Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

I’ve never seen so much goodwill projection provided to a player here maybe ever.

It’s mostly the fault of everyone around him and if it isn’t, he’s simply trying too hard and that’s why he had a bad game.

I might understand this if we were dealing with a 1st or 2nd year player with pro attributes or pedigree.  But we are talking about a short, weak armed guy from ODU who floats passes on the reg that damn near get our guys killed, throws about as many picks as touchdowns, takes sacks instead of throwing it away, that went undrafted and was couch surfing a year ago.

I mean good lord, it was a cool story while it lasted.  Kudos to him, guy set himself up for life by playing with balls when it mattered the most in the playoff game last year.  He has some great memories to be very fond of and carved himself a career he didn’t think he had.  That is truly awesome, but spare me the excuses about how it could be more than that.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

When you can count on one hand how many times thats happened in a 17 game season then there you go. Its a big problem we are lucky Mclaurin hasn't been severely hurt this season.

Ok ....

Wasn't talking to you, but, ... thanks for playing?

:bye:

:229:The Rook

17 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Any timetable on when this thread is going to be put to bed with the season now over?  

Its offseason now, so this thread won't have much competition to knock it off front page.

I predict middle of next season, once new guy proves they have the starting job wrapped up and it becomes obvious Taylor leaves in FA to try to start elsewhere. 

Edited by Renegade7

I still don't get what harm is there if he is here next year as a backup at least. Why are some getting butthurt about him even being here next year. 

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Its offseason now, so this thread won't have much competition to knock it off front page.

I predict middle of next season, once new guy proves they have the starting job wrapped up and it becomes obvious Taylor leaves in FA to start elsewhere. 

Oh so you think he is a starter but not just for WFT. Interesting take here. 

By the way, he is signed through 2022. 

9 minutes ago, zskins said:

Oh so you think he is a starter but not just for WFT. Interesting take here. 

By the way, he is signed through 2022. 

No, I think he'll leave because he can't start here, not that he actually does start elsewhere.

And the context of my post is when the thread will fall off the front page, I said next year, which is when his deal expires.

Edited my post you quoted to help remove confusion, good catch.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I predict middle of next season, once new guy proves they have the starting job wrapped up and it becomes obvious Taylor leaves in FA to start elsewhere. 

He is under contract for one more more season and no one will offer him more then the wft does

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

? you are posting on a public forum this isn't some kind of direct message service is it?

Ok.

He made a direct "never" statement, which I BOLDED and pointed out his faux pas, considering it that it happened during the game.  You came back with an inappropriate "yeah, but" statement.  

I retorted, and you come back with a yappy dog, nipping at my heels statement.  I get it, you are NOT impressed with TH's ability to toss 30 yard passes.

So ... you win???? Satisfied???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

He is under contract for one more more season and no one will offer him more then the wft does

The context of the post is concerning next year, which is when his deal expires.

And this is a QB hungry league, we don't know what folks will offer, or that we will offer him anything based on how much he wants.

2 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

So everyone saying th sucks is the worst starter in the league 

here are current ESPN qb rankings by quaterback ratings for the season 

Taylor is 23rd.

23rd is nothing to brag about at all.

You know what else is a good story? Cinderella. 

But she eventually fit the shoe and lived happily ever after, Taylor will never fit the shoe, he'll never be what we need from a starting QB in this league today.

We all need to be on the same page about that, the debate is now 2nd string or out the league in the next year or two, not franchise QB or someone you can win a playoff game with, let alone a super bowl.

5 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

So everyone saying th sucks is the worst starter in the league 

here are current ESPN qb rankings by quaterback ratings for the season 

Taylor is 23rd.

Have you looked at the guys below him? 4 are rookies so they generally get a bit of a mulligan their first season. Then you have Big Ben who's 80 years old and should have retired 2 years ago. You have Darnold who's trash and always been trash and has absolutely no place in the NFL. Then there's Mayfield and Goff. Mayfield has been injured a fair amount but he's such a seemingly streaky player it's hard to say. Goff is...well...just Goff. Meh.

I'm not saying TH has no place in the league or even on the WFT, but he just doesn't have the talent to be a full time NFL starter. (Most) fans know it. The FO knows it. The coaches know it. Dog and cats know it.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

So they just said Stafford almost had 5 INTs in one half. But when TH has that he sucks. Just an observation on some of the posters here on how they magnify everything TH does. Nothing more or less. 

You are killing me, man, Stafford has such a stronger resume to absorb that kinda game then Taylor does. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You are killing me, man, Stafford has such a stronger resume to absorb that kinda game then Taylor does. 

You're banging your head against a brick wall, man.

These are the same peeps who earlier in the season would post some stats showing that Heinicke had a better QBR over a certain stretch than Mahomes and then say "I mean...I'm not comparing him to Mahomes or anything...but, I'm just saying! I'm just saying!" when they clearly were trying to make some sort of assertion of how good they thought Heinicke was vs a true elite NFL QB.

It's sad but unfortunately I have a feeling this insanity won't end until TH is no longer on the team. So we'll most likely have to deal with it on and off for the next year.

• Like 3

Is it really that hard to just admit perhaps some of you got a bit carried away with the underdog narrative? And after absorbing an entire season can now realize that you made him out to be better in your head than he ever really was in real life?

It’s much more reasonable than the endless excuses, ridiculous comparisons, and just continuing to ride this dead horse.

I can understand the fandom clouding your judgment but at this point it just feels like trolling to not waiver in your stance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Jus one dog and not the rest of them?  I can understand the entire cat population being skeptical, thats what they do, but id like to talk to this one dog to understand their reasoning.

Sorry, that was my bad. I meant the character Dog from Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

x1080

This is clearly a man who knows that Taylor Heinicke isn't a starting QB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think I’ll view Taylor Heineke generally favorably in retrospect. He was an underdog and I love a good underdog story. Ultimately, he wasn’t the savior that we all hoped he’d be but damn if he didn’t try his ass off. Respect to him.

I still view ‘him’ favorably.  He’s outplayed the expectations. It’s the delusional fan club that wierds me out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Is it really that hard to just admit perhaps some of you got a bit carried away with the underdog narrative? And after absorbing an entire season can now realize that you made him out to be better in your head than he ever really was in real life?

It’s much more reasonable than the endless excuses, ridiculous comparisons, and just continuing to ride this dead horse.

I can understand the fandom clouding your judgment but at this point it just feels like trolling to not waiver in your stance.

This is one of the issues with the underdog QBs that people really love and who are genuinely good stories, but who are usually just not good enough at the end of the day.

Some people latch on to these guys and convince themselves early on that this QB can be the savior. We saw it with the Cult of Colt too. Then they're emotionally invested in that player and when that happens it's mostly downhill, because good luck fighting the limbic system with logic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I still view ‘him’ favorably.  He’s outplayed the expectations. It’s the delusional fan club that wierds me out.

To be fair, it is the delusional fan club syndrome that keeps all of us posting here.;):806:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I have done very little posting in the stadium this season, so I didn’t really experience that. Since it seems like his run is likely over, I figured I’d throw my two cents in.