Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If our OL would stop dropping like flies, and we ever get some decent pass blocking, I believe we'll see more of those beautiful, well-planted, zippy throws, and less of the off-script/off-balance throws.

Our OL is one of the bright spots of this team. Sure, they give up a sack sometimes, but every OL does. Over the past two weeks there have been tons of time where TH has had all day to throw and go through his reads. Our OL is constently ranked in the top 10 by PFF and PFN.

• Like 8
  • Thumb up 2

5 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

TH has a whole heap of impressive qualities at QB. Some limitations also. I think we all see the good in TH, just to varying degrees.

What he has convinced me of is that we should not go after a salvage case vet QB in the offseason on an inflated deal. I could actually see us extend TH if this form continues throughout the season.

I’d still be drafting a QB high this upcoming draft. Get two good QBs on the roster on decent contracts and it’s a solid foundation.

That's a good point.  I like Heinicke but i am not on the verge of being sold that he's a franchise QB.  But I love having him on the team.  Whose to say some reclamation project like Trubisky or whomever is better than Heinicke?  I could ride with a draft pick with Heinicke.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Our OL is one of the bright spots of this team. Sure, they give up a sack sometimes, but every OL does. Over the past two weeks there have been tons of time where TH has had all day to throw and go through his reads. Our OL is constently ranked in the top 10 by PFF and PFN.

And it's not just the starters, C.Lucas and W.Swietzer have played well when called upon.  Depth at all positions is very important as we've seen.  Injuries are gonna occur in football and having the next man up who can handle playing full time is very important.

• Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

So by saying it’s ridiculous to declare he’s the love child of two Hall Of Fame QBs I’m admitting my hatred? 

Every QB benefits from a good supporting cast.  Hall of Famer Brett Favre won exactly one Super Bowl; same as Aaron Rodgers thus far.  Ironically, because of Reggie White on defense and Desmond Howard (Super Bowl MVP) on special teams.  

As Michael Scott would say: Irregardless, the point KingDaddy was trying to make is he sees some of the same traits in Heinicke that he saw in Heinicke's role model.  KingDaddy wasn't saying that TH would be a hall of fame QB.  You made that reach so you could make a snarky comment; thus revealing the hatred you have for being wrong about Heinicke.  Which is the problem with most of his critics.  They have to be seen as the gods of all QB expertise.  When their theories are proven wrong they must switch the animosity to the player who proved them wrong.  

Edited by ThomasRoane

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You missed his point.  "If they would stop dropping like flies."  They're doing very good with all the shuffling going on.  Now, just imagine they're all healthy!?!? 

I will say that Matsko is one helluva a line coach.  He didn't get the press that Callahan did; who was overrated IMO.  But man, what a great job he's done!  

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

You just made Peregrine's point with your snarky response to KingDaddy. 

I agree. Saying that Taylor Heinicke might not be a Drew Brees/Brett Favre understudy is 100% pure hatred.

Drew Brees, Brett Favre, and Taylor Heinicke all played QB. And they had strong arms, except for Heinicke. And they had incredible scrambling ability, except for Favre and Brees. And they all won Super Bowls, except for Heinicke.

They're cut from the same cloth and anyone who says otherwise is filled with burning hatred.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

TH is reminding me of Doug Flutie. Incredibly average but just keeps persevering and winning. Fans and coaches will covet the prototypical QB (6’5”, rocket arm, college pedigree) and Heinike will spend his career constantly finding ways to win and battling for respect. 

• Thumb up 2

12 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

You missed his point.  "If they would stop dropping like flies."  They're doing very good with all the shuffling going on.  Now, just imagine they're all healthy!?!? 

I will say that Matsko is one helluva a line coach.  He didn't get the press that Callahan did; who was overrated IMO.  But man, what a great job he's done!  

Even with guys out they've been consistently highly rated. The OL is good. No need to really try to harp on them for not doing enough. They've mostly been excellent. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Every QB benefits from a good supporting cast.  Hall of Famer Brett Favre won exactly one Super Bowl; same as Aaron Rodgers thus far.  Ironically, because of Reggie White on defense and Desmond Howard (Super Bowl MVP) on special teams.  

As Michael Scott would say: Irregardless, the point KingDaddy was trying to make is he sees some of the same traits in Heinicke that he saw in Heinicke's role model.  KingDaddy wasn't saying that TH would be a hall of fame QB.  You made that reach so you could make a snarky comment; thus revealing the hatred you have for being wrong about Heinicke.  Which is the problem with most of his critics.  They have to be seen as the gods of all QB expertise.  When their theories are proven wrong they must switch the animosity to the player who proved them wrong.  

I mean he literally said he’s part farve/part Brees. 

Heinicke can take this team a long way, and he's improving week by week.

He doesn't need to have a rocket arm; if the team is solid in all aspects they can go a long way, who knows maybe all the way.

He's got great scrambling ability, shifty, sees the field good, goes through his progressions, and i'd almost bet there are at least 5 or 6 teams that would love to have him on their team starting.

I am not worries one bit about TH, its Gibson who concerns me. He's got the Chuck Muncie-itis. It doesn't matter one bit whether the WFT recovers the fumble or not, a fumble is a fumble, and at some point it will cost this team if he doesn'

t get that crap fixed.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I mean he literally said he’s part farve/part Brees. 

I really don't think that went far enough though. IMO Heinicke has the arm of Favre, the accuracy of Brees, the footwork of Peyton, the brain of Brady, the release of Marino, the penis of John Holmes, and the miracle ability of Jesus (though he turns water into beer instead of wine...wine is for *******).

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I really don't think that went far enough though. IMO Heinicke has the arm of Favre, the accuracy of Brees, the footwork of Peyton, the brain of Brady, the release of Marino, the penis of John Holmes, and the miracle ability of Jesus (though he turns water into beer instead of wine...wine is for *******).

It’s like if you don’t think he’s a QB reinventing the position then you must hate him. He’s played well the last couple of weeks undoubtedly but the short attention spans here apparently choose to ignore the 5 weeks prior. I hope he keeps this up but creating this absurdly overreaching comparisons make zero sense.

Heini does Dallas. Take that Debbie.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You didn't say he had the leadership of Joe Gibbs, shut up hater

• Haha 1

Proof right here that no real rush to draft a QB. We have the best of the best. I mean when you have God as your QB you really can't go any higher. :D

• Haha 2

Had the game of his life.  Being able to scramble at keep plays alive is his greatest ability.  He had that one amazing play, I forget which quarter, where he was able to find I think Bates on 4th down which led to points.  

He doesn't have a monster arm, he isn't always accurate, and sometimes throws into coverage, but on the whole he is an above average QB.  Definitely won't win you a championship though.

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s like if you don’t think he’s a QB reinventing the position then you must hate him. He’s played well the last couple of weeks undoubtedly but the short attention spans here apparently choose to ignore the 5 weeks prior. I hope he keeps this up but creating this absurdly overreaching comparisons make zero sense.

Heinicke has had probably 1 bad game a few mediocre games with late pics, and some good games. The hate is unjust. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Which is the problem with most of his critics.  They have to be seen as the gods of all QB expertise.  When their theories are proven wrong they must switch the animosity to the player who proved them wrong.  

I promise you care way more about being a QB expert than me.  Way more.  You are taking victory laps prematurely as well I might add.

IDGAF about being right about Heineke.  It would be way cooler to be wrong and have a QB than right and still hunting.