Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

2 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

So...what's the plan for a booster shot (re: tracking via card)? I'm reading they're recommending a booster of Pfizer if you got the J&J vaccine (along with those who got Pfizer & are 65+).

I'll be 65 in January & got the J&J in March. I want to get it now...

im not expert nor do claim one (I help with the non medical part of the clinics), so will only talk about the cards and how we did it / doing it.

For the cards I can tell you that at the clinic i help at, if you have your card we will fill it out and use the space marked "other" for the booster.

If you DON'T have your card -but got the 1st two shots with us (same clinic) we will make you a new one with the booster in others.

If you don't have your card AND you didn't get one of the two shots from us -we give you the website for VA dept of health vaccine records (Which has all shots in va). and if you got it out of state - we tell you to reach out to your state to get your record.  We wont fill out info on your card that we did not do.  

Another reason the cards wont last much longer. I do strongly recommend you get digital proof of your vaccine and your state record. 

https://www.va.gov/health-care/covid-19-vaccine/vaccine-record/

that is for VA. Every state is different.  

• Like 1

Goodbye, and good riddance

This is for those of you who’ve chosen to quit your jobs rather than submit to a vaccine mandate.

No telling how many of you there actually are, but lately, you’re all over the news. Just last week, a nearly-30-year veteran of the San Jose Police Department surrendered his badge rather than comply with the city’s requirement that all employees be inoculated against COVID-19. He joins an Army lieutenant colonel, some airline employees, a Major League Baseball executive, the choral director of the San Francisco Symphony, workers at the tax collector’s office in Orange County, Florida, and, incredibly, dozens of health care professionals.

Well, on behalf of the rest of us, the ones who miss concerts, restaurants and other people’s faces, the ones who are sick and tired of living in pandemic times, here’s a word of response to you quitters: Goodbye.

And here’s two more: Good riddance.

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/goodbye-and-good-riddance/

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 8

They walked young conservative chick today for not complying to the vaccine mandate. And I have my own office now cause we haven't seen conservative work roomie in about 2 weeks. I don't think his absence is covid related, but I know he wont be back unless get gets the Fauci Ouchy sooooooooo same difference? 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Pfizer Submits Favorable Initial Data To The FDA On Kids' COVID-19 Vaccine Trial

Pfizer and BioNTech are another step closer to seeking authorization for young children to receive the COVID-19 coronavirus vaccine, submitting data to the Food and Drug Administration that shows a "robust" antibody response and "favorable" safety outcomes in kids ages 5 to 11 who received the two-dose regimen in clinical trials.

The companies plan to submit a formal request for emergency-use authorization of the vaccine for that age range "in the coming weeks," they said Tuesday.

News of the data submission comes a week after Pfizer announced promising results from the trials, which have been closely watched by parents eager to protect their children from the coronavirus. COVID-19 has now killed more than 690,000 people in the U.S., with millions more sickened by the disease.

The trial, one of several companies are conducting for children in three different age groups, included 2,268 participants.

Children received two vaccine doses of 10 micrograms — notably smaller than the pair of 30-microgram doses used in an earlier successful trial for people 16 to 25 years old. The smaller vaccine dose "was carefully selected as the preferred dose for safety, tolerability and immunogenicity," the companies said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

LeBron seems like a good enough dude, but anyone saying they "did their own research"... Bull. ****. 

I can't see him plopping down at his computer, citing sources, reading articles and making sure there was unbiased information. Research? Or just scrolling Twitter? :P

Edited by TheMalcolmConnection
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

Little case study in COVID spread. My mother in law’s 10yr old became symptomatic and tested positive on 9/14. She (vaccinated) and her husband (not vaccinated) isolated in their own house and kept their son in his room throughout the quarantine period. They went to the doctor and got his tested on 9/24. She got a test too, both came back negative.

Since my mother in law watches our kids and she didn’t get a more reliable PCR test on Friday, we asked her to get a PCR test before returning. She tested 9/27, 13 days after her son became symptomatic, and it came back positive. She is asymptomatic at this point, but we’re worried about her husband again since they ceased isolation once their negative tests came back on Friday. 

2 hours ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

LeBron seems like a good enough dude, but anyone saying they "did their own research"... Bull. ****. 

I can't see him plopping down at his computer, citing sources, reading articles and making sure there was unbiased information. Research? Or just scrolling Twitter? :P

I agree with the sentiment but think that's a bit harsh.  If he ended up getting the vax, it means he did do some bona fide "research," whether talking to people in his circle (which probably includes some really smart folks) or just reading the legitimate news.  Research does not have to be limited to reading peer-reviewed scientific articles.  I didn't do that either.  I talked to my neighbor and good friend, a doctor, and I read ES. :)

End of the day, everyone did their own "research" (using that term as broadly as possible), some just did it better than others.  LeBron coming out saying that he got it probably has a positive impact, especially among the black community who are lagging behind.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheMalcolmConnection said:

His research could have been as basic as talking to his doctor, reading the CDC website, listening to Fauci, etc.