What do you think will happen?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen?

• Impeachment but not conviction
    • Impeachment and conviction 👀
    • Impeachment fails
    • Impeachment is never brought up

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/20/2021 at 05:00 PM

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump will get impeached again but that’s all that will happen. He will not be convicted and I don’t think they will be able to get 50 to bar him from future office. I think you will see one Dem vote no.

Maybe they vote on removing his post presidency perks.

I'm thinking Romney is a guaranteed yay vote.

Just now, Dan T. said:

I think his call to Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger is referenced.

Good. Because his speech last Wednesday was worse than normal in part because of the actions of the crowd. The worst of whom came well prepared in advance (again influenced by Trump). Media and others could have been murdered at or after his rallies because of his prior provocation.

But his election meddling is clear cut to me.

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

Nope. I'm 3 beers in. 

Bottoms up! :cheers:

So I've missed most of this...has anyone made the argument that if republicans don't vote to impeach then they are saying that Biden can just stir up an antifa-BLM mob to attack the capitol whenever he wants (not saying he would...just making a sane argument)?

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Republican argument seems to be crimes don’t matter if a politicians time is nearly up. 

Well that's a refreshing improvement...the last impeachment their argument seemed to just be  "crimes don't matter".  Baby steps I guess.

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Republican argument seems to be crimes don’t matter if a politicians time is nearly up. 

Kind of like Supreme Court nominations.  

Oh, wait.  Those absolutely do count.  Now.  

------

I'm having this fantasy, now.  

"Madame Speaker, I'd like to propose that we pause this debate long enough for this body to create the Congressional Medal of Chutzpah.  And nominate for this aware every single member of this body who has:  

1)  Spent the last month intentionally forwarding the lie that the recent Presidential election was invalid.  A lie intentionally created for the purpose of inspiring the mob which we saw.  

2)  Has spent the last month intentionally refusing to acknowledge the fact that this is a lie.  

3)  And who, hours after this chamber was assaulted by a mob of people who were inspired by that lie, voted to use the power of their office to falsely support the notion that this is anything other than a lie.  

4)  And then has the monumental chutzpah to stand on this floor today and call for other people  to stop dividing our nation and to promote national healing.  

28 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Does anyone think the articles of impeachment should also have included his calls to Georgia and Pence to overturn the election?

Link to the final draft of the single Article of Impeachment at this Tweet.  Reference to his phone call to Georgia is at the top of page 4.

34 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump will get impeached again but that’s all that will happen. He will not be convicted and I don’t think they will be able to get 50 to bar him from future office. I think you will see one Dem vote no.

Maybe they vote on removing his post presidency perks.

I thought we needed two thirds for a conviction? 50 is easy. You can count on Romney and Cheney, and anyone else in the GOP considering retirement.

22 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Absolutely anything to escape any kind of accountability. The Capitol damn near burns down and these gutless traitors still don't have the courage to do anything about it.

These people are ****ing scum.

Archived