Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

24 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Heiny has some moxie….. but he doesn’t have to play reckless either. More like Russel Wilson.

Agree. Maybe I’m just risk adverse. I would be pretty disappointed to see him really hurt so I like to tell myself heavier Hien is healthier Hien. 

That could be all BS tho honestly 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

It should be obvious, as we've been saying it for some time. We literally have to see if this is who he really is, and not some flash in the pan. Is this his usual standard of play in the NFL, with an occasional bad game here and there. Or is this the best he will ever play, and then fall back to earth and make Colt McCoy look impressive 85% of the time.

If this is who he is, he’s an All Pro Qb. And even they are going to have an occasional bad game here and there. His play could come down to the mean, and that won’t imply he’s the equivalent of Colt. His arm is going to cost him from time to time… but it doesn’t seem limiting.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, defiently guarded not scared.  I get it, this is where come to debate this stuff, we arent always going to convince each other who is right.  He needs to show me more, some people, they've seen enough.

Agree. I still believe in D coordinators having enough film on a guy to take away what he likes to do and force him to do things he doesn’t. I don’t think they have that kinda tape in Hein yet. So I’m very very curious to see what happens when they do. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Agree. Maybe I’m just risk adverse. I would be pretty disappointed to see him really hurt so I like to tell myself heavier Hien is healthier Hien. 

That could be all BS tho honestly 

You’re a WFT fan…. we can hold out breath for 3 hours at a time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Morneblade said:

It should be obvious, as we've been saying it for some time. We literally have to see if this is who he really is, and not some flash in the pan. Is this his usual standard of play in the NFL, with an occasional bad game here and there. Or is this the best he will ever play, and then fall back to earth and make Colt McCoy look impressive 85% of the time.

Obviously, some of us believe we know the answer due to a longer period of observing TH play. And perhaps even more obviously, no  -- playing QB at Old Dominion is nowhere near the same as playing in the NFL. However, having that experience of watching him for an extended period of time, I am fully convinced that with time, and certainly by our bye week in week nine, we will all know that his play Thursday was not a flash-in-the-pan performance. To be clear, I am not saying that he will lead the Team to a win in every game, only that his play will be consistently at the level he has already demonstrated, and his abilities will no longer be questioned.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I didn’t watch any tape. The first I saw of him was his first appearance against the Vikes. I turned the TV off after the first 2 drives. That was the worst QB play I had ever seen. There’s no way anybody with any aptitude could play that poorly. I’ve seen journeymen QBs freshly signed off the street earlier in the week show more.

Like say...............................Taylor Heinicke? ;)

4 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

Why that play was called is beyond me lol, but I digress.  Yes, having the resilience to bounce back and move the team for a fg after that headscratching int can’t be undervalued.  He’s no youngin.  He plays with Vet savvy and a healthy moxie

I have some insider information on this. Ron said the play was supposed to go to Gibson in the flat. I thought we should have pounded the ball down their throats, but that's me. But after getting that quick touchdown Taylor went up to Rivera and asked him if that was a "legendary" ending. Ron was like "Nah, you have to win the game as time is running out after getting the ball deep in your own territory with about 2 minutes left for that." And Taylor was like "Really now? Hmmmmm...."

The Legend of Taylor Heinicke shirt

Look… whether you like it or not, Heinicke is our qb for the foreseeable future. I’m hoping he stays healthy since to me Allen is a career backup similar to Colt. 

Anyway we are fans aren’t we? Reading this thread it seems some are hoping to see him crash and burn because you know what makes a successful qb. Didn’t know we had so many Vince Lombardi minds on here.  Let’s just root for the guy and the team and see what happens in 8 weeks if Fitz comes back. We can critique him along the way but you can’t argue that he has played well so far. 

Is he going to have some rough games?  Absolutely but if he can keep us competitive as he has in all 3 games then I’ll take it and enjoy the ride. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Are they wrong?

If you're new you here,(not you specifically, but say, ODU fans that were not WTF fans) and not that familiar with just how BAD it's been, it's understandable to think fans that have been here for 30, 40, 50+ years are just being pessimistic. But we are just not going to bite, after going through this roller coaster for 30+ years. There is Lucy. With the football. And she's asking me if I want to kick it.

Yeah, not falling for that one............................again.

So, for the guys that think a couple games makes you a starter in the league, I submit guys like Scott Mitchell, Matt Flynn and others that had a really nice stretch of games.....and did nothing else the rest of their careers. As for WTF fans, recent history has not been kind here.

RGlll had a great rookie season. But after that, it was obvious he couldn't read NFL defenses and he's out of the league.

Capt. Kirk had a nice run and then used it to get a big contract with the Vikes. Who are not really happy with him right now.

Hell, even the Sex Dragon, Rex Grossman, actually played well for a few games. And then played abysmally.

What I'm getting at, and others are getting at, is that while we are absolutely LOVING what we are seeing, we can't trust it.

Not yet.

We've seen this too many times, from too many people for it to all go belly up. Every single time.

So, we need something substantial. Honestly, a full season might be what it takes.

Now, if you're already 100% on board, this might seem a little much. But if you walk in our shoes for a mile, I guarantee you're gonna have serious PTSD and need therapy. It's been historically bad. Especially if you're like me, and grew up in the 70's and 80's and KNOW what a really good QB can do for this team. And have been teased for 30 years.

We are leery as all getout.

But we so, so WANT to trust it. I WANT a goddamed Kurt Warner Story starring Taylor Heinicke. I WANT HIM TO WIN MULTIPLE SB'S WITH US, BE ALL PRO AND END UP IN THE GODDAMED HoF.

But right now, I don't trust Lucy with that goddamed ball.

That, is where the fan base is collectively. Wanting this to work REALLY bad, but have had a string of 20+ duds that make it hard to just "trust".

They aren't right or wrong. To me, he's a starter in the league based off his two games, that's all we have to go off of. He deserves the benefit of the doubt with his performances.

One game at a time, he is passing the eye test as well as putting up good numbers. I dont need a set number of games to convince myself that there is something there with him. He clearly has some form of magic in his game, its all about him consistently putting it together week in and week out. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

14 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

If this is who he is, he’s an All Pro Qb. And even they are going to have an occasional bad game here and there. His play could come down to the mean, and that won’t imply he’s the equivalent of Colt. His arm is going to cost him from time to time… but it doesn’t seem limiting.

I don't think I said that the "mean" is a career backup. Could be more like Tyrod Taylor, or Andy Dalton, middle tier QB's. That would be a huge uptick for us. And the only way to really see that is to see him in a bunch of situation, multiple times to see how he is going to handle them. So far? He's been great.

GREAT.

But, as any good scientist would say, the sample size is way to small to confirm anything. Could be nothing more than a outlier. Need more data.

6 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

I love how 4 is being underestimated.  Ball out fella.  You can turn an entire franchise around.  And I couldn’t ask for a better human to do it.  Let’s GO!

I love how anything not lavishly praising him is called "hate" or "underestimating"

He played well. I want to see more before I start believing he could be the QB of the future. After 2 starts, I don't think that's an unfair position to take. Doesn't mean I'm hating on or underestimating Heinicke. Just being realistic.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I love how anything not lavishly praising him is called "hate" or "underestimating"

He played well. I want to see more before I start believing he could be the QB of the future. After 2 starts, I don't think that's an unfair position to take. Doesn't mean I'm hating on or underestimating Heinicke. Just being realistic.

he’s been underestimated since he left ODU my friend.  It’s ok.  I’m not trying to make it personal.  Just rooting for 4 to be our guy.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

They aren't right or wrong. To me, he's a starter in the league based off his two games, that's all we have to go off of. He deserves the benefit of the doubt with his performances.

One game at a time, he is passing the eye test as well as putting up good numbers. I dont need a set number of games to convince myself that there is something there with him. He clearly has some form of magic in his game, its all about him consistently putting it together week in and week out. 

Well, if you wanna make the judgement that he's a starter in this league based on 2 games, that's on you.

I'm not going to judge ANYONE on 2 games. You're literally not doing much more than blind guessing at that point.

• Like 1

One other thing I like about last night:  Other than 1) Winning on Primetime TV; 2) Winning at FedEx on an atrocious weeknight; 3) Lead the division standings for at least 2 weeks

The Giants defensive coaches had 4 days to study TH's tape from the Chargers game... and still could not develop a scheme to stop him.

He's not a fluke, y'all.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

he’s been underestimated since he left ODU my friend.  It’s ok.  I’m not trying to make it personal.  Just rooting for 4 to be our guy.  

And that has nothing to do with any of this. We'd all love for him to emerge as a top QB and our long term solution. But declaring bluntly that it's so after 2 good games and then calling people who want to see more before deciding "haters" or saying they're "underestimating" him is silly.

I'd guess that the coaches are likewise taking the same wait and see approach for now.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I challenge you to find me an example of anyone wishing Heineke fails.  

Good luck.

The point being that so many on here don’t think he has a strong enough arm, he was an undrafted player so he can’t be the “guy” and that he is so brittle that he may break a bone just from breaking the huddle. 

• Thumb down 1

Just now, mistertim said:

And that has nothing to do with any of this. We'd all love for him to emerge as a top QB and our long term solution. But declaring bluntly that it's so after 2 good games and then calling people who want to see more before deciding "haters" or saying they're "underestimating" him is silly.

I'd guess that the coaches are likewise taking the same wait and see approach for now.

Simply stating my opinion bro.  Guess you’re that guy…there’s always one I suppose

20 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

One other thing I like about last night:  Other than 1) Winning on Primetime TV; 2) Winning at FedEx on an atrocious weeknight; 3) Lead the division standings for at least 2 weeks

The Giants defensive coaches had 4 days to study TH's tape from the Chargers game... and still could not develop a scheme to stop him.

He's not a fluke, y'all.

There is barely any tape

on him, and they had a short week. That's not the same as say, having a bye week and 4 years of NFL tape. And not a very good defense, either.

Edited by Morneblade

9 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Well, if you wanna make the judgement that he's a starter in this league based on 2 games, that's on you.

I'm not going to judge ANYONE on 2 games. You're literally not doing much more than blind guessing at that point.

I have no shame, he could easily not be a franchise QB but I'm not going to be skeptical for no particular reason either. He has shown more good than bad. 

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Are they wrong?

If you're new you here,(not you specifically, but say, ODU fans that were not WTF fans) and not that familiar with just how BAD it's been, it's understandable to think fans that have been here for 30, 40, 50+ years are just being pessimistic. But we are just not going to bite, after going through this roller coaster for 30+ years. There is Lucy. With the football. And she's asking me if I want to kick it.

Yeah, not falling for that one............................again.

So, for the guys that think a couple games makes you a starter in the league, I submit guys like Scott Mitchell, Matt Flynn and others that had a really nice stretch of games.....and did nothing else the rest of their careers. As for WTF fans, recent history has not been kind here.

RGlll had a great rookie season. But after that, it was obvious he couldn't read NFL defenses and he's out of the league.

Capt. Kirk had a nice run and then used it to get a big contract with the Vikes. Who are not really happy with him right now.

Hell, even the Sex Dragon, Rex Grossman, actually played well for a few games. And then played abysmally.

What I'm getting at, and others are getting at, is that while we are absolutely LOVING what we are seeing, we can't trust it.

Not yet.

We've seen this too many times, from too many people for it to all go belly up. Every single time.

So, we need something substantial. Honestly, a full season might be what it takes.

Now, if you're already 100% on board, this might seem a little much. But if you walk in our shoes for a mile, I guarantee you're gonna have serious PTSD and need therapy. It's been historically bad. Especially if you're like me, and grew up in the 70's and 80's and KNOW what a really good QB can do for this team. And have been teased for 30 years.

We are leery as all getout.

But we so, so WANT to trust it. I WANT a goddamed Kurt Warner Story starring Taylor Heinicke. I WANT HIM TO WIN MULTIPLE SB'S WITH US, BE ALL PRO AND END UP IN THE GODDAMED HoF.

But right now, I don't trust Lucy with that goddamed ball.

That, is where the fan base is collectively. Wanting this to work REALLY bad, but have had a string of 20+ duds that make it hard to just "trust".

I get it, and I don't blame the collective "you" for being reluctant to jump on a bandwagon that just might not be going anywhere. I think, and we as a group can only hope, that by season's end we are all on the Heinicke bandwagon -- if not sooner. So, in the meantime -- I'll put up with you, if you will put up with me. Cheers, all!

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I wrote a whole paragraph to defend TH and then decide to just agree with you because you are right. When in the last 30 years have we been able to say we have a top QB? So let's talk after the season is over and maybe agree that Fitz ain't it for now.....how does that sound?