Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, FrFan said:

Macron is a little arrogant contemptuous prick. He doesn't care about vax he cares about being reelected. That's why he's insulting people to raise the hatred, trying to force the undecided republicans voters to put a ballot for the far-right LePen and Zemmour. His dream is to face them during the second round to ensure his reelection.

What a supreme lousy strategy.We all know that when we want to convince people to do something the best way is to insult them, and telling them they are no longer citizens !, whilst all the french convicted binational terrorists got a free pass !👏

Absolute contemptible, undignified attitude from a president. He follows the footsteps of his master Machiavelli.

On December 15th he apologized on national Tv for being arrogant and contemptuous he said he learned his lesson and won't do it again !!!! đŸ€ą

I remember when this guy was hyping up Hydroxychloroquine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I knew I remembered some conspiracy nonsense from that account. I thought it was the Richmond burning to the ground thing or something like that. 

• Like 1

I spoke with a colleague of mine earlier today, who is French.  I mentioned the Macron thing.  She was like "yea, he's totally right."  

Then she took a jab at America for only being 2/3 vaxxed.  I would call it a microaggression, but it actually sounded nice with the accent.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

His nickname is Mister "at the same time" meaning he can't make any decision when it matters the most. As you said he went down to Marseille to visit Raoult and in the mean time he ordered his super lousy minister of health (the one who said masks are useless) to prohibit MDs from prescribing hydroxychloroquine.

Edited by FrFan

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Abbott is a moron. F him.

Maybe. But in this case, I think he's a politician completely without morality who believes (and maybe correctly) that harming the country helps his next campaign. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, China said:

'He Is Not Your Commander-in-Chief:' Texas Governor Promises Guardsmen He'll Fight Biden Over Vaccine Mandate

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is digging in against COVID-19 vaccinations and related mandates, telling National Guardsmen in his state they can ignore Pentagon inoculation rules and will not face any retribution for not getting coronavirus vaccines.

I know, it's probably just a fantasy.  

But I'm imagining Biden activating the entire Texas National Guard, to deal with the crisis represented by the contagious disease which is killing 1,500 Americans a day.  And the threat posed by lying politicians who are intentionally harming the country in the belief that they can harm the country, and blame somebody else for the damage.  

And their orders are to get vaccinated.  Right now, in the mess hall.  

And then stand down.  (Until the 2nd dose is due.)  

CDC recommends Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine boosters for children as young as 12

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated its recommendations for the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine booster on Wednesday to include children as young as 12, at least five months after they finish the primary vaccine series.

On Monday, the FDA expanded the emergency use authorization for Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine boosters to children ages 12 to 15. The CDC's Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) voted 13-1 earlier Wednesday in favor of recommending the expanded use of Covid-19 boosters for children in this age group.

The CDC had authorized the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine for use as a booster in ages 16 and 17 in December.

"It is critical that we protect our children and teens from COVID-19 infection and the complications of severe disease," CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said in a news release.

Click on the link for the full article

NC hospitals say nearly all COVID-19 patients on ventilators are unvaccinated

Doctors from Duke, UNC-REX and WakeMed hospitals all echoed the same three messages on Thursday: get vaccinated, get boosted and avoid emergency rooms if you aren't seriously ill.

The joint news conference comes alongside another day of record new cases of the virus in North Carolina. On Thursday, a record 24,292 new cases were reported, with 30.1% of tests returning positive over the past 24 hours.

"I think we are going to keep setting new records for COVID cases here in North Carolina for some time to come," said Dr. Mark McClellan, a former FDA commissioner who now heads the Margolis Center for Health Policy at Duke University. "Nationally, we are averaging over 500,000 recorded cases per week. I think those numbers are going to go up considerably to 800,000 or 900,000 perhaps over the next week or two."

Getting vaccinated and boosted is the key to staying out of hospitals or becoming seriously ill from coronavirus, all three physicians urged. At WakeMed and UNC hospitals, 100% of COVID-19 patients on ventilators are unvaccinated, they said.

3 minutes ago, China said:

NC hospitals say nearly all COVID-19 patients on ventilators are unvaccinated

Doctors from Duke, UNC-REX and WakeMed hospitals all echoed the same three messages on Thursday: get vaccinated, get boosted and avoid emergency rooms if you aren't seriously ill.

The joint news conference comes alongside another day of record new cases of the virus in North Carolina. On Thursday, a record 24,292 new cases were reported, with 30.1% of tests returning positive over the past 24 hours.

"I think we are going to keep setting new records for COVID cases here in North Carolina for some time to come," said Dr. Mark McClellan, a former FDA commissioner who now heads the Margolis Center for Health Policy at Duke University. "Nationally, we are averaging over 500,000 recorded cases per week. I think those numbers are going to go up considerably to 800,000 or 900,000 perhaps over the next week or two."

Getting vaccinated and boosted is the key to staying out of hospitals or becoming seriously ill from coronavirus, all three physicians urged. At WakeMed and UNC hospitals, 100% of COVID-19 patients on ventilators are unvaccinated, they said.

And, since you can’t get a test here for a week, numbers are probably quite a bit higher, like me.

I still have yet to need a test.  I haven't felt "off" or anything.   Until I do, I'm not gonna panic. 

My mom said I'd be fine as long as I stay vigilant with masking and keeping my hands clean (and she knows I'm all about that, she used to joke me as a teenager that I didn't like my hands getting dirty, but what pianist does? :ols:) 

I think we may have found a way to encourage vaccination:

First-dose vaccinations quadruple in Quebec ahead of restrictions at liquor and cannabis stores

The number of appointments for the first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine has risen sharply this week in Quebec, according to Health Minister Christian Dubé.

In a brief message posted to social media Friday morning, Dubé notes that in the last few days, appointments for first doses have increased from 1,500 per day to more than 6,000.

The minister took a moment to thank those who finally decided to get vaccinated, reiterating that it is never too late to receive a first dose of vaccine.

Thursday, Dubé announced that vaccine passports would be required to enter Société des alcools du Québec (SAQ) and Société québécoise du cannabis (SQDC) locations starting Jan. 18.

He explains the decision was made to curb an increase in cases of the highly contagious Omicron variant.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I would probably pronounce it in French. 

Which REALLY isn't funny at all. 😬

Seven years of French through HS and College, I immediately read it as Doo-bay, but couldn’t resist the opportunity to give Beal the ole nudge, nudge, wink, wink.