Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

On 1/7/2022 at 4:14 PM, dunfer said:

the annual, 12 month long QB competition adds new competitors! Hurrah!

You know, I've been a fan since 1972 and we've really only had QB comfort for a handful of seasons:

Billy Kilmer/Sonny Jurgensen: I need someone just a tad older than me to tell me what happened here. Kilmer looked like he was throwing a shoe box. Sonny is a HOFer. I suppose George Allen had something to do with this in addition to Sonny getting old?

Theismann: franchise QB who took us to 2 Super Bowls and many playoff games. Not a great QB but had some great seasons and was a great leader.

Rypien: Ryp was on the hot seat before winning the Super Bowl and that's a fact. He was very good in Gibbs system but he wasn't a long term, franchise type guy.

Brad Johnson: Not much to say here, he was solid but nothing to waste money and buy his jersey for.

Donovan McNabb: Sorry, we'll move on but he was supposed to be the answer when we dealt for his sorry ass.

RGlll: The ultimate tease. I was so excited to have him that it was definitely too good to be true.

Cousins: Kurt Cousins had his moments and could've been "the guy" but couldn't win the big game...still can't in Minnesota. 

Alex Smith: We all know his story....incredible courage but we couldn't protect him. 

I'll be 55 next September and would kill for a 10 year QB along the lines of Ben, Favre, Manning, McNabb, Rodgers, Aikman, etc....not sure I'll ever see one in DC. 

I would personally bring in Trubisky and hire the best QB coach on the planet to coach him up. He had to learn something playing behind Allen in Buffalo. 

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I would personally bring in Trubisky and hire the best QB coach on the planet to coach him up. He had to learn something playing behind Allen in Buffalo. 

Trubisky is 27 years old and a 5 year NFL veteran. If he needs "coaching up" like a rookie at this point then that in itself should be a red flag. Pass unless we bring him in for cheap and also draft a QB in the first round.

• Like 3

ODU alum and I love Heinicke. This was effectively his rookie season, and I think the kid did a fantastic job. He has obvious limitations (physical, not cerebral or anything related to toughness), and just watching his development in this short time span has been really encouraging. It will be interesting to see him continue developing. We still need our QB1, though.

4 hours ago, skinzplay said:

ODU alum and I love Heinicke. This was effectively his rookie season, and I think the kid did a fantastic job. He has obvious limitations (physical, not cerebral or anything related to toughness), and just watching his development in this short time span has been really encouraging. It will be interesting to see him continue developing. We still need our QB1, though.

He is Chris Weinke?

He has been on professional teams every year since graduating

One big thing he did do this season was he stayed fairly healthy throughout 

1 hour ago, Zim489 said:

I don’t know how anyone can say Taylor is a rookie. By the comparisons of starting games Chase Daniel is still a rookie 

He said Taylor "was" a rookie this season...not "is" a rookie now...by comparisons of games started, it would have been like saying Chase Daniel was still a rookie--in 2014.

2 hours ago, DWinzit said:

He is Chris Weinke?

He has been on professional teams every year since graduating

One big thing he did do this season was he stayed fairly healthy throughout 

I meant in terms of starting, taking reps and actually leading an offense. Running the practice squad or the opposing teams' offenses during the week ain't really the same thing. Getting the dedicated attention from the QB coach/O Coordinator means a lot, and he finally got that (order of coaches intentional; we'd be better off with Zampese as OC).

• Like 2

Big thanks to TH, not the long term answer but a much better season then most here want to admit. Team ravished with injury and COVID and and you hung in there and went 7-9.

Bad news for some TH will be starting next year game 1. Probably with our 3rd place schedule and without the injuries will win enough to keep the job. There is no rookie that will beat him out and I dont see Rodgers or Wilson coming here.

Edited by TChaler70
  • Haha 3

I said it in the gameday thread, I'll say it again here. Heinicke is a great dude. He gave us thrilling moments, he always played with his heart 100% in the game. Every play, you knew he was trying to do the most he could.

I hope I never see Heinicke take the field again, and I hope he isn't a backup on this team. I have never seen such a whirlwind around such a mediocre QB, and I don't want there to be another season of gutting it out when he can't hit a receiver 30 yards down the field in stride.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

Big thanks to TH, not the long term answer but a much better season then most here want to admit. Team ravished with injury and COVID and and you hung in there and went 7-9.

Bad news for some TH will be starting next year game 1. Probably with our 3rd place schedule and without the injuries will win enough to keep the job. There is no rookie that will beat him out and I dont see Rodgers or Wilson coming here.

Your posting history is recorded, dude.

I remember when you showed up out the blue on some ho-hum, I’m not really into football, but I’m just so captivated by the story of Taylor Heineke, that I’m becoming a fan of the team, and I’m going to take my family to a game and on and on and on.

Now all the sudden you are a football savant Heineke truther.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Haha 2

Okay, Heineke belongs in the league and would be a great back up. That said, Heineke is not special and didn’t do anything a QB looking to hang around in the league wouldn’t do. The “scrappy good hearted dude” narrative is way overdone for a guy who tried to score a beer sponsorship and sold shirts selling his own mythology. I do think he might have had a better season if our line had stayed consistently healthy, but that’s not something on which any QB can rely.

Edited by D’Pablo
  • Like 1

I'll admit I wanted to bench him during losing streak, thought he could be a bridge QB during the win streak, then never wanted to see him again after watching him throw up against Dallas not once but twice.  Its all on record here, not hiding anything, judge me accordingly if you want, I do not care.

Its been a whirlwind season for sure, but im done, the Dallas loses broke my support for Taylor, there's nothing he can do between here and the draft to change my mind.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Lol Heinicke wouldn't be a back up anywhere else, because of him our offense was completely watered down to play to his few strengths. the 4 game win streak was fun I guess but we really need a qb not on this roster. 

When you don't have a TE or Samuel or McKissic you have to water down as you say. Some of you sure like to live in denial that he can actually be good enough to still be on the roster next year. 

4 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Lol Heinicke wouldn't be a back up anywhere else, 

Maybe but there are a lot of backups who are worse than Heinicke. Mason Rudolph, Nick Mullens, Geno Smith, PJ Walker, Brandon Allen, AJ McCarren, and oh so many more. Most backups can run scout teams n that's about it. Majority are just stealing money.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zskins said:

When you don't have a TE or Samuel or McKissic you have to water down as you say. Some of you sure like to live in denial that he can actually be good enough to still be on the roster next year. 

We can make all kinds of excuses....the reality is hes lucky he didn't throw for over 20 ints this year lots were dropped. At 28 hes not even project anymore hes too old to fix mechanics gain power in his throws etc, Id rather go with two qbs under 25 we have seen what Heinicke can do and its hardly consistent good play. We can find a backup just as good as Heinicke thats younger and have potential to become a starter. 

I think the moment beat Hienike up. He knew this was his last game to make his case and he wanted to hit every ball out of the ball park. He put too much on his shoulders and choked.He’s better than he showed today. 

I still believe he’s a low end starter and a high end back up. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1