Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

this years madden is the best in years. the physics are crazy. 

Really? I haven’t played it in years, but everything I have read is saying it is one of the worst. 

I stick to Mutant Football League these days. It’s way cheaper than Madden and the dynasty is great. It plays almost like a NFL Blitz game. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Really? I haven’t played it in years, but everything I have read is saying it is one of the worst. 

I stick to Mutant Football League these days. It’s way cheaper than Madden and the dynasty is great. It plays almost like a NFL Blitz game. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I get Madden every year and this year's has great physics and the suiperstar mode is fun. Sure there are some flaws but they are mostly minor and cosmetic

• Like 2

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I'd wait until the Switch 2 comes out.  Nintendo has said that it will support the Switch up until 2025.  

The only drawback is the Switch 2 allegedly won't have the OLED screen that some of the newer Switch 1's have. Might make a difference to some people (who truly play it mobile vs docking). 

25 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The only drawback is the Switch 2 allegedly won't have the OLED screen that some of the newer Switch 1's have. Might make a difference to some people (who truly play it mobile vs docking). 

True.  Just to casually game though, if I wanted something right now I'm probably going with a Steamdeck or one of their competitors (depending how much money I'm willing to spend).  If I've waited this long and not purchased a Switch, I'm fine with waiting a year to get the next gen model.  

1 minute ago, purbeast said:

Link to them saying this?

I suspect he is referencing this quote.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/10/nintendo-president-reiterates-switch-software-support-into-fy2425#:~:text=Having launched in March 2017," (Thanks%2C VGC).

Having launched in March 2017, the Switch is already over halfway into its seventh year on the market. Asked whether the console's lifecycle could be lengthened even further, Furukawa reconfirmed that the company is "still working on software for the Switch for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2025.

Which technically doesn't actually say that it won't be supported after March 2025

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

This is kind of dope. Especially if you still have N64 cartridges laying around (does not play roms). 

Kinda cool, but I'm skeptical that there's much point in upscaling graphics of that era to 4k. I'm not familiar with their earlier consoles so I don't have anything to judge by. 

Also, I still have a working N64, so no way I'd be able to justify buying this. Cool if it works though. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I read one article stating Nintendo confirmed that.  Officially, they said through March 2025  https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/10/nintendo-president-reiterates-switch-software-support-into-fy2425

Yah that doesn't say they won't support it after 25, just that they are currently making games that will come out in 2025. I can see the confusion though.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Kinda cool, but I'm skeptical that there's much point in upscaling graphics of that era to 4k. I'm not familiar with their earlier consoles so I don't have anything to judge by. 

Also, I still have a working N64, so no way I'd be able to justify buying this. Cool if it works though. 

If you're curious, you can always run an emulator.  I haven't done N64 emulation in awhile, but I'm sure they can upscale these days.  I know the Gamecube/Wii emulator (Dolphin) upscales fantastically.

On the N64 front, there is a PC-native port of Ocarina Of Time now (called Ship Of Harkinian, and it was made by a bunch of ****-posting memers) which can run in 4k resolution, and it definitely makes a difference.  Even without hi-res textures, just getting sharper edges is very noticeable.  Neat thing with Ship of Harkinian, though, is that it not only upscales, it also supports high-resolution texture mods (though that's also nothing that emulators don't already do), and even cooler is that it supports 3D model mods and people are making high-polygon model packs for the game.  Or in some instances replacing the models with something else entirely... like Master Chief instead of Link and a tank instead of Epona.

soh_compressed.mkv

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

The problem with upscaling the N64 games to 4k is the textures are very low quality.  The polygons won't be an issue at all and they will look good, But when you have some textures covering the polys, that is where you will see pretty poor graphics.  

On 10/3/2023 at 3:26 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

So it would appear that Werwolves kick ass. Got my medicine man to join the Companions, and he is a gump no more. If I get in any difficult battles that I can't potion my way out of, I just go Were and get it done that way.

Was able to kill two mammoths and two giants pretty quickly. BTW this is my first time being a werewolf. They move so fast. So much better than the busted Elder Vampire mode, where you move like a sloth, while everybody takes pot shots at you

I have achieved Alchemical supremacy. Absolute mage-busting build. Coat weapons with magica disabling poison, and their crackhead laser light show is no more.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

new Madden's superstar mode: get drafted as a QB, RB, CB, or I think LB (haven't tried defense)

started a QB mode a few weeks ago and got drafted with the Rams. Been working through a full gauntlet and made the playoffs at 9-8. Yes, we lost to Washington :(

Went 7-5 and then lost 3 straight. But the division was so mediocre that 7-8 was tied for first with the Niners who somehow were 7-8 and Seahawks.

2 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

started a QB mode a few weeks ago and got drafted with the Rams. Been working through a full gauntlet and made the playoffs at 9-8. Yes, we lost to Washington :(

I'm just a simple armchair QB but I'm of the opinion you should'a stepped up in the pocket more in the playoffs.

There is like a whole 3cm volumetric square of space you were failing to utilize.

Also a criminal under utilization of the best play

Anyone getting Mario Wonder?

I was kind of on the fence but my son has interest and it's something we can play together so I ordered it yesterday.  I haven't read any full reviews because I don't want spoilers, but the headlines for all reviews I've seen are very good, one calling it the true Super Mario World sequel we needed.