Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

On 9/15/2021 at 1:36 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Here’s a weird comp that feels kind of right…

Johnny Manziel didnt have prototypical size, didn’t have a great arm but was a gunslinger, wasn’t an all-world sprinter but was thought of as a tough scrambler, and was considered to have toughness and moxie. Maybe a good comp for Heinicke is “Johnny Manziel with a work ethic and no addiction issues, and if he wasn’t an asshole”. 

Claiming my place in the wacky Heinicke comp sweepstakes with this entry from yesterday 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

24 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

do you realize that becuase of the member name you chose, @TK has officially declared that you are not required to support any of your arguments with reason, logic, facts, or ever cite sources, and instead simply have to type: "because stone cold said so"

Btw…I’m an old old head…been using this moniker since the pre extreme skins days.  Back when it was just a message board.  Ima 🦕 lol.  It’s my old USAF call sign.  Took me a lil while after 9/11 to officially join the sight after the transition.  

and for the first time since 99…Stone Cold is cracking brews and Hell Yeahlin with excitement.  Things are looking up.  And that’s the bottom line

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Claiming my place in the wacky Heinicke comp sweepstakes with this entry from yesterday 

This is the wagon Ive hitched myself to.  Some guys just have it.  Tag 4…you’re it homie.  Stay healthy fella

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I don't believe there are a number of Kirk Warners out there there who just never got the chance.  But I do believe Taylor Heinke is a much better game player than practice player which is why he has bounced around so much.  It was well reported that he was all over the place in training camp, then he gets in the game and performs much better. The question is is it sustainable?  

Then why did the Vikes let him go. Head scratcher indeed as they saw him play on the field and not just in practice. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, redskinss said:

That was just a shot across the bow.

Try not to be snarky or an antagonist and you'll never have a problem with them.

Junkies threw out a stat. Heinike has more completions, 93, in his first 3 starts than anyone in the history of the NFL.  Oops, late to the party...where's the delete button!

Edited by Chris 44
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chris 44 said:

Junkies threw out a stat. Heinike has more completions, 93, in his first 3 starts than anyone in the history of the NFL. 

Yeah I saw that, very impressive stat.

I think the kids got a good chance of being a solid quarterback in this league.

2 hours ago, jnhutchi3 said:

Yeah, because Kansas City is NOT a much better team overall than Washington.  LOL.

The feeling is mutual -- it's hard to take you seriously when you think Fitz was an "upgrade" or Heinicke.  Especially for freaking $10 million per year.

I can understand why Rivera and the Washington head shed made that dumb decision -- they are risk averse, like most NFL teams.  You don't have that excuse.  

So the only reason that Patrick Mahomes had 10 TDs and 0 INTs in his first two starts was because the rest of his team was good? Do you even listen to what you're saying?

You can say whatever you want about why Rivera and the rest of the FO clearly thought they needed an upgrade from Heinicke, but they clearly did. It wasn't just Fitz. Apparently they made lots of inquiries and offered up a 1st plus for Stafford.

Obviously they weren't sold on Heinicke being the guy. And while he is making progress towards convincing people, I seriously doubt the coaches after last night suddenly said "Yep. We have our franchise QB."

The throw on that wheel route to jd was pure throwing art.  One of the most difficult throws to make.  4 did it with enough touch for jd to take it in stride.

the td throw to sj is exactly what we w been clamoring for in our qbs for years!…just give our guys a chance to make plays.  4 does that with calculated precision.

Calling the audible and running the ball in for a td was a veteran move.  Getting us to line in enough time to make such calls is a thing of beauty.  He brings tempo and efficiency.  

I’m happy he’s our QB.  I wouldn’t have it any other way.  And if he continues to win, a lot of the 757 fan base will return.  

…it’s happening folks.

• Like 9

I enjoyed the spark Taylor put back in Washington's offense and I sure as heck did enjoy that win and anyone with the name Taylor ain't that bad of a person. I can't believe all the morons calling him Tyler, anyway I am going to ride the High until Buffalo.... if he can muster up a win in Buffalo I'll put him on a pedestal.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

It’s definitely circular logic but you can’t argue he would be a statistical anomaly. Hell HE would tell you that. And then from the looks of it throw for 400 yards and a few TDs on that ass lol. 

It’s ok guys, we can still root for him and want to see more. That’s not any kind of knock on him or you 😅

The Rex Cannon has been mentioned. So that’s like 9 so far. 

(I’m not Taylor Hein, I don’t maths) 

Of course he would be an anomaly, that's not my point.

What's frustrating is when people say "well if he's successful, he would be an anomaly, therefore it's unlikely he will be successful". People use the same faulty logic with draft picks. It's like they've never heard of Bayes' Theorem lol.

My point is this: the evaluation should be based on what you see on the field, period. Once you have live NFL game tape, it shouldn't matter a rat's ass whether you're UDFA or 1st overall. If Haskins played like Heinicke in his first three starts, most of this board would have anointed him. But since it's a UDFA from ODU, there are people still saying we need to draft a 1st round quarterback as if anyone who watched the game last night would seriously think QB is the biggest area of need on this roster.

That's what is maddening. I don't think anyone would argue against wanting to see how Taylor does in 6-8 starts before making decisions about the future. But there is such a thing as the soft bigotry of low expectation, and what I don't like is the idea that Heinicke doesn't just have to play well, but he has to play so much better than people's expectations that they re-think their negative assumptions in the first place that he can't be the guy just because he's not a 1st round pick w/ a cannon arm.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

The throw on that wheel route to jd was pure throwing art.  One of the most difficult throws to make.  4 did it with enough touch for jd to take it in stride.

He made a similar throw in the Tampa game that I was very impressed with.

The play broke down and gibson flared out and was covered well but heinicke floated a dime to him that gibson unfortunately dropped.

It was the type of play that seems simple but really isn't and one I haven't seen a Washington quarterback make in so long. 

He definitely has excellent vision and touch. 

• Like 3

The same folks arguing Taylor doesn't deserve squat are the same that argued to ignore Fitz' past and preseason play because because he is a "proven" player in the league. Laughable. Fitz is a serviceable player that has bounced from team to team. Instead of micro-analyzing everything step the kid takes, give him the same support you guys were ready to throw at Fitz. If he doesn't prove to be a full time starter in the league, at least you should know by now he can be a quality backup.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hah, its funny to look at all of the twisting and turning and desperate attempts to take down Heinicke, whos never had a bad game for our franchise, rather than just enjoy the win and the results right now and have some happiness.

Have a drink, watch a sunset, enjoy a baller helping your team win, there will be enough misery later without needing to inject it where it doesnt exist.

Edited by Peregrine
  • Like 6

37 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

the td throw to sj is exactly what we w been clamoring for in our qbs for years!…just give our guys a chance to make plays.  4 does that with calculated precision.

Calling the audible and running the ball in for a td was a veteran move.  Getting us to line in enough time to make such calls is a thing of beauty.  He brings tempo and efficiency.  

I’m happy he’s our QB.  I wouldn’t have it any other way.  And if he continues to win, a lot of the 757 fan base will return.  

…it’s happening folks.

And then there's those of us who never left! 😎

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Hah, its funny to look at all of the twisting and turning and desperate attempts to take down Heinicke, whos never had a bad game for our franchise, rather than just enjoy the win and the results right now and have some happiness.

Have a drink, watch a sunset, enjoy a baller helping your team win, there will be enough misery later without needing to inject it where it doesnt exist.

So saying "He's looked good in very limited time, but I think we need to see more before we decide that he's the future of the franchise" is trying to "take down" Heinicke? Do you really not think Ron and the other coaches would probably say the exact same thing?

True, in the 2 games he has started, he has played well. You don't think it's understandable to want to see more before crowning him?

Seals-Jones' athleticism and ballerina work was like a Wide Receiver. Actually he used to play Wide Receiver. Seals-Jones seals the win.

Next Gen Stats: Taylor Heinicke's 3 most improbable completions Week 2

Check out Washington Football Team quarterback Taylor Heinicke's three most improbable completions from his team's Week 2 win over the New York Giants.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/next-gen-stats-taylor-heinicke-s-3-most-improbable-completions-week-2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mistertim said:

You don't think it's understandable to want to see more before crowning him?

It’s funny, cause if we are what they see as trying to take my man down, I would hate how they would treat an actual true hater. Like Kirk Cousins couldn’t catch a break from me even if he threw orphans from a burning building to safety. I woulda said he did it for money LOL

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Juan1812 said:

The same folks arguing Taylor doesn't deserve squat are the same that argued to ignore Fitz' past and preseason play because because he is a "proven" player in the league. Laughable. Fitz is a serviceable player that has bounced from team to team. Instead of micro-analyzing everything step the kid takes, give him the same support you guys were ready to throw at Fitz. If he doesn't prove to be a full time starter in the league, at least you should know by now he can be a quality backup.

To be fair, Fitz was signed to start and won the starting job over Taylor in August.

This is really early...