Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Some Of Trump’s Biggest Supporters Are Ditching Him Over These Vaccine Comments

Former President Donald Trump has angered large parts of his base by taking credit for the COVID-19 vaccine roll out and dismissing their concerns about the vaccine’s safety.

Trump called in to the alternative right-wing network Real America’s Voice this week, and host David Brody raised the issue of the COVID vaccine being unsafe, citing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), which warned last week that a safety monitoring system had flagged that the shot could be linked to a type of brain stroke in older adults. Regulators in the EU and Israel have since said there is no evidence to prove this link.

Brody then asked Trump if he would effectively back up conspiracies claiming the vaccines are not as safe as regulators first claimed.

But rather than leaning into the claims that vaccines are unsafe—as he has done for decades—Trump instead touted the number of lives saved by the fast roll out of the vaccine.

“You have many reports that say the vaccines saved tens of millions of lives and without the vaccines you would have had a thing like we had in 1917,” Trump said, likely referring to the 1918 influenza pandemic.

Trump also took credit for getting the FDA to fast track the approval process from “maybe 5 or 12 years” to just nine months. He also baselessly claimed that “some say that I saved 100 million lives worldwide,” even though there is no evidence to suggest anyone ever made such a claim.

Trump’s comments quickly riled up the anti-vax community, which has a large overlap with his own base.

Among those to blast Trump for his latest comments supporting the COVID vaccine was Ed Dowd, an author who has spread disinformation related to the pandemic, including a book that baselessly linked sudden deaths to the COVID vaccine.

“Unfortunately, Trump is still hanging his hat on this vaccine,” Dowd told conspiracy theorist Alex Jones in an interview Thursday, adding: “That guy needs to get off this asap or he’s done.”

Jones replied: “He’s almost autistic when it comes to admitting he’s wrong.” 

One of the loudest voices speaking out against Trump this week was Tracy Beanz, a right-wing talking head and one of the earliest promoters of the QAnon conspiracy theory, who said the former president’s defense of the vaccine is unacceptable and that he should be aware of the conspiracy theories about it being linked to death.

Click on the link for the full article

5 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

I could see it.  

What we've got, is a disease that seems to spike when people go indoors.  And a vaccine who's efficacy seems to decay over time.  

That's why I got my booster, and the flu shot, in September.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 2:09 AM, Larry said:

I could see it.  

What we've got, is a disease that seems to spike when people go indoors.  And a vaccine who's efficacy seems to decay over time.  

That's why I got my booster, and the flu shot, in September.  

So did I, October for me. Now I have Covid again. For the third time. At least the first time there wasn't a vaccine. I know the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting it necessarily but I'm getting a little bummed out I keep getting it.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

NEWS: Moderna CEO Agrees to Testify in Senate HELP Committee

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, announced on Wednesday that Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel will testify next month in front of the committee for a hearing entitled, “Taxpayers Paid Billions For It: So Why Would Moderna Consider Quadrupling the Price of the COVID Vaccine?”

In January, Sanders wrote to Bancel – who became a billionaire after U.S. taxpayers gave his company billions of dollars to research, develop, and distribute its Covid-19 vaccine – urging the chief executive to refrain from more than quadrupling the price of the vaccine to as much as $130 while it costs just $2.85 to manufacture. “As you know, the federal government, over the years, has supported Moderna every step of the way going back to 2013 when your company reportedly only had three employees,” Sanders wrote at the time. “Now, in the midst of a continuing public health crisis and a growing federal deficit, is not the time for Moderna to be quadrupling the price of this vaccine. Now is not the time for unacceptable corporate greed.”

Idaho lawmakers introduce legislation to criminalize those who administer COVID vaccines

Two Idaho lawmakers have introduced a bill to charge those who administer mRNA vaccines with a misdemeanor.

Sen. Tammy Nichols, R-Middleton, and Rep. Judy Boyle, R-Midvale, sponsored HB 154. It was introduced in the House Health & Welfare Committee on Feb. 15 by Nichols. According to the bill text, "A person may not provide or administer a vaccine developed using messenger ribonucleic acid technology for use in an individual or any other mammal in this state."

That person would then be charged with a misdemeanor.

Nichols said during her presentation to the committee, "We have issues this was fast tracked."

Nichols said there is no liability, informed consent or data on mRNA vaccines. She later clarified she was referring to the two COVID-19 vaccines, Pfizer and Moderna.

"I think there is a lot of information that comes out with concerns to blood clots and heart issues," Nichols said. 

Rep. Ilana Rubel, D-Boise, questioned Nichols' statement that the vaccines were fast-tracked. She said her understanding was that the vaccines were approved and survived the testing, later approved by the FDA.

Nichols said she is finding it "may not have been done like we thought it should've been done."

"There are other shots we could utilize that don't have mRNA in it," Nichols said.

So what are these non-mRNA shots that could have been used?  Shooting people up with ivermectin?

• Haha 2

Florida surgeon general fudged data for dubious COVID analysis, tipster says

Florida's health department opened and then closed an investigation into the state's polarizing surgeon general, Joseph Ladapo, after a tipster claiming to have insider knowledge alleged that Ladapo "manipulated data" and committed "scientific fraud" in his final edits to what became a contentious, widely panned analysis on COVID-19 vaccine safety in young men.

That's all according to a report by Politico, which reviewed state documents on the investigation, including the original complaint from the tipster. Those documents appear to raise more questions than answers regarding the accusations and the health department's investigation. According to the documents, the Florida Department of Health’s inspector general opened an investigation in November of last year but closed it at an undisclosed time because the anonymous complainant didn't respond to follow-up questions.

The dubious analysis at the center of the controversy was posted online last October by the health department. Oddly, though, it did not list any authors or bear the health department's letterhead or other identifiers. Ladapo used the analysis as the basis for the state's concerning recommendation that males aged 18 to 39 should not receive an mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine. That recommendation goes against the recommendations of all other major health organizations, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

As Ars previously reported, the analysis was roundly criticized by outside epidemiologists and other health experts, who described it as "utter rubbish," "extremely misleading," "comically bad," "seriously flawed," and "the absolute most bat**** study design and analysis plan I have ever seen." Others noted that the conclusion "smells of p-hacking" and data cherry-picking.

In a particularly stinging assessment, Ladapo's former mentor at Harvard University, health economist David Cutler, bluntly told The Washington Post last year, "If I was a reviewer at a journal, I would recommend rejecting it." Cutler echoed other experts in calling the analysis deeply flawed, and he worried it would wrongly discourage people from getting vaccinated against COVID-19. "Anytime you tell people to do something incorrect, you risk causing harm," Cutler said.

The anonymous complaint to the Florida health department's inspector general suggests that some staff at the department may have been equally alarmed by the analysis—which could explain why it doesn't bear any of their names.

Florida county Republican Party votes to ban the COVID-19 vaccine

The "Ban the jab" resolution passed with a majority vote in the Lee County Republican Party and will now head to Governor Ron DeSantis' desk.

This comes after a member of the Lee County Republican Party wrote a resolution for the executive committee to consider. Joe Sansone argued the risks of the COVID vaccine are not worth it.

Sansone so far as to label the vaccine a bioweapon.

"The Lee County Republican Party is going to be on the vanguard of this campaign to stop the genocide because we have foreign non governmental entities that are unleashing biological weapons on the American people," he said.

Because the Republican Party of Lee County has no power per so, DeSantis can just ignore it if he chooses. 

* blinks at the notion of "The county Republican Party passed a resolution, so it goes to the Governor's desk"  

And for what it's worth, the anti-vaxers that Desantis put in charge of the Florida Department of Health have been pushing things like that for over a year, using FDOH messaging.  

• Cooked Crack changed the title to The Vaccine Thread
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...