Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biden/Harris Legislative/Policy Discussions - Now with a Republican House starting 2023

goskins10

I would like to know how a trans female running track vs girls in the girls league is fair to the girls in that league...what are the arguments for and against this, because it seems to me we are suppressing females by allowing this, I haven't heard too many stories about a trans man going and dominating male sports....but have vice versa

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I would like to know how a trans female running track vs girls in the girls league is fair to the girls in that league...what are the arguments for and against this, because it seems to me we are suppressing females by allowing this, I haven't heard too many stories about a trans man going and dominating male sports....but have vice versa

Is this a rampant problem or are we talking about less than a handful of cases?

And, as an aside, where do I get to **** about the pituitary freaks in HS who dominated basketball and other sports when 5'9" 135lb me had no chance? 😁

Edited by The Evil Genius

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Is this a rampant problem are we talking about less than a handful of cases. And, as an aside, where do I get to **** about the pituitary freaks in HS who dominated basketball and other sports when 5'9" 135lb me had no chance? 😁

There isn't going to be an abundance of cases how much of the population is actually "trans"? Unfortunately I can't help you with the second part of your statement :( my genetics were the opposite so I feel your pain im 6 4 and 165....no power for basketball.

Edited by CjSuAvE22

Ugh, lost everything I’d typed out to respond to @BatteredFanSyndrome and @TD_washingtonredskins (after starting a different response on my phone)...

Short version, sometimes we go overboard in jumping on people, yes.  Negativity and snap judgements have become the norm to some degree.  I will say that a lot of that is a byproduct of communicating on the internet though - we have to be clearer and more careful with our words because of it.  

TD - was not mocking you, if anything I was mocking LSF’s concerns about sporting equity (and I’m a bit ashamed about it, TBH).  I was laughing at the nature of the Tailgate though (and I’m a part of that!).  I mean, it’s funny that since getting rid of Trump - the biggest danger to our country in decades - transgender people has suddenly become the hot topic.  Also, I did respond about the topic itself at the end of my previous post just in case you hadn’t noticed.

I will say that when your first post about legislative policy is about the potential for some gaining an advantage from a perceived loophole regarding this issue (and doesn’t mention how important it was to address trans suffering and equality) it comes across a little nitpicky.  Like you’re looking for something to find fault with.  Maybe a little like decrying Twitter’s ban of Trump when he had just essentially incited an insurrection... it comes across as you having an underlying motive, if that makes sense.  If that topic had started with something like “I don’t blame Twitter for banning Trump, but I wonder about the power the tech giants wield...”, perhaps you would have gotten different responses.  In fact, I started to respond to that subject in an effort to get people to back off you a bit and focus on the issue.

Put another way, if I agree with 99% of something someone says, but my response is “I disagree with x”, it’s going to be received far differently than if I started with “I agree with 99% of what you said, but...”.  I’m not trying to dictate how you communicate on this board, I can just see why things haven’t been received quite how you (perhaps) expected... and I don’t think it’s a matter of people having an unwillingness to hear differing viewpoints.  I’ve seen tons of healthy debate on here, and contrary to some opinions, we have a wide swath of people who believe different things - conservatives, independents, moderates, liberals, and serious progressives.

One last example, I can say “I respect how McConnell treated Biden leading up to and including during the Inauguration”... and I’d expect people to jump on me (even if they agreed!).  If I said the above and followed it with, “he’s still a POS for consistently put party over country”, I think I’d get a far different response.

• Like 1

Here's a Biden policy I'm strongly against ... changing 'alien' to 'non-resident'. :ols:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/21/politics/alien-biden-immigration-law/index.html

In middle-school civic discussions my kids loved telling the teacher and classmates that they were a 'non-resident alien' (i.e. Dad is here on an employment visa) and later a 'resident alien' (i.e. family are now Green Card holders), before they got the boring label 'citizen'.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

I would like to know how a trans female running track vs girls in the girls league is fair to the girls in that league.

I don't think it is unless hormone therapy is involved, which I am not in favor of before adulthood. I don't know what the right answer is here. Possibly separate competition based on T-levels.

In elite sports there is a related issue of intersex athletes like Semenya and several others who dominated Women's 800m a few years back. 

This two articles I linked talked about MTF trans relative advantages in different sports.

And it is not the same as a short kid being disadvantaged in basketball.

Edited by Corcaigh

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

My apologies then. I have never heard terf being labeled a slur.

Acronym yes, slur no. Edit..does this mean homophobe is a slur too? 😕

I'd be curious if you (and really anyone else) have the same position on females who want to/or do transition male. 

I'll answer your last comment first. I find it sad that rich males mostly got on the trans train when in the early 80s it was mostly males who had hormones and surgery to render them transsexual. Below is an article by Jennifer Bilek writing about the billionaires behind the trans movement. 

https://www.firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2020/01/the-billionaires-behind-the-lgbt-movement

Here's a blog about how the trans movement, lots of articles here.

https://www.the11thhourblog.com

Here's a link to a video of Jennifer explaining transhumanism and autogynephilia, which is a sexual fetish of men imagining themselves as women to get off.  It's a long video because it's a very involved conversation with her and an interviewer discussing this topic, which is eye opening. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9kQ_o0G7D38&feature=share

Homophobe is used to vilify same sex attraction. For example, if a woman or man who is same sex oriented turns down a trans person of the opposite sex, the homosexual is labeled a homophobe even though they aren't opposite sex oriented. Which is just ridiculous.

Thank you for your apologies. We don't call ourselves TERF, which is a slur for Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist, basically because we don't want to have sex with born males who likely still have their male sex organs. That's not same sex oriented. So we got labeled something that's crept into our language to the point that you didn't know the history of the usage of that term. 

• Thanks 1

My fear now is the Dem Senate Leadership and Admin fall for the shell game McConnell is trying to pull on them. They must assume they have 2 years to do as much as possible. 

Don't care how angry the FNC trolls get. Pass (push through) everything you want. Statehood for DC and PR? Get on it. Full size COVID relief. Do it. Cut taxes on the middle and lower class while raising it for those who need it least? OK then. 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

My fear now is the Dem Senate Leadership and Admin fall for the shell game McConnell is trying to pull on them. They must assume they have 2 years to do as much as possible. 

Don't care how angry the FNC trolls get. Pass (push through) everything you want. Statehood for DC and PR? Get on it. Full size COVID relief. Do it. Cut taxes on the middle and lower class while raising it for those who need it least? OK then. 

i agree but they can’t and they won’t. Dems know how to wield power. They’re going to end up giving McConnell committee chairs because of the 50/50 split and never abolish the filibuster. 

They don’t even have the votes to get rid of the filibuster anyway so it’s going to be difficult to pass much of anything. 

Use the Senate inaction as a hammer.  GOP doesn't care about immigration reform, tax cuts (reconciliation will work), COVID. 

It is nuts that 10 GOP Senator's won't work with Dems on immigration.  

GOP is not interested in fixing the country.   People begging to end filibuster are nuts.  The problem is GOP, not Senate rules.  

Make the GOP explain why they won't compromise.  

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Use the Senate inaction as a hammer.  GOP doesn't care about immigration reform, tax cuts (reconciliation will work), COVID. 

It is nuts that 10 GOP Senator's won't work with Dems on immigration.  

GOP is not interested in fixing the country.   People begging to end filibuster are nuts.  The problem is GOP, not Senate rules.  

Make the GOP explain why they won't compromise.  

"We're fighting the deficit."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

i agree but they can’t and they won’t. Dems don’t know how to wield power. They’re going to end up giving McConnell committee chairs because of the 50/50 split and never abolish the filibuster. 

They don’t even have the votes to get rid of the filibuster anyway so it’s going to be difficult to pass much of anything. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

33 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i agree but they can’t and they won’t. Dems know how to wield power. They’re going to end up giving McConnell committee chairs because of the 50/50 split and never abolish the filibuster. 

The Democrats don't have to go through committee. Schumer can bring bills directly to the floor and make Republicans vote. This per Sen. Whitehorse (D RI) on Chris Hayes show tonight. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

The Democrats don't have to go through committee. Schumer can bring bills directly to the floor and make Republicans vote. This per Sen. Whitehorse (D RI) on Chris Hayes show tonight. 

right but they shouldn’t have those chairs at all. McConnell is kinda holding things hostage right now. 

I don’t see them getting much done sadly 

3 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

right but they shouldn’t have those chairs at all. McConnell is kinda holding things hostage right now. 

We may need to get some GOP senators indicted or out of the Senate to get things going.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Dems will just come out, once again, with the truth...MCCONNELL IS HOLDING UP THE STUFF THAT WILL HELP YOU.

The right people saying it goes a long way.  (cough) Elizabeth Warren...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, visionary said:

told you. Republicans aren’t going to play ball and pass anything that will actually help people or make Biden look good under any circumstances. 

their only option is ending the filibuster but they are too chicken **** for that. Even if they wanted to do that, Feinstein and Manchin and Sinema wouldn’t vote for it anyway. 

Just fast-forward the state of this admin to 2014 when Obama lost the Senate bc at just a VP vote majority that’s essentially where we are at now anyway. This admin is already toast legislatively 

• Like 1

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

Dems will just come out, once again, with the truth...MCCONNELL IS HOLDING UP THE STUFF THAT WILL HELP YOU.

The right people saying it goes a long way.  (cough) Elizabeth Warren...

Yup, I would be blunt with press conferences explaining who is guilty of holding things up and explain in full detail how it could've helped people who are currently struggling. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

told you. Republicans aren’t going to play ball and pass anything that will actually help people or make Biden look good under any circumstances. 

If this is how it's going to be, it may be good to see it so soon so we can adjust accordingly.  

Edited by visionary
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2