Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Efficacy of Ivermectin Treatment on Disease Progression Among Adults With Mild to Moderate COVID-19 and Comorbidities

Key Points

Question  Does adding ivermectin, an inexpensive and widely available antiparasitic drug, to the standard of care reduce the risk of severe disease in patients with COVID-19 and comorbidities?

Findings  In this open-label randomized clinical trial of high-risk patients with COVID-19 in Malaysia, a 5-day course of oral ivermectin administered during the first week of illness did not reduce the risk of developing severe disease compared with standard of care alone.

Meaning  The study findings do not support the use of ivermectin for patients with COVID-19.

5 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Efficacy of Ivermectin Treatment on Disease Progression Among Adults With Mild to Moderate COVID-19 and Comorbidities

Key Points

Question  Does adding ivermectin, an inexpensive and widely available antiparasitic drug, to the standard of care reduce the risk of severe disease in patients with COVID-19 and comorbidities?

Findings  In this open-label randomized clinical trial of high-risk patients with COVID-19 in Malaysia, a 5-day course of oral ivermectin administered during the first week of illness did not reduce the risk of developing severe disease compared with standard of care alone.

Meaning  The study findings do not support the use of ivermectin for patients with COVID-19.

People who won't believe or listen to the science regarding vaccines aren't going to believe or listen to the science around ivermectin.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1dHZ7Pn5Cf-sdWLOntWO

Edited by China
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

Got my booster yesterday, arm still hurts, but not as sick as second shot.

Any word on if we are going to need a 4th shot or if there's truth to shots beyond 4 not being that effective?  I asked the pharmacist this question and she sighed, said she's been stuck doing her own research and isn't sure yet, no one above her has clarified.

She also said she hadn't got her booster yet because it was scheduled in Jan, but got COVID, so we had a total "Me too" moment : )

200 (2).gif

My friend says a friend of hers got covid and Texas doctor prescribed Ivermectin, megadose first day and took for five days and was cured. 

She also claims that when vaccine was first out the claim was people vaccinated would never get covid. I told her that wasn't what I heard from the beginning and I knew that if a vaccinated person got covid it wouldn't be severe. She then said she knew the real story and wasn't going to argue with me.

Anyone remember that we were told from the beginning that we could still get covid if vaccinated!

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

My friend says a friend of hers got covid and Texas doctor prescribed Ivermectin, megadose first day and took for five days and was cured. 

She also claims that when vaccine was first out the claim was people vaccinated would never get covid. I told her that wasn't what I heard from the beginning and I knew that if a vaccinated person got covid it wouldn't be severe. She then said she knew the real story and wasn't going to argue with me.

Anyone remember that we were told from the beginning that we could still get covid if vaccinated!

Get the vaccine so you don't spread the virus is what I remember. I think the people who actually understood how vaccines work knew you could still get the virus but your immune system was ready for the fight in case you get covid-19. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Nobody claimed the Covid vaccines were 100% effective.  No health care treatment is 100% effective.  There is no vaccine that is 100% effective.

Here's a story from 1/14/21 and another from 12/20

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210114-covid-19-how-effective-is-a-single-vaccine-dose

https://hive.rochesterregional.org/2020/12/effectiveness-of-covid-vaccines

At the time, the Pfizer vaccine was thought to be 95% effective with two doses.

But nobody would have also said that Covid couldn't evolve and so it has.  The vaccines have then been less effective against Omicron and delta so the percent effectiveness is not 95% against the most common strains today.  They were 95% effective based on early clinical trials for what they were designed for.

Also from the start, it was understood that immunity would wane with time.

This link back to 11/20 talks about the need to get the vaccine out quickly.

https://hms.harvard.edu/news/how-effective-will-covid-19-vaccines-be

Which didn't really happen where much of the world still hasn't been vaccinated partly because of vaccine hesitancy, partly do to infrastructure, and partly do to cost.  A large scale and fast implementation of the vaccine would have lessened the chances of Covid evolving resistance the vaccine.  They don't talk about it in those terms, but that's the point.

Here's something from 12/20 talking about how we don't know how long immunity from vaccination will last.  In the initial test, it was 95% effective.  But those tests were over short periods of time.  Over time it was expected the effectiveness of the vaccine would go down even if Covid didn't mutate.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/12/18/how-long-will-immunity-last-after-getting-a-coronavirus-vaccine/

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Thanks guys, that's what I remember. I'm vaccinated and boosted once. I'm really careful around people, masked and distanced as much as possible. Grocery store is the most fraught place I visit a few times a month. I plan on boosters when available as I'm 70. ****, even the Queen of England has covid.

My friend is losing it. She's influenced by the conspiracy theories on YouTube.  It's getting so I can't really have a conversation with her if it involves a conspiracy theory of some sort. She's not a Trumper but man, those YouTube videos.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Something like that.  It all depends if they hit the right strains or not.  I know this years is something like 26%.

Thanks and that shot is a vaccination.

So I'm still at a loss why anyone thinks the covid vaccine would be 100% effective and point to breakthrough cases as a reason for not getting it. 

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Thanks and that shot is a vaccination.

So I'm still at a loss why anyone thinks the covid vaccine would be 100% effective and point to breakthrough cases as a reason for not getting it. 

“Americans are a stupid people, by and large. We pretty much believe whatever we’re told.”

• Like 1

A National Vaccine Pass Has Quietly Rolled Out – And Red States Are Getting On Board

Even as the omicron variant loosens its grip on the world, destinations continue to require travelers to show proof of vaccination. And, increasingly, a paper CDC vaccination card is not cutting it.

While the United States government has not issued a federal digital vaccine pass, a national standard has nevertheless emerged. To date, 21 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico offer accessibility to the SMART Health Card, a verifiable digital proof of vaccination developed through the Vaccination Credential Initiative (VCI), a global coalition of public and private stakeholders including Microsoft, Salesforce, Oracle, the Mayo Clinic and other health and tech heavyweights.

And very soon, at least four more states will be rolling out access to SMART Health Cards. “We've seen a notable uptick in states that have officially launched public portals where individuals can get verifiable vaccination credentials in the form of SMART Health Cards with a QR code,” says Brian Anderson, co-founder of the VCI and chief digital health physician at MITRE. 

There is already an impressively widespread availability of SMART Health Cards in the U.S. More than 200 million Americans can now download, print or store their vaccination records as a QR code. When the QR code is pulled up, only the individual’s name, date of birth and vaccination information is visible. No other medical information or personal data is shared. This code is also digitally signed to ensure that the card was issued from a verified location and to prevent forgery.

For individuals, the benefits of having access to personal digital vaccine record is three-fold. First, it’s a huge plus for travel in the U.S. and abroad.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Counting down until it is declared illegal in Florida. 

That happened last year, unless you want to count backwards...

These States Have Banned Vaccine Passports

Vaccine Passports in Florida

Vaccine passports are banned in this state.

Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis was one of the first governors to issue an executive order related to vaccine passports. His action, issued on April 2, ordered that no state government entity be permitted to issue "vaccine passports, vaccine passes or other standardized documentation for the purpose of certifying an individual's COVID-19 vaccination status to a third party." The order also prohibits businesses from requiring similar documentation to enter or get services from a business. DeSantis also signed into law a similar bill – as described by the National Conference of State Legislatures – from the state Legislature in early May.

Click on the link for the rest

Scientists seek to solve mystery of why some people do not catch Covid

Most people know someone who has stubbornly resisted catching Covid, despite everyone around them falling sick. Precisely how they do this remains a mystery, but scientists are beginning to find some clues.

The hope is that identifying these mechanisms could lead to the development of drugs that not only protect people from catching Covid, but also prevent them from passing it on.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/02/scientists-seek-to-solve-mystery-of-why-some-people-do-not-catch-covid

I’ve am definitely one of these people!

Edited by ClaytoAli