Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I've got a weird question for the gang...

Does anyone feel any pain at your injection sites?  I still do.  It's not bad or anything, but pushing on a specific spot on my left arm makes me go OUCH. 

It's rare, but the person who injected you could have hit a nerve which is causing the problem. 

48 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Does anyone feel any pain at your injection sites?  I still do.  It's not bad or anything, but pushing on a specific spot on my left arm makes me go OUCH. 

Well what are you pushing on it with? A fork will do that......

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Well what are you pushing on it with? A fork will do that......

A man goes into the doctor's office.  He says doc "I get this pain in my eye every time I drink coffee."

The doctor says "Take out the spoon."

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, China said:

A man goes into the doctor's office.  He says doc "I get this pain in my eye every time I drink coffee."

The doctor says "Take out the spoon."

Heard that one about iced tea.  Ha Ha. 

Yeah, I thought that about the nerve, but that would cause numbness, not pain.  

Humph. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 8:10 AM, skinsmarydu said:

If in doubt reboot... oh wait you are human and not a computer. Sorry old IT habit. :P

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I still love the fact that dip**** Rogans whole anti mask stance is based on masks not being manly. 

I guarantee it's the same with vaccines. Steroids are manly. Vaccines are for *******. 🤣

Probably the same with helmets and motorcycles.

But then something like this happened.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Moderna says updated Covid vaccine was effective against highly mutated BA.2.86 variant in trial

Moderna’s new Covid vaccine produced a strong immune response against BA.2.86, a highly mutated omicron variant that health officials are watching closely, according to clinical trial data the biotech company released Wednesday. 

The updated shot produced an 8.7-fold increase in protective antibodies against BA.2.86, which has been detected in small numbers nationwide. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention previously said the strain, also known as “Pirola,” may be more capable of escaping antibodies from earlier infections and vaccinations, but new research also suggests that the variant may be less immune-evasive than feared.

Moderna is the first out of the companies producing updated Covid jabs to release data on how its shot fares against BA.2.86. Moderna, Pfizer and Novavax are slated to roll out new vaccines targeting another omicron strain called XBB.1.5 within weeks, pending potential approvals from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

Moderna’s trial results suggest that the company’s jab will still be effective against newer variants of the virus as XBB.1.5 declines nationwide. Last month, Moderna also released clinical trial data suggesting that its new shot provides protection against the now-dominant EG.5, or “Eris,” variant and another rapidly spreading strain called FL.1.5.1. 

“Taken together with our previously communicated results showing a similarly effective response against EG.5 and FL.1.5.1 variants, these data confirm that our updated COVID-19 vaccine will continue to be an important tool for protection as we head into the fall vaccination season,” said Moderna President Stephen Hoge in a statement.

New vaccines are set to arrive as Eris and other Covid variants fuel a rise in cases and hospitalizations across the country.

Click on the link for the full article

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Florida Surgeon General warns against new COVID-19 booster shot ahead of FDA approval

No mandates, no masking and no COVID-19 restrictions. That is the message from Florida Governor Ron DeSantis as other states bring back pandemic-era measures amid a rising number of infections and hospitalizations.

“We’ve ensured that this is a free state,” DeSantis, a 2024 Republican candidate for president, said in Jacksonville Thursday.

The governor reassured parents that no increase in COVID-19 transmission will lead to school closures nor will their children be required to mask up in the classroom.

“You as a parent can send your kid to school and the school can’t force them to wear a muzzle all day,” he said to cheers in the room. “They’re allowed to breathe.”

Two years ago, DeSantis signed legislation that prohibits COVID-19 vaccine mandates in the workplace.

“We’ve enacted permanent protections against these policies now and in the future for Floridians,” DeSantis said.

NBC News reports the FDA could approve an updated booster shot as early as Friday.

“I totally get being exhausted with the whole topic of COVID after the last three years of what we’ve been through,” said Dr. Juan Dumois, a pediatric infectious disease physician at Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital.

Dumois said people should discuss with their own doctors whether they would benefit from another booster shot.

“If last time you had COVID or vaccine was a year ago, you might be the kind of person who does benefit from the new vaccine to get a boost to your immunity,” he said.

As a statewide grand jury investigates any wrongdoing related to the already existing COVID-19 vaccines, Florida Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo said Floridians should avoid getting the new one.

“There’s essentially no evidence for it,” Ladapo said during the governor’s news conference in Jacksonville. “There’s been no clinical trials done in human beings showing it benefits people. There’s been no trial showing that is a safe product for people.”

• Thumb down 1

6 minutes ago, China said:

As a statewide grand jury investigates any wrongdoing related to the already existing COVID-19 vaccines, Florida Surgeon General Dr. Joseph Ladapo said Floridians should avoid getting the new one.

“There’s essentially no evidence for it,” Ladapo said during the governor’s news conference in Jacksonville. “There’s been no clinical trials done in human beings showing it benefits people. There’s been no trial showing that is a safe product for people.”

On 9/6/2023 at 4:44 PM, China said:

Moderna says updated Covid vaccine was effective against highly mutated BA.2.86 variant in trial

Moderna’s new Covid vaccine produced a strong immune response against BA.2.86, a highly mutated omicron variant that health officials are watching closely, according to clinical trial data the biotech company released Wednesday. 

🤔

Apparently Florida is where Doctors go to be unethical and criminally stupid. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

22 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Apparently Florida is where Doctors go to be unethical and criminally stupid. 

Florida is where unethical doctors go, to be Surgeon General. 

He was picked for the job because he's a famous anti-vaxer. (His willingness to lie about trans kids, I think they found out later.)

• Thanks 2