Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

17 hours ago, purbeast said:

My buddy ordered a normal copy from Amazon and sent me this picture yesterday.

IwvVI6f.jpg

Yes, that is an empty Amazon envelope lol.  He legit received an empty envelope from the delivery man.

Amazon is solid with fixing these things. They'll even send you free replacement items if the items box comes damaged. Last xmas, bought some lego sets ($50-150 range) from them as gifts and they shipped them and one of the lego boxes was damaged. Called them and they sent a replacement for free and told me to just keep the first one. 

Of course, we have been prime members for a 15 or so years so maybe that helps. 

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Amazon is solid with fixing these things. They'll even send you free replacement items if the items box comes damaged. Last xmas, bought some lego sets ($50-150 range) from them as gifts and they shipped them and one of the lego boxes was damaged. Called them and they sent a replacement for free and told me to just keep the first one. 

Of course, we have been prime members for a 15 or so years so maybe that helps. 

Yeah my buddy ended up buying it digitally that night instead because he wanted to play it.  Not sure if he just got refunded from Amazon or waht.

6 hours ago, purbeast said:

I'm like 8 hours in God of War and yeah it's incredible.  If you were a fan of the previous one, you will like this, and if you weren't a fan of the previous one, you won't like this one.  It's exactly more of the same but to me that's fine and I am loving it.  I love the banter in the game that is constantly going on too, it's just so much fun.

going to start it tonight

On 11/10/2022 at 4:52 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

did you have to preorder for that?

yes they sold out in half a day

• Like 1

Started last night. It’s a seamless transition from the end of the first game into this one. I love that the journey starts back at the house and we see how things have changed in the since the end of the last game, including the relationship between Atreus and Kratos. The writing is on point too and Ryan Hurst is excellent so far. 

im sitting here thinking what happened to all the armor I had, are they going to explain it?

sendri: what happened to all the stuff we made for you before? 

kratos: I used it 

sendri: well try to take care of this new stuff and make it last a little longer 

Kratos: I will not 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

When the kid grows up to be an unforgivably brutal God of War duel-wielding hammers I hope you will be proud. 

This is a pretty dope game so far. It’s more of the same which is exactly what I want. Thor is my kinda God. Sucks ima have to kill him. I just get that “won’t leave me alone until I break his neck” feeling from his face.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

When the kid grows up to be an unforgivably brutal God of War duel-wielding hammers I hope you will be proud. 

This is a pretty dope game so far. It’s more of the same which is exactly what I want. Thor is my kinda God. Sucks ima have to kill him. I just get that “won’t leave me alone until I break his neck” feeling from his face.

yeah it’s exactly the same but in the best way possible. I appreciate the consistency like even having the same type of chests to open etc. I hate when games change stuff like that if they were there in the world in the last game it should be there this game too. 

Really liking the story so far 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 10:10 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

yeah it’s exactly the same but in the best way possible. I appreciate the consistency like even having the same type of chests to open etc. I hate when games change stuff like that if they were there in the world in the last game it should be there this game too. 

Really liking the story so far 

The game is awesome. Like the first one, it takes a little bit for the combat to really start flowing but once you unlock some skills and get some runics and talismans you can really start having fun. It’s as precise, violent, and intense as ever and I like the new ways you can use both the axe and blades. 

the one criticism I would have is that thru a similar time point in 2018, I felt like there were more boss fights and fights that were more fun. Soul eaters, trolls, those big horned guys, all the elves , I don’t think anything I’ve fought so far has been on the same level as those, even tho the overall enemy variety and abilities are a lot better in Ragnarok. 

The story is really emotional and heart wrenching while also being funnier at times. The scene where everyone is at the table is such a fun awkward little moment that shows the comfort the characters have with each other now, and a nice break from the heaviness the rest of the story contains as we see how the relationships, particularly among Kratos and Atreus, have evolved. There are also some surprising gameplay segments that I really enjoyed as a change of pace that work really well. There is so much heart packed into every scene and dialogue exchange. I’m bracing for what may come for these characters.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

In what I'm sure will be an absolute surprise to everyone here I spent most of my weekend playing Ragnarok and am absolutely loving it. I'll give you all a few minutes to recover from the shock this revelation no doubt caused.

I know your avatar represents the franchise at its absolute summit (its what peak performance looks like after all) but will Rag make you change it?

7 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I know your avatar represents the franchise at its absolute summit (its what peak performance looks like after all) but will Rag make you change it?

Hmm....it IS hard to change perfection, but anything is possible. Guess I'll have to consider my options once I finish the game.

I played for about an hour on release day and haven’t really had a chance to play since. I’m really enjoying it.

Got the the scene at the house with you know who and you know who else and I found myself laughing more than anything (in a good way, I didn’t expect those depictions)

Haven’t purchased Ragnarok yet. Just waiting to see if any Black Friday deals are coming. 

My wife and I finished Deliver Us the Moon last night. About a 6 or 7 hour game. It was good and interesting. It’s on PS+ is anyone wants to give it a go. Afterwards, we started Guardians of the Galaxy. We just started chapter 4 and it’s a pretty funny game. She’s not usually into combat type games,  it I think this one has enough story and humor to keep her going.

Trying to decide if I’m selling the Switch or not. I’ve had it 3 years and have only beaten Breath of the Wild, BroForce, and one of the Mario games. It just sits there unfortunately. Maybe I’ll let my wife make the decision. She’s played it more than me.

Spent the time to get the Plat on Frontiers. Took about 30 hrs. Solid direction for the future of Sonic games. It gets a lot of things right that more than compensate where the game falls flat. Probably the best realization of the  "power fantasy" of being a hyperactive hedgehog the franchise has ever seen. Reminds me of the impact left after swinging around the city in a spiderman game. Just the simple experience of being presented a large area and taking off in a chosen direction at mach 1 is a bit cathartic and stays with you. I'll always remember that.

I know I'll pick up Ragnarok at some point, but It will probably be after I finish w/ Elden Ring, I still have a little ways to go. I had to shelve it for Frontiers but now I can get back to it and finish it off.

I got some choices to make. I'm know I'm gonna get

-Bayo 3

-Rag

-Stray

-Endling: extinction is forever

but I don't know the order yet.

5 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Spent the time to get the Plat on Frontiers. Took about 30 hrs. Solid direction for the future of Sonic games. It gets a lot of things right that more than compensate where the game falls flat. Probably the best realization of the  "power fantasy" of being a hyperactive hedgehog the franchise has ever seen. Reminds me of the impact left after swinging around the city in a spiderman game. Just the simple experience of being presented a large area and taking off in a chosen direction at mach 1 is a bit cathartic and stays with you. I'll always remember that.

I know I'll pick up Ragnarok at some point, but It will probably be after I finish w/ Elden Ring, I still have a little ways to go. I had to shelve it for Frontiers but now I can get back to it and finish it off.

I got some choices to make. I'm know I'm gonna get

-Bayo 3

-Rag

-Stray

-Endling: extinction is forever

but I don't know the order yet.

Stray is supposed to be pretty short, so you might want to blast through that and then get to the rest of your list.

• Thumb up 1