Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Ron Johnson's fake phone call is busted by a reporter LOL:

7 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I read somewhere that Lindsey Graham had actually made a call asking about how to throw out votes, and that the hearings didn't play that part.  Supposedly despite everything we are hearing during the hearings there is a ton more that is being cut for time, but will be in the report in the end. 

They asked Adam Schiff about Lindsey Graham on one of the cable shows last night and he said that there is so much to cover that they have to make choices about what to air in the public hearings.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Sigh...

And this is the problem ultimately, with guys like Bowers.  They view Trump as having tantrums and being a spoiled baby, but someone they can "control" if you juuuuust have the right people surrounding him to reign in his whims. Why that doesn't work is that Trump will have learned from the first go-around and make sure everyone in those positions of authority won't be people who say no to him next time.  I really just am confused at the idea of presenting evidence that the guy was looking to break several laws in order to upend a free & fair election, but hey, he cut my taxes. 

This is why when all is said and done, I'd be willing to trade some kind of Biden pardon of Trump if it meant barring Trump from ever running for public office again.  Should the guy be in jail? Yeah, probably.  Is it realistic to think it's going to happen? No, not really.  I think not only Trump but the laisse-faire attitude of Trump's willingness to brush Democracy aside and all of his supporters happy about it has taken such a toll on what some of us thought were red lines, that if the guy just simply went away, we'd take it.

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

And this is the problem ultimately, with guys like Bowers.  They view Trump as having tantrums and being a spoiled baby, but someone they can "control" if you juuuuust have the right people surrounding him to reign in his whims. Why that doesn't work is that Trump will have learned from the first go-around and make sure everyone in those positions of authority won't be people who say no to him next time.  I really just am confused at the idea of presenting evidence that the guy was looking to break several laws in order to upend a free & fair election, but hey, he cut my taxes. 

This is why when all is said and done, I'd be willing to trade some kind of Biden pardon of Trump if it meant barring Trump from ever running for public office again.  Should the guy be in jail? Yeah, probably.  Is it realistic to think it's going to happen? No, not really.  I think not only Trump but the laisse-faire attitude of Trump's willingness to brush Democracy aside and all of his supporters happy about it has taken such a toll on what some of us thought were red lines, that if the guy just simply went away, we'd take it.

If they're never punished, and they view a pardon as a get out of jail free card even though there's presumed guilt of felony, it won't stop them. That was the problem with the Nixon pardon. No real punishment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

This is why none of these ****ers are hero’s. They let him get into striking distance of a full coup and still think they can control him. It’s idiotic and greedy. They won’t Lear cause power is all they want. Despite the soft story and the doughy eyes, they literally asked for this ****. Play stupid games something something something. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Llevron said:

This is why none of these ****ers are hero’s. They let him get into striking distance of a full coup and still think they can control him. It’s idiotic and greedy. They won’t Lear cause power is all they want. Despite the soft story and the doughy eyes, they literally asked for this ****. Play stupid games something something something. 

Oh for sure, I view this all as self preservation at this point.  All of these officials have families, reputations, status, wealth, etc etc....and they just want something to go down on the record for those around them to say "see, they did the right thing"

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

21 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Moss passes her mom  a ginger mint and Rudy Giuliani describes it as "passing a USB port like a vial of heroin or cocaine" is just about the most racist thing I've heard all year.  Giuliani is a drunken disgrace.

Trump KNEW they weren't doing anything illegal, yet he publicly accused Moss and her mother, over and over again, of criminal activity.  They need a good lawyer to sue Trump, Giuliani, et.al. out of every penny.

Of all the disgusting things that have occurred regarding and since the November 3rd election, what you described above is probably the most heinous to me personally. Simple, humble citizens being dragged into the national spotlight for hate fodder and their lives endangered because some big turd can't fathom losing his precious power grift. Rudy knee-jerked and saw them as dispensable little pawns and fed them to a madman and his massive legion of orcs, who forced themselves into her GRANDMOTHER's home to make some kind of "citizens' arrest." 

I was sick to my stomach during her testimony and her mother's taped testimony. F these people, honestly.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 2

41 minutes ago, Chachie said:

Of all the disgusting things that have occurred regarding and since the November 3rd election, what you described above is probably the most heinous to me personally. Simple, humble citizens being dragged into the national spotlight for hate fodder and their lives endangered because some big turd can't fathom losing his precious power grift. Rudy knee-jerked and saw them as dispensable little pawns and fed them to a madman and his massive legion of orcs, who forced themselves into her GRANDMOTHER's home to make some kind of "citizens' arrest." 

I was sick to my stomach during her testimony and her mother's taped testimony. F these people, honestly.

lmao… massive legion of orcs.

• Like 1

“Yeah I know the guy attempted a coup and would literally do absolutely anything, no matter how illegal, in order to stay in power if he had the chance. But sure, I’d vote for him again.”

****ing assholes.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5

7 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Allahpundit on the cult:

This is so very disheartening.  I listened to that clown talk about god, his faith and his oath to the constitution, blah, blah, blah... Squeeze a tear even.. but he would turn around tomorrow,  give Trump another crack at it and not give it a second thought!!  We're doomed, people.. Effing doomed.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Jan. 6 probe expands with fresh subpoenas in multiple states

Federal agents investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday dropped subpoenas on people in multiple locations, widening the probe of how political activists supporting President Donald Trump tried to use invalid electors to thwart Joe Biden’s 2020 electoral victory.

Agents conducted court-authorized law enforcement activity Wednesday morning at different locations, FBI officials confirmed to The Washington Post. One was the home of Brad Carver, a Georgia lawyer who allegedly signed a document claiming to be a Trump elector. The other was the Virginia home of Thomas Lane, who worked on the Trump campaign’s efforts in Arizona and New Mexico. The FBI officials did not identify the people associated with those addresses, but public records list each of the locations as the home addresses of the men.

Among those who received a subpoena Wednesday was David Shafer, the chairman of the Georgia Republican Party, who served as a Trump elector in that state, people familiar with the investigation said. Shafer’s lawyer declined to comment.

Separately, at least some of the would-be Trump electors in Michigan received subpoenas, according to a person who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. But it was not immediately clear whether that activity was related to a federal probe or a state-level criminal inquiry.

The precise nature of the information being sought by the Justice Department at the homes of Carver and Lane was not immediately clear.

Officials have previously said that the Justice Department and the FBI were examining the issue of false electors, whom Trump and others hoped might be approved by state legislators in a last-ditch bid to keep Trump in the White House. Until now, however, those investigative efforts seemed to primarily involve talking to people in Republican circles who knew of the scheme and objected; the subpoenas issued Wednesday suggest the Justice Department is now moving to question at least some of those who allegedly agreed to pursue the effort.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

Jan. 6 panel revises hearing schedule, citing new evidence

Rep. Bennie Thompson, chair of the Jan. 6 select committee, said Wednesday that significant new streams of evidence have necessitated a change to the panel’s hearing schedule, including the potential for additional hearings.

After the committee’s Thursday hearing — which will focus on former President Donald Trump’s effort to deploy the Justice Department to help overturn the 2020 presidential election — House investigators will resume hearings in July, Thompson said.

Thompson (D-Miss.) cited newly received footage from documentarian Alex Holder, who had access to Trump and his family before and after Jan. 6; new documents from the National Archives; and a flood of new tips received during the committee’s first four public hearings.

Although panel leaders have only teased the possibility of two public hearings beyond Thursday’s, Thompson said they may add one or more hearings, depending on the evidence it collects in the coming weeks.

• Thumb up 1

The 

10 hours ago, China said:

Jan. 6 panel revises hearing schedule, citing new evidence

Rep. Bennie Thompson, chair of the Jan. 6 select committee, said Wednesday that significant new streams of evidence have necessitated a change to the panel’s hearing schedule, including the potential for additional hearings.

After the committee’s Thursday hearing — which will focus on former President Donald Trump’s effort to deploy the Justice Department to help overturn the 2020 presidential election — House investigators will resume hearings in July, Thompson said.

Thompson (D-Miss.) cited newly received footage from documentarian Alex Holder, who had access to Trump and his family before and after Jan. 6; new documents from the National Archives; and a flood of new tips received during the committee’s first four public hearings.

Although panel leaders have only teased the possibility of two public hearings beyond Thursday’s, Thompson said they may add one or more hearings, depending on the evidence it collects in the coming weeks.

Part of the new evidence is footage from documentary filmmaker Alex Holder. He was invited - by Jared Kushner - to film the last days of the Trump administration as a sort of legacy project for Trump. 

Wouldn't it be great if that footage is for Trump what the Nixon tapes were for Nixon - the ultimate source of his downfall. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

18 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I hope that we get a perp walk montage 

Clear indication that our institutional immune system is doing its job.

I can't be the only one that was losing patience on the Jan 6th committee prior to the hearings and concerned they wouldn't get done by midterms and risk GOP tabling everything if they took power.

But the bigger message and plan here is to scare off anyone helping overturn a presidential election, no matter who the candidate is, with actual consequences in mass.

They might not get Trump, they also might not need to in time for 2024.  After that, really up to folks in government to try to plug as many loopholes Trump found as we can.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

48 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They might not get Trump, they also might not need to in time for 2024.  After that, really up to folks in government to try to plug as many loopholes Trump found as we can.

I don’t expect them (DOJ) to be brave enough to arrest a president or even point the blame to him in any definitive way. Basically the muller report on steroids. Stop just short of saying it. 

But even with just the people who enabled him. The ones who did take steps to help and said yes to him….if we just get those guys and make them really pay that should be enough to stop it from happening again. He can’t do it by himself. 

I hope so, anyway.