Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

A Disgruntled Employee Changed The State Department’s Website To Say That Trump’s Term Ends Today, Sources Say

A disgruntled employee at the State Department changed the biographies of President Donald Trump and Vice President Mike Pence to say their term was coming to an end on Monday — nine days before President-elect Joe Biden is to be sworn in — two current-serving diplomats with knowledge of the situation told BuzzFeed News.

The changes to the State Department’s website come days after Trump incited a deadly insurrection at the US Capitol that has led Democrats to begin the process of impeaching him for a second time and led to calls for Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment and remove Trump from office.

The president’s biography was changed to read, “Donald J. Trump's term ended on 2021-01-11 19:49:00,” while the vice president’s biography was edited to “Michael R. Pence's term ended on 2021-01-11 19:44:22.” The time stamp on Trump's page changed multiple times, before both pages were removed around 3:50 p.m. and replaced with a 404 reading, "We’re sorry, this site is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again in a few moments."

Click on the link for the full story

28 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

The worst thing to come out of this is that somehow if you don't agree with large federal government and central planning for the economy and society than your other option is to be labeled a white supremacist conspiracy theory nut job just because you want to have rational discussions about things. The push to "cancel" Heneicke is just the start. 

If you feel that's your only two options, then I'd suggest you take back your party. 

Tbf modern conservatism died when they embraced the southern strategy in the late 1960s. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Don't tell me to stay on topic, I think you are projecting views on me that aren't mine. What occured at the capitol building was MUCH more than an organized riot. It was VERY different than even the attacks and firebombings of government buildings and police stations over the summer. 

If you can't see that what occured the other day is much more than "organized rioting" than I don't know what to tell you. 

You absolutely are, on murican internet anyway 

To be clear what you're asking is "please don't lump me as a Republican in with these insurrectionists."?

The Republicans have been longing for this since well before many of us were even born. Hell a key part of their party platform here in the South has be to violently overthrow a tyrannical government. Its brought up in the 2nd Amendment defense arguments regularly. Those who supported these Confederates now wanna act like they "didn't know" or "weren't aware". Germans said the same **** about the Nazis after WW2.

Edited by clietas
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

The DC Mayor, the Capitol Police and the secret service need to all face an investigation and find out why tear gas wasn't shot all over thesr people at the very least. I get that they wanted to let people demonstrate but there has to be a point. 

Unfortunately the mayor doesn't have jurisdiction over the capitol area. 

Edited by visionary
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

The worst thing to come out of this is that somehow if you don't agree with large federal government and central planning for the economy and society than your other option is to be labeled a white supremacist conspiracy theory nut job just because you want to have rational discussions about things. The push to "cancel" Heneicke is just the start. 

It is a sad day. 

Nor should you. I hope they all rot

Did anyone actually try to "cancel" TH?  I'm about as anti-Trump as you can get and it seemed like many just felt like I did - slightly annoyed and then moved on to thinking about next season.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Did anyone actually try to "cancel" TH?  I'm about as anti-Trump as you can get and it seemed like many just felt like I did - slightly annoyed and then moved on to thinking about next season.

Give it time

edit cancel might be the wrong term

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
  • Haha 1

The problem with the Republican/conservative wet dream fantasy of armed revolution is that they have been told for the last 30 years that it is justified more or less merely because they don't agree with who is in office, despite the fact that they were in office as a result of free & fair elections.  They have been constantly been fed poison and nonsense that they are the "true Americans" and anything that goes against the ideology they are being force-fed everyday is un-American and therefore justified to "go to war" against.  Trump and his administration goons just happened to finally be the one to get to the White House that would stoke that fever to the next level and refused to turn the temperature down every single time until forced to....but always seemingly after the fact.

The Proud Boys promised violence at Biden's inauguration months ago, and there was never a "if he cheated" disclaimer, it was just straight up "if Biden wins, prepare for civil war" Don't feed me any lines of BS that law enforcement and the intelligence community was not prepared for something like last Wednesday.  There has to have been some kind of sabotaging of the prep and resources required to quell that kind of rioting.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

You absolutely are, on murican internet anyway 

I was going to leave it alone and mark you down as a lost individual, but that's just not my nature. Why in the world do you think you are free to say whatever you want on the internet? I'm genuinely curious?

• Haha 1

So this is fun.

As to "Cancelling Taylor Heinicke".. look, we see what happens when we let fringe lunatics control things by simply screaming louder than everyone right?

The bottom line is this. The people who "cancel" things are the CEOs. And they cancel things because the thing being screamed about will
A/ lose them money
B/ Not make them enough money, or
c/ they can make more money by cancelling it. (See: Redskins, Washington)

No worries.

~Bang

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I was going to leave it alone and mark you down as a lost individual, but that's just not my nature. Why in the world do you think you are free to say whatever you want on the internet? I'm genuinely curious?

Uh the laws of free speech that we are afforded in speech extends to the written word, whether it is in print form or on an electronic device. 

I'm confused why you don't feel this way. The USA is one of the only countries in the world where there are not laws on speech beyond the fire in a movie theater type examples. 

Are you not aware of this? Not only is speech allowed, speech then is allowed against your stance.

EDIT: Just like an editor of a newspaper can not print something, twitter also can also remove someones ability to publish something. This is not a violation of free speech. You can buy some servers and create your own outlet for your content. Many comedians are doing it right now (Tom Segura etc) 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
  • Haha 2

Just now, XxSpearheadxX said:

Uh the laws of free speech that we are afforded in speech extends to the written word, whether it is in print form or on an electronic device. 

I'm confused why you don't feel this way. The USA is one of the only countries in the world where there are not laws on speech beyond the fire in a movie theater type examples. 

Are you not aware of this? Not only is speech allowed, speech then is allowed against your stance.

I think people are referring to the fact that private entities like ES and Twitter absolutely can restrict your speech.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Feel free to publish it yourself. No one will stop you.
But if you use a platform someone else owns, play by the rules they set down, or they have the legitimate right to remove you.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

DC really needs to be a State to get that level of control that he is wishing for. 

Would statehood change anything that happened at the Capitol?  That would still be a Federal building meaning the Fed has jurisdiction, right?

If you honestly think “the worst thing about this” is twitter enforcing their terms of service, then you cannot be helped.

But I suspect that no one honestly believes that and instead is arguing from a position of extreme bad faith...which is par for the course in the rotten GOP media.

Something something Venezuela...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JSSkinz said:

Jack is openly a Trump supporter and he's still here. Heinicke will be fine as long as his previous tweets were policy not propaganda related.

I'm interested in seeing what is going to occur in society in the next 6 months in regards to this. I agree he will play football. 

People voicing opinions on any manner of previous issues is quickly being grouped into those nutjobs rushing the capitol. We probably will overcome and unify as a country, but I truly believe there is going to be a concerted effort to force people to think and talk a certain way about things that our country hasn't seen since Mcarthyism. 

Mcarthyism was the last great government sponsored mass censorship incident. I hope I'm wrong. 

Trump is such an asshole, his antics delegitimized all kinds of rational opinions and I hate him for it. 

3 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

I think people are referring to the fact that private entities like ES and Twitter absolutely can restrict your speech.

As long as they are within the law to do it, certainly. Were people confused with me not understanding that? 

I cam restrict speech in my house also. 

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Statehood would have allowed DC to defend its streets without federal approval. 

Yeah but I still think DC should be its own entity. There is too much murkiness having "statehood" for the capitol. DC should be different. 

I think Puerto Rico should be a state though.