid won with Philly. Just that since he also reached the super bowl with them, it’s more than just one. I didnt know that Vermeil took took the eagles to the super bowl, however my point still stands, Doug wasn’t the only eagles coach that reached the super bowl, as @NickyJ said. 

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I never implied that Reid won with Philly. Just that since he also reached the super bowl with them, it’s more than just one. I didnt know that Vermeil took took the eagles to the super bowl, however my point still stands, Doug wasn’t the only eagles coach that reached the super bowl, as @NickyJ said. 

Yeah I know what you meant, I just threw in the part about them winning elsewhere.

1 hour ago, BleedBNG said:

Wentz over Pederson? I'm confused. Is Lurie becoming like Snyder? Sounds good to me.

Worse in a way. Apparently him or Roseman want to decide who his assistants are and whenever they fired assistants in the past it was their idea.  

Soooo.....

Eagles: fire their head coach, have to figure out what to do with their starting QB which may have played a role in their head coach being fired.

Cowboys: fire their defensive coordinator and DL coach after one year, are paying their starting RB $100 gazilion dollars to rush for 46 yards per game and take himself out after three straight runs, and have to figure out what to do with their injured starting QB who may demand $40M/year or more.

Giants: head coach goes on a public whining spree after not making the playoffs at 6-10, and whose starting QB just had 3 fumbles and a pick-6 last Friday while eating at Red Lobster.

WFT: head coach overcomes cancer, starting QB overcomes a life-threatening leg injury to go 5-1 as a starer, won the division, have a top-10 defense, a legit #1 WR, and may have found a future franchise QB on Craigslist.

That seems right some how...

7 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Soooo.....

Eagles: fire their head coach, have to figure out what to do with their starting QB which may have playde a role in their head coach being fired.

Cowboys: fire their defensive coordinator and DL coach after one year, are paying their starting RB $100 gazilion dollars to rush for 46 yards per game and take himself out after three straight runs, and have to figure out what to do with their injured starting QB who may demand $40M/year or more.

Giants: head coach goes on a public whining spree after not making the playoffs at 6-10, and whose starting QB just had 3 fumbles and a pick-6 last Friday while eating at Red Lobster.

WFT: head coach overcomes cancer, starting QB overcomes a life-threatening leg injury to go 5-1 as a starer, won the division, have a top-10 defense, a legit #1 WR, and may have found a future franchise QB on Craigslist.

That seems right somehow...

Welcome to the 2020 hangover...2021...

If 2020 was the bad drunken night where you black out...2021 is gonna be the walk of shame home...

Archived