Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

27 minutes ago, purbeast said:

That is just false and a couple games have come with 2 bluray discs to get around the limitation of 50gb per disc. 

They aren't forced to do anything and games aren't shipped "broken" as far as single player games go.  There have been cases where multiplayer was shipped "broken" or incomplete and an update was required to even play multiplayer, but that isn't an issue for obvious reasons.

There have however been single player games on Switch that DO require downloads, such as Spyro Collection, where just part 1 was included on the disc and parts 2 and 3 must be downloaded.  However it does say that right on the box so it shouldn't be a surprise for anyone, although I'm sure it still definitely is a surprise because that is just not something you expect.

6356290_sd.jpg

I don't know what to tell you dude. Every time I play a new game it requires an update and sometimes download of additional content out of the box. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

I don't know what to tell you dude. Every time I play a new game it requires an update and sometimes download of additional content out of the box. 

It doesn't "require" the update to play the game.  They are just day 1 patches.

Turn off your network on your console and the game will play just fine.

10 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Picked up 13 Sentinels Aegis Rim, Mafia 1 Definitive Edition, Yakuza Like a Dragon, and Nioh 2 in this BF sale. All 4 for the PS4. 

Set for awhile until the new systems become more readily available.  

Just finished Mafia 1 last week. The gameplay is definitely dated/mediocre (still fun)  but the story definitely hooked me and I couldn't stop playing. I liked it so much I "upgraded" to the Trilogy after I finished the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

i mean they have to recover all the marketing money lost advertising this game with a release date months ago lol

I'm still hesitant to believe they're still rolling it out. The wounds run deep. Still expecting a twitter post saying "Yeeeeaaaaaaah, about that. See you in June!"

• Like 1

It would appear that KCD is a ****ing massive ass game. Just cleared the bandit stronghold north of Talmberg after the raid, and now I'm apparently tasked with rebuilding it. All of it.

Guess it's time to make use of all that money I've accumulated through hustling,  swindling, tourney fighting, thieving,  and of course, sadistic, cold blooded murder.

• Like 1

Just finished Gears 5. Man that was awesome. Felt like a return to form for the series. I think 1-2 were amazing. 3 was pretty good but wasn’t a perfect finish to the trilogy. 4 was fun but just wasn’t quite there. 5 is just awesome. A personal story, focusing on Kait over Marcus’ son JD was a great decision. She’s a terrific lead and the story unfolds in some unexpected ways but kind of serves to reset the universe. Had several surprises and touched on iconic moments of the past. Graphically gorgeous too. They have a couple moments where there are open areas to travel through and you can choose to do some extra missions for gear. It’s a nice change of pace and let’s the characters interact and develop a bit out of the action. Plus it sets up some really great set pieces at some of the stops along the way. 

The gameplay is top notch. There are few games that can match the intensity of the gears campaign and this one has some of the best level design for its fights in the series history. Nothing quite like being pinned down behind a column with bullets flying past you, blind firing to push them into cover, bouncing around to their side while they reload and sticking a chainsaw bayonet in their back. It’s too much fun. 

also, horde mode is still a blast. I love playing solo taking on wave after wave. 

Spoiler

Really curious to see how they handle “the choice” you have to make at the end of the game. I assume they’ll just have to make one of the decisions to be canon going forward since they aren’t going to mass effect this thing and have individual choices carry over into the next game. It was an interesting idea to insert in this series 

This is kind of off topic, but I'm hoping that you guys can help me out.

I heard Louis Riddick commentating this week and was convinced that he was the voice of Kent Connolly (the ghoul from Fallout 4 who gives you the Silver Shroud quest when you go to the Memory Den).

A quick Google showed this to be wrong, but that accent sounds amazing to my English ears. Is that a typical Boston accent, and if so, do Boston women talk like that?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I heard Louis Riddick commentating this week and was convinced that he was the voice of Kent Connolly (the ghoul from Fallout 4 who gives you the Silver Shroud quest when you go to the Memory Den).

A quick Google showed this to be wrong, but that accent sounds amazing to my English ears. Is that a typical Boston accent, and if so, do Boston women talk like that?

Wow...don't think I've ever heard the words Boston accent and amazing in the same sentence...bravo. doing that is an accomplishment

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, London Kev said:

I imagine it's more notorious in the South Boston area, but probably most of the Boston lifers sound like that.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Wow...don't think I've ever heard the words Boston accent and amazing in the same sentence...bravo. doing that is an accomplishment

It's probably the same way that some Americans find the "British" (posh, west London) accent nice to listen to, while other Brits find it annoying. My south London accent is very different from this, I suppose I sound like a cross between Ray Winstone and Russell Brand.

All a bit off topic though. But if Boston women talk like that...... Seri, book me a flight to Boston, I'm going out on the pull!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

It's probably the same way that some Americans find the "British" (posh, west London) accent nice to listen to, while other Brits find it annoying. My south London accent is very different from this, I suppose I sound like a cross between Ray Winstone and Russell Brand.

All a bit off topic though. But if Boston women talk like that...... Seri, book me a flight to Boston, I'm going out on the pull!

Hmmm...last time a Brit tried to go all prima nocta on a southie it didn't end well for them...

Lol

• Haha 1