Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Will these hearings have any impact on the public? I’m having a hard time being convinced that they will.  It’s hard for me to believe that people don’t have an understanding of the basic facts of what happened by now.  Will there be anything shared that will change the mind of someone who thinks the J6 committee is political theatre to “oh, that was bad and people should be held accountable.”

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lol. JDR called J6 a “dust-up”. What a moron 

Like he said, he’ just asking questions. Lol.

Ron should have fired him in the offseason after his atrocious season.  Then he’d have plenty of time to wait for jfk jr in Dallas.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Like he said, he’ just asking questions. Lol.

Ron should have fired him in the offseason after his atrocious season.  Then he’d have plenty of time to wait for jfk jr in Dallas.

Hes such a ****ing idiot lol. You can tell he knew he was ****ing up about midway through the answer cause he started to pivot to le old 'I love this country and everyone here cause im allowed to have my opinion' routine. 

• Thumb down 2

The destruction of property during the Floyd riots was inexcusable, but sadly had almost come to be expected in such instances. I say this based on the reaction to the acquittal of the officers involved in the Rodney King incident, and going back further to 1968. I'm sure I'm missing other examples.

January 6th? At what time have you had the US Capitol penetrated by some members of a crowd that was there in protest of what they saw was an illegitimate election of a president, at the time when the certification of the election was underway?

If JDR can't tell the difference, I just don't know what to say.

Edit: Just saw JDR has expressed regret for his comments.

Edited by hail2skins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

54 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Just guide us to having a top 10 defense and I won't give a ****.

Guys on the radio here were talking about it & said we do...said we probably have the best d-line in the NFC (I don't know about all that)...but they were pretty critical of JDR's opinions and wondered if he'd even spoken to any of the black players on the team, ever, because to have said that was so incredibly "tone-deaf".  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ball Security said:

Will these hearings have any impact on the public? I’m having a hard time being convinced that they will.  It’s hard for me to believe that people don’t have an understanding of the basic facts of what happened by now.  Will there be anything shared that will change the mind of someone who thinks the J6 committee is political theatre to “oh, that was bad and people should be held accountable.”

None.  It will make for some interesting tv and a nice big report in the fall. That’s it.

That weak ass Garland isn’t going to do anything of consequence.

There should be an independent counsel investigating this but that won’t happen.

Hell, it probably helps those maga politicians.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

I don't like this thread, but I wanted to comment on the JDR stuff. I really hate that he feels the way he does, but this "gotcha" stuff is getting on my nerves. Of course he believes what he believes and of course he's going to defend it. He doesn't see BLM in the same way a lot of other people do. In the same light though, a lot of Black America doesn't see BLM in the same positive light that the media does. Heck, a lot of Black America doesn't see Colin Kaepernick in this same Holy light that the media sees him in. Its not even about it being a complicated subject on the stance of race and stuff. But it is about a situation of power. A lot of people asked what a knee is going to do to stop me from getting shot. Yeah it brings light to the issue but so do a lot of things, but they don't stop bullets. 

What I hope is that JDR and Fuller or whoever else is in that locker room are having talks. I wouldn't expect them to agree but I would hope they can have a conversation about it in a way that JDR and the media at a press conference can't. The whole way that is set up is for them to ask him one (max 2) questions and go to the next guy, so its not a conversation. Sometimes one reporter will piggy back off the previous question but its not a conversation. Even if JDR were to come on the radio with Brian Mitchell, it wouldn't be a conversation because it would be driven by ratings so there's only so much you can say before people tune you out. I'm not saying its good for JDR to have Fox News views, but he realizes that he'll become a villain for speaking his thoughts. 

One last thing and I'm done. And its that JDR is far from the only guy that feels that way. I'm not even talking about Snyder. I'm not even talking about the Trump supporters. I'm talking about so many people in the super liberal DC area who talk about these things like BLM but then ignore Wards 7 and 8 in DC because there's "too much crime" or because Ward 4 needs the money or whatever reason that they go and talk the talk but don't walk the walk. At least with JDR I know where he stands so If I'm drowning I know he's not going to lend me a hand. That's not my concern as much as the person who would rather let me drown than having me mess up their expensive boat or whatever the new excuse is for not funding inner city recreation centers and after school programs and schools in general. 

• Confused 1

I doubt very seriously anyone with JDRs talking points is open to having actual discussion with anyone whose views contradict his own. 

There is, unfortunately for some, truth in the matter. And the truth is that what happened in the Capital was wayyy more than a dust up and not comparable to the riots we saw. A group tried to overthrow our government. And people lied to them about the legitimacy of a presidential election with zero evidence in order to get them to do it. You CANNOT objectively look at the facts here and come to any other conclusion. Which means he is not open to conversation. It’s not that he doesn’t know. It’s that he doesn’t want to. And that’s fine. But to pretend he’s open to conversation is bull****. And to pretend his brand of open bull**** is any better than anyone (atleast I know where he stands) else’s is dishonest at best. 

If you root for the bad guys cause they have clear mental issues then fine. But don’t try and make it because you have some higher principles than the rest of us. You just sympathize with ****ing idiots and bad guys. That’s your business. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I wish I felt that way Spiff.

The George Floyd response has me feeling some kind of way...

I hadn’t seen his George Floyd comments. That’s terrible. 

I will try to look on the bright side and hope that some of his players can get through to him. But that’s awful. 

• Thanks 1

It's amazing that Del Rio, who touts D'Souza's movie, apparently consumed a side of media during Trumps presidency that led him insulated to the notion that Trump had a decent chance of losing the election.

And I say this as someone who thought he was going to win reelection until the bitter end. But even before covid, I thought his electoral margin would be no better than in 2016, and probably less.

But apparently that required paying attention to how much of a jackass he was during his presidency, a timeframe that was considerably longer than the duration of his successful 2016 people. He wore on people. For Del Rio and people of his mindset to not even recognize that is pure denial.

JDR talking about “double standards” is hilarious. The real double standard is if the “other side” had stormed the Capitol, these idiots would have all supported the Capitol Police unloading their entire arsenal on the rioters and supported public executions of any politicians believed to have supported such a thing.

It’s infuriating seeing half or more of the American people see that event as a “dust up” or less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 2

I’m in Detroit for work this week and the sports radio stations have been all over the jack del rio story today. Their conclusion was that Ron Rivera basically gave JDR the “Cease and Desist / STFU” and that’s why he issued the apology.

frankly I’m impressed. Ron Rivera controls that clubhouse and that’s a goood thing

As for JDRs comments, they are comically stupid. Thousands of people got arrested for the summer of 2020 on the spot, while we’re still questioning, “what did they really mean?” when a bunch of hillbillies tried to infiltrate a joint session of Congress to certify the results of a presidential election while chanting “HANG MIKE PENCE!”

Edited by balki1867
  • Thanks 2