Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

41 minutes ago, ShredSkins said:

all you PS5 guys having fun with God Of War.

meanwhile I'm over here with my Series X playing this stupid Medieval farm simulator. 

Hopefully next year is better for Microsoft. 

Dude, they're playing the same games over and over again.

3 hours ago, purbeast said:

Didn't even realize you could see your total time played in God of War by looking at the auto saves in the loading screen.

I'm 24 hours in now.  I just wrapped up most of Midgard.  I now have 4 heavy runic attacks and still using the first one on blades, but second one on axe.

I hope I never have to play as Atreus again but I know it's happening lol.  It's been so fun as Kratos.

You can find all your playtimes on the PS5. Go to your profile to the overview section, and then to games. There it will show you game time, % played and trophies.

Just loaded up Tales of Arise. It looks good, but I’m going in blind. I watched about a minute of play and saw good reviews. $20 at GS. 

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

6 hours ago, ShredSkins said:

all you PS5 guys having fun with God Of War.

meanwhile I'm over here with my Series X playing this stupid Medieval farm simulator. 

Hopefully next year is better for Microsoft. 

Just get a PC.  Looks like almost everything is at most timed exclusives now

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Ragnarok really takes off once 

Spoiler

You finish the Atreus Asgard section. 

I was a little down on the combat at the start but now I feel like I’ve been thrown into about 30-40 consecutive epic fights either with bosses, mythical creatures and things, 8+ enemies or a handful of tough enemies that are really fun to fight. It’s so intense sometimes I have to catch my breath afterwards. It is humming along now just like I remember and the new abilities and items they’ve added like 

Spoiler

The spear  

Are really cool and present both fun new ways to tackle puzzles and exploration as well as fight. 

the story is powerful and genuinely moving while far exceeding the scale of the last game. I teared up at a segment last night. The characters are so well written. It feels very similar to TLOU2 in the way they are handling the story and characters. They didn't just run back the first game's characters, they're more than that. they've realistically answered the questions of how would these characters in this world react, evolve, grow, regress etc based on the events that happened in the first game. It is a logical place for all of them to be at and is a pretty perfect continuation of their characters and stories. It feels like traveling among old friends and is a both a joy to watch while  hurting to see where their paths take them and the challenges they endure. The things they don’t say or can’t do. Who they choose to be and what their nature is while presenting some thought provoking ideas on fate and prophecy in this world and what is really going on. 

can’t wait to see how it all plays out 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just finished Ragnarok. So one very non-spoiler and one Semi-spoiler (but with no context) warning.

1. Non-spoiler: in the last 3 hours of the main storyline, I think about 2 hours of it were cutscenes. So just be prepared for that going in. The story and scenes were good, but I was expecting much more combat and it tended to drag because of that.

2. Semi-spoiler?: I won't say what happens or why, but if you like Atreus/Loki as your companion and want him on your sidequests, do it before the end of the game. After the main story is concluded, you do not have him as an option and have a different companion.

Ok, spoiler time

Spoiler

1. Atreus's mission to find the remaining Giants after Ragnarok is a pretty clever way to write him out of wherever the series goes next. I wish I had known before post-game, but I don't have Freya so being "stuck" with her isn't a huge letdown, just unexpected.

2. Maybe it's because I get so sidetracked by the sidequests and did almost all of them before the end game, but I thought the final fight with Thor was pretty easy. Maybe it's all the practice with dodging/parrying I have at this point, maybe it's the maxed out gear, maybe it's because I'm only on the middle (3 of 5) difficulty, but I found the optional bosses, especially all those damn drauger holes, to be much more challenging. Sort of the same with Odin. It's a 2-part boss battle, and part 1 was pretty easy but part 2 took much more focus and effort.

3. Seriously, this is a spoiler, so if you haven't gotten to the final Asgard battle yet, don't read this part.

OK?

OK.

HOLY ****, Odin posing as Tyr the whole time, then killing Brok, and Sindri going 1000% badass mode in revenge? Did not see that coming. That was a good surprise for me at least.

Also, with Brok dead Sindri disappears at the end and the female Dwarf you meet in Vanaheim becomes the new blacksmith. Again, not bad, just a change if you want to get all your conversations in before the endgame. 

4. Have a few guesses where Kratos goes next (either Mesoamerica or Egypt, probably totally wrong on that), but not sure if the final Giant story closet at the end said where because I didn't learn all the runes and will just wait for the internet to figure it out in a few months.

So while I like the story this series told, I was not a fan of how. many. cutscenes there were on the main line, especially at the end. Probably why I did so many sidequests first was to avoid them and just play.

Also, still don't know if I'm gonna change my avatar, but I'm kinda fond of the little fella I got now, so we'll see.

Edited by GhostofSparta

19 hours ago, purbeast said:

Anyone play that Kena Bridge of Spirits game?

I snagged it for like $19 from Amazon on BF.  After I finish God of War I want to finish Ghost Song, and then I'll start it.  I always thought it looked like a neat Zelda'ish game.

my friend has it it loved it. I think it looks really cool too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

This seems like a good deal if you like these type of controllers.

Edit..the controller retails for $100 I think. This is a huge steal.

I wouldn't call that a $100 flight stick.  I bought the same one for $40 or $50 ten years ago (well, a predecessor to it; but nothing has changed as far as I know other than going from PS3 compatibility to PS5 compatibility).  It's... okay.  Best flight sticks use a hall-effect sensor, that just uses pots.  I do appreciate the number of axes it comes with, though.  X,Y,Twist the stick, Throttle, plus a rudder-rocker on the back side of the throttle.  But if you ever start to really get into flight sim stuff, you'll probably find yourself ditching it in favor of a higher quality flight stick.  I'm pretty sure the guy I sold mine to only kept it a few months before he turned around and sold it off.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yeah, sorry I was going off of msrp which I guess is listed at $89.99 but can be had for less most places. Probably good for people like me who've never used one and don't want to spend the extra $. That said I passed on it since I don't play flying games. 😁

Yeah, it's a perfectly usable stick at a reasonable price for a full HOTAS with that many axes (just wish there was one more axis to get proper six-degrees of freedom; I wound up mapping the HAT on the stick to strafing up/down/left/right, but that was a digital on/off strafe).  I also used the rudder-rocker for an analog left/right strafe.  The fact that has PC and Playstation operation modes is nice if you want something to work on a console.  Overall, a decent budget HOTAS for someone who dabbles a little bit in flight sims, or is trying it out to see if they like it.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Thanks 1

Where did the time go? Video game 'Pong' is turning 50

Atari announced a revolutionary new way to play table tennis on Nov. 29, 1972. Pong became the first wildly popular video game, igniting an industry that boomed over the next 50 years.

he Pong craze was the unofficial start of the video game industry. Then Pac-Man came along nearly a decade later, and video games ruled the culture. Arcades filled with Gen Xers plugging quarters into beeping, blooping, glowing machines. Then home gaming took over and transformed all of it.

Today the video game industry collects almost $200 billion a year globally, and gamers like to point out that their obsession now generates more sales than the film industry. And 50 years ago, it all began with a...

Click on the link for more

pong-video-game.gif

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

If they don't stop letting Madden releases be glitch brigade roster upgrades, I may skip out on PS5, which would first generation of Playstation i didn't get. 

I'm serious, these games getting too expensive to not work and need like 20 software upgrades. And F paying for stuff after I already bought the game, too.

Something like Dance Dance might change my mind for the kiddies, they even make that franchise anymore?  Curious what multi-player non-shooter games are good to get kids started in these days, like a Wii Sports equivalent or something.  I have reservations turning them lose on the online gaming for Playstation or Xbox given the limited I've heard in person a countless accounts of racism and sexism out there.

I know how I was as a kid, I'd play by myself so much I'd start to get woozy from hunger, dehydration, or lack of sleep.  I don't really want that for them, but rather that then the bombardment of some of these shmucks online with their swatting ****.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

If they don't stop letting Madden releases be glitch brigade roster upgrades, I may skip out on PS5, which would first generation of Playstation i didn't get. 

I'm serious, these games getting too expensive to not work and need like 20 software upgrades. And F paying for stuff after I already bought the game, too.

Something like Dance Dance might change my mind for the kiddies, they even make that franchise anymore?  Curious what multi-player non-shooter games are good to get kids started in these days, like a Wii Sports equivalent or something.  I have reservations turning them lose on the online gaming for Playstation or Xbox given the limited I've heard in person a countless accounts of racism and sexism out there.

I know how I was as a kid, I'd play by myself so much I'd start to get woozy from hunger, dehydration, or lack of sleep.  I don't really want that for them, but rather that then the bombardment of some of these shmucks online with their swatting ****.

Does Splatoon count as a shooter?

5 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Does Splatoon count as a shooter?

Looking it up, reminds me of Fortinite.

I remember the first time sitting down watching someone play, it was one of my best friends sons.

Looked like a shooter game, which I didn't know at the time, so asked him if he felt it was.

He said nah, not really, then whipped out a laser machine gun and vaporized someone.

"You jus killed someone."

"That's my friend, he'll be back."

"You jus threw a grenade at a bunch of folks."

"Nah, that's a *insert whatever the **** they call it then*..."

I'm sorry, my point is cartoon characters running around in a melee seems to be tricking some kids into thinking it's completely different then say Call of Duty.  Seems more like a gateway game to me.

Edited by Renegade7