Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Dude sounded like a ****ing moron when he explained his refusal to get vaccinated. It drives me nuts when people say "I'm a critical thinker. I did a lot of research and made a decision to not get vaccinated."

Well, not all research is created equal, dip-ass. Where did you get your "research"? Your Facebook feed? Twitter? Infowars? For some reason I have doubts that it was respected medical journals.

And then he went full throttle stupid and started talking about being "cancelled by the woke mob." Is he angling for a job at Fox News or OAN after he retires?

I was more talking about the Rise of Skywalker hoodie.  That movie is trash and actually wearing gear from it is beyond the pale.

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

‘Strong’ start to kids vaccine campaign, but challenges loom

The campaign to vaccinate elementary school age children in the U.S. is off to a strong start, health officials said Wednesday, but experts say there are signs that it will be difficult to sustain the initial momentum.

About 900,000 kids aged 5 to 11 will have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in their first week of eligibility, the White House said, providing the first glimpse at the pace of the school-aged vaccination campaign.

“We’re off to a very strong start,” said White House COVID-19 coordinator Jeff Zients, during a briefing with reporters.

Final clearance for the shots was granted by federal regulators on Nov. 2, with the first doses to kids beginning in some locations the following day.

The estimated increase in vaccinations in elementary school age children appears similar to a jump seen in May, when adolescents ages 12 to 15 became eligible for shots.

Now nearly 20,000 pharmacies, clinics and physicians’ offices are administering the doses to younger kids, and the Biden administration estimates that by the end of Wednesday more than 900,000 of the kid doses will have been administered. Additionally about 700,000 first-shot appointments are scheduled for the coming days.

About 28 million 5 to 11-year-olds are now eligible for the low-dose Pfizer vaccine. Kids who get their first of two shots by the end of next week will be fully vaccinated by Christmas.

The administration is encouraging schools to host vaccine clinics on site to make it even easier for kids to get shots. The White House is also asking schools to share information from “trusted messengers” like doctors and public health officials to combat misinformation around the vaccines.

A initial surge in demand for vaccinations was expected from parents who have been waiting for the chance to protect their younger kids, especially before the holidays.

Click on the link for the full article

10 hours ago, Simmsy said:

How do you guys feel about this covid pill? Now these nubs have even more reason not to get a shot.

If it takes the stress off of hospitals, then great.  I don’t understand it enough to whether or not it will protect from further mutations.  That’s the drawback if vaccination numbers don’t increase.

Officer dies of COVID while on leave for missing California city’s vaccine deadline

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officer-dies-covid-while-leave-215422946.html

A California police officer died of COVID-19 while he was on leave for not meeting San Francisco’s Nov. 1 vaccination deadline, according to media outlets.

San Francisco Police Department Officer Jack Nyce tested positive for the virus on Nov. 2 and died Saturday, Nov. 6, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. His symptoms were so severe on Nov. 6 that he was taken to a hospital in an ambulance and died later that day.

Nyce, 47, had worked for the San Francisco Police Department for over 17 years.

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Officer dies of COVID while on leave for missing California city’s vaccine deadline

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officer-dies-covid-while-leave-215422946.html

A California police officer died of COVID-19 while he was on leave for not meeting San Francisco’s Nov. 1 vaccination deadline, according to media outlets.

San Francisco Police Department Officer Jack Nyce tested positive for the virus on Nov. 2 and died Saturday, Nov. 6, the San Francisco Chronicle reported. His symptoms were so severe on Nov. 6 that he was taken to a hospital in an ambulance and died later that day.

Nyce, 47, had worked for the San Francisco Police Department for over 17 years.

I tried to feel bad for him, but nothing happened.....

• Like 1

Kind of strange how the booster did not really have much side effects on me at all.

Last night I felt a tad off, almost like how you feel when you feel a bug coming on, but I took some ibuprofen around 8pm and also had a couple drinks during the Caps game, but by like 9pm I felt fine.

Woke up this morning and feel pretty much normal.  Shoulder isn't even sore at all and never was, unlike my first 2.  I feel it a bit if I push on the injection site on my shoulder, but the injection site of my normal flu shot feels it more if I put pressure on that one.  First 2 I could feel it big time if I just moved my arm/shoulder and second one was ridiculously sore.  

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Kind of strange how the booster did not really have much side effects on me at all.

Last night I felt a tad off, almost like how you feel when you feel a bug coming on, but I took some ibuprofen around 8pm and also had a couple drinks during the Caps game, but by like 9pm I felt fine.

Woke up this morning and feel pretty much normal.  Shoulder isn't even sore at all and never was, unlike my first 2.  I feel it a bit if I push on the injection site on my shoulder, but the injection site of my normal flu shot feels it more if I put pressure on that one.  First 2 I could feel it big time if I just moved my arm/shoulder and second one was ridiculously sore.  

Pretty much the same for me. I felt a little tired almost exactly 24 hours after the shot. I took a 30 minute nap & have felt fine since then. A little bit of a sore arm but that's it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Pretty much the same for me. I felt a little tired almost exactly 24 hours after the shot. I took a 30 minute nap & have felt fine since then. A little bit of a sore arm but that's it. 

Same with me. I was quite surprised with the lack of side effects.  

• Thumb up 1