Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

28 minutes ago, mojo said:

Kid threw some absolute dimes today, like next level stuff.  If he can keep protecting the ball, all bets are off.  I watched the Rivera press conference and it’s obvious he loves his game.

Be able to use that draft pick on something than qb would be awesome 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Honestly, to me one of the main things is how the coaches respond and talk. So far Rivera and the FO have been pretty upfront about wanting to find an upgrade at QB after this season is done and acknowledging that they need to find their guy. That doesn't necessarily mean that Heinicke can't convince them that he can be that guy, but to me it sounds like it could be an uphill battle.

Yea, you’re right but I just watched Rivera’s press conference and one thing he emphasized was how Taylor is growing into the role. He is basically a rookie. Regardless, it’s apparent Ron loves the kid.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

There’s people in this very thread that were so sure Cousins would never win a title, and now they are certain that TH can. It’s crazy sauce. ****ing nuts. 😂

Wait what? Who has been saying this besides you?

Oh by the way, Kirk still hasn't won anything yet. He has been in the league since 2012. 

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, zskins said:

Let me answer with a question to you instead... what is your measuring stick? How are we going to determine if he is a backup or a starter? What metrics are we going to use? 

What if we go 4-3, or 3-4, or 2-5 etc.

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Be able to use that draft pick on something than qb would be awesome 

Wait. We only have one draft pick this year???

16 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

I think we're both on the same page regarding TH; if he starts stinking up the joint on a regular basis then yes by all means another QB is needed badly.

But, considering next year's draft doesn't look promising in the QB field the team may as well hold out til 2023 draft. Maybe a vet in the league is cut/traded/FA or whatever and they get him,. I don't see an issue with it, possibly Wilson, but going after someone like Trubisky would IMO be a waste. Besides, there will be other teams looking for a QB as well, and who knows what road they take to get one. 

But I still stand by the notion that if the entire team solidifies in all aspects, TH can get the team to the SB; its been done before by far worse QBs who rode the coattails of a strong defense...

I don't completely disagree, but I think we also need to remember that Rivera is going to know that he only has so long a leash before he's on the hot seat. There's no way they can keep kicking the can down the road on a QB. He's pretty much acknowledged that in interviews.

IMO Heinicke will really have to continue to ball out big time for the rest of the season in order to convince them to roll with him as their guy next year. It's definitely not impossible, but it's going to take more than a couple of good games. He's going to have to show consistency and continued improvement.

As far as drafting a QB, I have a feeling we're not going to be bad enough in the very near future to be in a #1 or #2 overall pick position, which is where you need to be to land those true blue chip QB prospects. This upcoming draft's QB crop could actually be a blessing since there isn't one of those guys, meaning some good, but not Luck or Lawrence level, prospects will likely be there when we pick.

Edited by mistertim

If the Defense lived up to it's hype..TH would have us 1st in the NFCE. I don't care if he can't throw a 60 yarder..if he can thread the needle at 20-30 like he has..use his legs to expand the play..throw on the run accurately..AND HAVE HIS TEAM BELIEVING IN HIM. WTF do ya want? The guy doesn't quit and the team is responding to that. When was the last time we could say the offense will drive 90 yards to win the game.....

He is frickin FUN to watch!

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree with this 100% and I'm not sure why he does this.  The only thing I can think of is that he's trying to lull the defense to sleep in a way with this pattern, only to try and open things up later on.  And I'm not saying that's a great strategy.

That’s a massively stupid strategy, and I don’t think it’s conscious.  

I think he needs to have somebody track this for him and feed it to him.  Maybe it’s just lack of feel. 

Some stats... 

Kirk has throw 5 passes over 40+ yards. TH has thrown 3. 

Kirk is .682% and TH is .662%

Kirk is winning in the INT column though. 

Kirk's team is 5-5 and TH team is 4-6. 

Kirk is getting paid 30mil+ and TH is getting 2.2 mil a year. 

Edited by zskins
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

If the Defense lived up to it's hype..TH would have us 1st in the NFCE. I don't care if he can't throw a 60 yarder..if he can thread the needle at 20-30 like he has..use his legs to expand the play..throw on the run accurately..AND HAVE HIS TEAM BELIEVING IN HIM. WTF do ya want? The guy doesn't quit and the team is responding to that. When was the last time we could say the offense will drive 90 yards to win the game.....

Our defense has certainly disappointed in general (especially compared with the hype coming in), but for at least 3 of our losses they were not the biggest reason for the L, the offense was. You can't score ~10 points and expect to win many games.

13 minutes ago, zskins said:

Some stats... 

Kirk has throw 5 passes over 40+ yards. TH has thrown 3. 

Kirk is .682% and TH is .662%

Kirk is winning in the INT column though. 

Kirk's team is 5-5 and TH team is 4-6. 

Kirk is getting paid 30mil+ and TH is getting 2.2 mil a year. 

Kirk has Theilen, Jefferson and Cook.

HineyHiney has Scary Terry and a trash bag filled with strained groins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

So by saying it’s ridiculous to declare he’s the love child of two Hall Of Fame QBs I’m admitting my hatred? 

No one said he's the love child of anyone...it's just that's his style of play. No one is saying he will be as successful as Favre or Brees but he plays the same way. Same as no one is saying yo hate TH. Drew Brees and Brett Favre were ballers...TH is a baller, his teammates have said it long before I have.

39 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

And he is much better than some give him credit to be. He is helping make Terry a pro bowler. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Time to extend him. 3 year 30 million. He might not take that deal now. Should have offered it in September. 

He's still under contract for next season. There is no need to make any sort of commitment. And I still don't think he's a long term franchise QB answer. But at the very least he makes a good bridge QB till we find one and don't have to resort to moving up a bunch of future 1sts for someone like Malik Willis in this upcoming draft.