Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

2 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

We can make all kinds of excuses....the reality is hes lucky he didn't throw for over 20 ints this year lots were dropped. At 28 hes not even project anymore hes too old to fix mechanics gain power in his throws etc, Id rather go with two qbs under 25 we have seen what Heinicke can do and its hardly consistent good play. We can find a backup just as good as Heinicke thats younger and have potential to become a starter. 

Where are you finding this younger QB? in the draft? On someone's practice squad? 

I will say I appreciate thet Heinicke could at least run the offense and allowed us to evaluate guys. And he did lead, what, four 4th quarter game winning drives? We squeezed every bit of juice we possibly could out of him. Bring him back as a backup and lets get a real gun back there.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

We can make all kinds of excuses....

You are the one with excuses since you obviously don't like to live in reality. 

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I’d rather have Kyle Allen as a backup.  You have to have an NFL arm.  The blueprint is out on Heineke.  He can’t throw deep or hit outs.

Haskins had a great arm too. A great arm doesn't make a QB great. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zskins said:

When you don't have a TE or Samuel or McKissic you have to water down as you say. Some of you sure like to live in denial that he can actually be good enough to still be on the roster next year. 

They've been watering down most of the season for one reason or the other. 

Taylor has done himself no favors lately, he looked bad today too with his accuracy and decision making.

The falcons game was so long ago, the offense was starting to fall apart even towards the end of win streak.

There may be room for compromise here in regards to being in a roster, but im so tired of the excuses for why he doesn't play well. 

Injuries matter, they do, but coaches still study film to look at individual play of each player, and coaches have not relented on saying QB needs an upgrade, not just better play.  Theres a reason for that.

Edited by Renegade7

Just now, mhd24 said:

I’d rather have Kyle Allen as a backup.  You have to have an NFL arm.  The blueprint is out on Heineke.  He can’t throw deep or hit outs.

Thank you im surprised so many can't see this, it makes defending vs our offense so much easier,

Just now, zskins said:

You are the one with excuses since you obviously don't like to live in reality. 

Reality is we don't have a qb. Im not the one here making excuses for a 28 year old guy that was doing math class last year, hes been in the league multiple teams have passed on his services, he played ok in a few games but has been pretty bad for most of the season we won games by playing good defense and getting turnovers. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

Haskins had a great arm too. A great arm doesn't make a QB great. 

Great arm or arm strength?  It was only before he got here i thought he could make every throw, his short time here showed he couldn't, he had accuracy and inconsistency issues as well, putting it lightly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Great arm or arm strength?  It was only before he got here i thought he could make every throw, his short time here showed he couldn't, he had accuracy and inconsistency issues as well, putting it lightly. 

Sorry I was implying arm strength since the convo was about arm strength. 

Taylor knew this was his last game in 2021 and was trying too hard today. It happens. We are all humans and want to impress our bosses. When Taylor has played lose he has been pretty accurate. When he forces too much that is when he gets into trouble. 

16 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think the moment beat Hienike up. He knew this was his last game to make his case and he wanted to hit every ball out of the ball park. He put too much on his shoulders and choked.He’s better than he showed today. 

I still believe he’s a low end starter and a high end back up. 

I agree....we won 4 straight with him and it's not his fault we had 26 guys go on the COVID list and that our defense took 8 games to figure things out. We can win with TH but could certainly do better too. 

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

Ron didn't start Allen, in the last game that didn't even matter, when he has a better arm and all. I find that interesting. 

I said the same thing....I think this means Allen is gone if we bring in another guy to compete.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, zskins said:

Ron didn't start Allen, in the last game that didn't even matter, when he has a better arm and all. I find that interesting. 

What would be the point of randomly throwing Allen in there in a meaningless game? It would be a total dick move. Just let TH finish his one starting season with a bit of dignity. Everyone knows we're moving on from him as a starter.

To Taylor Heinicke for being a great story and a great dude who puts his all into playing whenever he's out there:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114e64a8f8194f1840a7a15445047287f5d29c7298&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

To the coaching staff for realizing Taylor Heinicke doesn't have the talent to be a NFL starter and for deciding to move on:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114e64a8f8194f1840a7a15445047287f5d29c7298&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Sorry I was implying arm strength since the convo was about arm strength. 

Gotcha, thanks for clarification. 

1 minute ago, zskins said:

Taylor knew this was his last game in 2021 and was trying too hard today. It happens. We are all humans and want to impress our bosses. When Taylor has played lose he has been pretty accurate. When he forces too much that is when he gets into trouble. 

Here's the problem with that, hes been playing this "scared to screw up / trying too hard" style of football most of the season.  Hes been so scared to lose his job as the starter that he did it anyway, he'll be a backup at best going into 2022 because of it.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Gotcha, thanks for clarification. 

Here's the problem with that, hes been playing this "scared to screw up / trying too hard" style of football most of the season.  Hes been so scared to lose his job as the starter that he did it anyway, he'll be a backup at best going into 2022 because of it.

wouldn't surprise me if he is the backup next year but finds his way starting by seasons end and winning games for us. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

What would be the point of randomly throwing Allen in there in a meaningless game? It would be a total dick move. Just let TH finish his one starting season with a bit of dignity. Everyone knows we're moving on from him as a starter.

To Taylor Heinicke for being a great story and a great dude who puts his all into playing whenever he's out there:

To the coaching staff for realizing Taylor Heinicke doens't have the talent to be a NFL starter and for decing to move on:

Maybe Ron knew he could win with Taylor and wanted to close out the season with a positive note. ;)

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

wouldn't surprise me if he is the backup next year but finds his way starting by seasons end and winning games for us. 

Only way he starts is due to injury, he takes his replacement's job, Ron is in trouble.  And there's enough film on Taylor that a spot start might work, but he won't get another win streak.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I said it in the gameday thread, I'll say it again here. Heinicke is a great dude. He gave us thrilling moments, he always played with his heart 100% in the game. Every play, you knew he was trying to do the most he could.

I hope I never see Heinicke take the field again, and I hope he isn't a backup on this team. I have never seen such a whirlwind around such a mediocre QB, and I don't want there to be another season of gutting it out when he can't hit a receiver 30 yards down the field in stride.

I'm not defending him or attacking your opinion, but he literally did that today.

:229:The Rook

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zskins said:

Maybe Ron knew he could win with Taylor and wanted to close out the season with a positive note. ;)

There was zero reason to start Allen in a meaningless game, other than be an asshole to TH. Heinicke did next to nothing this game. He had a couple of good throws, some bad ones, and an INT that was caught but then that Terry somehow managed to jar loose at the very end. We won because the run game was gashing them and because Fromm is horrible.

But yes I know. It's everyone else's fault that Heinicke hasn't been great. It's COVID's fault. It's the receivers' fault. It's the defense's fault. It's the coaches' fault. It's because the other team illegally had people on the field to play against him. It's because he's the leagues oldest rookie. It's because the Illuminati were conspiring against him. Have you added anything else to your list of excuses yet?

Just stop. Please. It's borderline embarassing at this point.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

There was zero reason to start Allen in a meaningless game, other than be an asshole to TH. Heinicke did next to nothing this game. He had a couple of good throws, some bad ones, and an INT that was caught but then that Terry somehow managed to jar loose at the very end. We won because the run game was gashing them and because Fromm is horrible.

But yes I know. It's everyone else's fault that Heinicke hasn't been great. It's COVID's fault. It's the receivers' fault. It's the defense's fault. It's the coaches' fault. It's because the other team illegally had people on the field to play against him. It's because he's the leagues oldest rookie. It's because the Illuminati were conspiring against him. Have you added anything else to your list of excuses yet?

Just stop. Please. It's borderline embarassing at this point.

:rofl89::rofl89::rofl89::rofl89::rofl89:

Talk about making excuses. You obviously have every excuse in the book against TH. At least I try to be rational. I have at least said he sucks when he does and praise him when he does better.

But yeah I am the one who should stop. 🙄

• Haha 1

Just now, zskins said:

:rofl89::rofl89::rofl89::rofl89::rofl89:

Talk about making excuses. You obviously have every excuse in the book against TH. At least I try to be rational. I have at least said he sucks when he does and praise him when he does better.

But yeah I am the one who should stop. 🙄

What are you even talking about? What "excuses" do I have "against" TH? He hasn't had to deal with much more than any other QB does. Every team has injuries. Every team has COVID issues. Every team has other teams that can game plan against them. Every team has to deal with some units not always performing as well as others. Why is Heinicke suddenly the snowflake who has to be coddled and given a pass for every single thing by some people?

I've praised TH when he's done good things and played well, but there hasn't been much to praise the last several weeks.

It's over. He's done as the starter. He's a great guy and a great story, but not a starting NFL QB. Time to move on.

23 minutes ago, The Rook said:

I'm not defending him or attacking your opinion, but he literally did that today.

:229:The Rook

When you can count on one hand how many times thats happened in a 17 game season then there you go. Its a big problem we are lucky Mclaurin hasn't been severely hurt this season.