Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Daily Mail?

C'mon man.  Just FYI, their answer to everything is democrats are evil.

Not only that. One of the two authors is a neocon Heritage Foundation hack. The paper wasn't peer reviewed. It's only review came from an outspoken anti lockdown Stanford employee.

Hard not to see that the conclusion was developed before the "research".

I also have serious concerns about downplaying mortality rates for covid due to age and health of the population of the state. If anything, it means states like Florida are getting a free pass for killing off its elderly and unhealthy because they were deemed expendable. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

My unvaxxed friend has Covid. She told me she's taking some natural antivirals. She called her doctor who's getting back to her. And she's calling another friend for some Ivermectin plus she's going to order some from Amazon, all without knowing how much to take. I didn't bother telling her that I read a recent article about studies in Australia I think that says Ivermectin doesn't do ****. I don't think doctors in Delaware prescribe it. She has a friend in North Texas who got it from her doctor and was miraculously cured.

I hope she makes it.

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Daily Mail?

C'mon man.  Just FYI, their answer to everything is democrats are evil.

You’re right.  I googled it for a back up.  Basically, you can find anything to fortify any argument you have. The media is a sad state of affairs currently.

On 3/5/2022 at 5:31 AM, Larry said:

Just pointing out:  

There were two POVs being pointed out, then. 

1). The absolute best tool for dealing with the virus is for everybody to get vaccinated. If we do that, we can lift restrictions, maybe all of them. And the virus will still be a problem, but an incredibly rare one. 

2). We found one person somewhere who got vaccinated, and he still had a positive test anyway. So this proves that the vaccine is completely useless. And you shouldn't get it, because your arm might hurt for a while. And here's this stat from Israel which we've carefully worded so that it sounds like the vaccine causes Covid. And look, we lifted restrictions before people got vaccinated, and cases went up a lot. And all this noise means you should just ignore everything and do whatever the **** you want (while I try my hardest to make you want the option that's bad for the country). 

And you're choosing to blame vaccine refusal, on the people who were telling the truth. 

Hey Larry, long time short time!  Hope you are well.

Confused where is my brother Techboy?  He still kickin it here?

As the only right leaning person in this thread, I can attest that shooting up a combo of your own urine and bleach not only makes you Covid proof, it has the added benefit of being able to taste colors.

• Haha 1

My Covid infected friend continues to medicate with natural remedies: Virattack and alkaline drops. She blames Blue States that she can't get Ivermectin prescribed by her doctor (she's in Delaware). Her Red State friends can get Ivermectin. I told her that Ivermectin is pretty much worthless, which she responds that it's used in Europe and it's working.

I can hardly talk to her: she's a huge God/Jesus believer and now she's gone overboard with conspiracy theories. 

I'm glad we're so many states apart. I find it hard to give her comforting words because I feel she's going off the cliff.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

I got back from going to Europe for 2 weeks....and I got Covid my first week there. I'm double vaxxed and boosted with Moderna. It hit me for about 1.5 days, but after that, I was back to normal....I'd describe is as feeling like your typical cold - kind of like the side effects when you got the vaccine, but with a cough and scratchy throat.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I got back from going to Europe for 2 weeks....and I got Covid my first week there. I'm double vaxxed and boosted with Moderna. It hit me for about 1.5 days, but after that, I was back to normal....I'd describe is as feeling like your typical cold - kind of like the side effects when you got the vaccine, but with a cough and scratchy throat.

With mine a few weeks ago...3 days of feeling like ****, and I couldn't eat.  Lost weight I couldn't afford to lose, just got back to 101 this last week. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

My Covid infected friend continues to medicate with natural remedies: Virattack and alkaline drops. She blames Blue States that she can't get Ivermectin prescribed by her doctor (she's in Delaware). Her Red State friends can get Ivermectin. I told her that Ivermectin is pretty much worthless, which she responds that it's used in Europe and it's working.

I can hardly talk to her: she's a huge God/Jesus believer and now she's gone overboard with conspiracy theories. 

I'm glad we're so many states apart. I find it hard to give her comforting words because I feel she's going off the cliff.

Couldn’t she go into PA to get it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

U.S. will limit next-generation Covid vaccines to high-risk people this fall if Congress doesn’t approve more funding

The U.S. will have to limit the next generation of Covid vaccines this fall to individuals at the highest risk of getting seriously sick from the virus if Congress fails to approve funding to purchase the new shots, according to a senior Biden administration official.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, warned the U.S. faces a substantial surge of Covid infections this fall as immunity from the current vaccines wanes and the omicron variant mutates into more transmissible subvariants. The U.S. needs more money for next-generation vaccines, therapeutics and tests to prevent infections from turning into hospitalizations and deaths, the official said.

Pfizer and Moderna are developing redesigned vaccines that target the omicron variant’s mutations to boost protection against infection. The current shots are still targeting the original virus strain that first emerged in Wuhan, China, in 2019. As the virus has evolved over the past two years, the vaccines have become less effective at preventing mild illness, though they generally still protect against severe disease.

The Food and Drug Administration is expected to make a decision by early summer at the latest on whether the U.S. should switch to the redesigned shots for a fall vaccination campaign, with its advisory committee set to hold a meeting on June 28 to discuss the issue.

However, the U.S. currently does not have enough money to purchase the new shots for everybody in the U.S. ahead of the fall, the official said. The U.S. Senate has failed so far to pass $10 billion in additional Covid funding for vaccines, therapeutics and testing despite Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., and Sen Mitt Romney, R-Utah, striking a deal in early April. The $10 billion Senate deal is less than half the $22.5 billion the White House originally requested.

Click on the link for the full article

Got my booster in December, was exposed to someone in late January (helped them with their covid test as they coughed on me), and never tested positive from that

Was literally inside for 1 minute picking up food the other day without a mask on, and just tested positive with a fever and heavy cough

My point of this (anecdotal) story is it seems like they were right when they said vaccines only last about 4 months

Hopefully they can figure that out...

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 1

#BoycottTimHortons: Tim Hortons' alleged vaccine mandate for campers inspires criticism, praise online

An apparent vaccine mandate for children attending Tim Hortons Foundation camps sparked rumblings of a boycott of the coffee chain over the weekend.

The hashtag #BoycottTimHortons was trending in Canada, sparked by an online petition that claims the coffee chain’s camps require campers to be vaccinated in order to attend. Many also took to the hashtag to come to the defence of the company’s decisions or highlight some of its alleged malpractices.

The boycott steamed from an article published in late April by Tamara Ugolini on Rebel News. The article includes an email it claims to be from the Foundation's registration coordinator, in which she writes:"Due to the challenges and risks that COVID-19 continues to pose we at Tims Camps have made the decision that all staff and campers must be fully vaccinated to attend camp this summer."

From there, a petition was launched on Rebel Media, claiming the decision by the company is “cruel and unwarranted” and is “barring those in need from attending their camps based on a private medical decision.” To date, the petition has 19,606 signatures.

Yahoo Canada News reached out to both Tim Hortons and the Tim Hortons Foundation Camps for comment and verification on their vaccination policy for campers but has yet to hear back.

Click on the link for the full article

4 hours ago, China said:

From there, a petition was launched on Rebel Media, claiming the decision by the company is “cruel and unwarranted” and is “barring those in need from attending their camps based on a private medical decision.” To date, the petition has 19,606 signatures.

"Those in need" apparently meaning "those in need of some ethics".  And "private medical decision" as in "I want to spread a contagious disease to other people's children".  

16 hours ago, mammajamma said:

Got my booster in December, was exposed to someone in late January (helped them with their covid test as they coughed on me), and never tested positive from that

Was literally inside for 1 minute picking up food the other day without a mask on, and just tested positive with a fever and heavy cough

My point of this (anecdotal) story is it seems like they were right when they said vaccines only last about 4 months

Yeah my son just tested positive on Monday and I am dealing with definite symptoms and waiting on the results of a PCR. Our school is dealing with a sudden explosion of cases after weeks on end of literally zero.

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, mammajamma said:

27 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Yeah my son just tested positive on Monday and I am dealing with definite symptoms and waiting on the results of a PCR. Our school is dealing with a sudden explosion of cases after weeks on end of literally zero.

The newer variants of omicron are also showing they break through more easily. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mammajamma said:

My anecdotal experience proves your claim false.  

I caught it about 2 months after being boostered back around xmas.

The fact is vaccines are not 100% in that you won't get the virus.  No vaccines are.

Edited by purbeast