Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Easy decision:

if you don’t convict Trump you may have to deal with him running again. 
If you do, he’s gone forever, and people will move on or forget. 

in four more years it’ll be easy to drum up the same voters against Harris. Much easier than dealing with a second go of Trump. 

the trump supporters have no where to go. So unless they want to not vote, they’re gonna be stuck with the republicans. 

While I up voted you for the sentiment I'm not so sure those voting are worried about the Presidential Election in 2024 as much as they are concerned about their own race in less than 2 years.  

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

While I up voted you for the sentiment I'm not so sure those voting are worried about the Presidential Election in 2024 as much as they are concerned about their own race in less than 2 years.  

Yeah but I think that subset is smaller than it seems. 

Not to say racism isn’t a big issue with that party as a whole and it’s supporters, cause it clearly is, but to the level of seriously considering race wars? I think that’s a smaller element (though still frighteningly larger than I would consider acceptable )

• Like 1

I'm starting to become less worried about the actual inauguration going badly.  Most of those Trump supporters don't want any kind of conflict.  They stormed the capital because they were basically allowed to. A big portion of those that went up the steps and inside were there to troll.  Don't take that to mean they shouldn't be prosecuted, they should, they made the foolish decision to get caught up in the mob and broke the law.  However, if there had been proper law enforcement to deal with the crowd, how many of them would have really tried to push forward? Likely a fraction of them.   While I think there will be some MAGA crazies showing up to attempt to "disrupt" the inauguration, I am starting to become more worried about once Biden is sworn in.  Once he starts taking legislative and executive action.  The Right-Wing disinformation machine isn't going to suddenly stop doing what they do, and now that the Dems control the WH, Congress, & Senate, I can only imagine what the media has cooked up anytime the Dems push through any legislation at all.  The other night Hannity was talking about how the Biden administration wanted to send people to "re-education camps"  that is how Biden's term is going to begin in the eyes of Fox News pundits.  The poison being spewed to our extended families and social circles isn't going away anytime soon and I am more worried about Biden being in danger during the daily routine more so than big events where the extra security will likely be ready. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

“Distributing Bibles”.

Keep remembering once being in traffic court, waiting for my case.  Watching a defense attorney asking Judge for a continuance or some lawyer thing.  Made some comment about his defendant's breath test being invalid because his client forgot to mention that he'd taken medicine for his cough a half hour prior.  

Judge:  And the empty beer cans in your client's vehicle?  I assume he was collecting them for the Aluminum?  

Lawyer:  That's right, Your Honor.  

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I'm starting to become less worried about the actual inauguration going badly.  Most of those Trump supporters don't want any kind of conflict.  They stormed the capital because they were basically allowed to. A big portion of those that went up the steps and inside were there to troll.  Don't take that to mean they shouldn't be prosecuted, they should, they made the foolish decision to get caught up in the mob and broke the law.  However, if there had been proper law enforcement to deal with the crowd, how many of them would have really tried to push forward? Likely a fraction of them.   While I think there will be some MAGA crazies showing up to attempt to "disrupt" the inauguration, I am starting to become more worried about once Biden is sworn in.  Once he starts taking legislative and executive action.  The Right-Wing disinformation machine isn't going to suddenly stop doing what they do, and now that the Dems control the WH, Congress, & Senate, I can only imagine what the media has cooked up anytime the Dems push through any legislation at all.  The other night Hannity was talking about how the Biden administration wanted to send people to "re-education camps"  that is how Biden's term is going to begin in the eyes of Fox News pundits.  The poison being spewed to our extended families and social circles isn't going away anytime soon and I am more worried about Biden being in danger during the daily routine more so than big events where the extra security will likely be ready. 

It really is amazing how we allow right wing press to spew such lies with no ability of recourse. 

• Like 4

I don’t think I can find 20 minutes to devote to that 

13 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I'm starting to become less worried about the actual inauguration going badly.  Most of those Trump supporters don't want any kind of conflict. 

They certainly aren’t going to intentionally square off with 25k national guardsmen. 

they don’t have the numbers even if they wanted to. And they know that. 

they know they are not in a position to make a move. 

their plan is to continue to recruit and prepare and work the agenda at the margins. And hope one day they get a smarter version of trump that is actually committed to what he says. 

This is the best time to go after them and shut it down. 

• Thanks 1

sorry i tried to get you murdered

The real shame is, no, he's not.  

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

They certainly aren’t going to intentionally square off with 25k national guardsmen. 

they don’t have the numbers even if they wanted to. And they know that. 

they know they are not in a position to make a move. 

their plan is to continue to recruit and prepare and work the agenda at the margins. And hope one day they get a smarter version of trump that is actually committed to what he says. 

In short, the same as any other terrorist organization.  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

I’m not worried about the inauguration anymore or even Biden’s safety afterwards. The Secret Service is pretty good at what they do. Besides, if they succeed in killing Biden, the Black chick takes over. Hell, even a notorious coward likeTя☭mp would probably stop a bullet to prevent that. I have to think Biden is about the safest POTUS ever!😂😂

Being serious, what does worry me is that they’ll just lay low for a few weeks or months and then start in with the McVeigh style stuff or worse.

11 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Pelosi was being polite when she said they had to clean up the terrorist’s “mess”. We all know what she was talking about. When these bungholes are sentenced, it would be awfully nice if one of their punishments is hundreds of hours of community service work...cleaning toilets in homeless shelters.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, China said:

"Crimes the capitol rioters committed" video.  

Appears this is part of a serious of "real lawyer explains actual laws to people" videos, not the comedy routine I expected from the teaser image.  

And I really perked up when he said (paraphrasing) "I know I've said a lot in these videos how so-and-so is never sedition, and the law never fits.  But in this case, the law defines sedition as attempting to take possession of government property, or to interfere with the government carrying out a legal function.  And what do you know, in this one case, that law actually fits."  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1