Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1 hour ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I will be selling my PS4 next week. With games and an extra controller they are going for $200+ on eBay. I just signed up on PlayStation Direct. I am not sure how fast they contact you, but my friend got his on there yesterday.

I'd check trade in values. I just got $325 in credit for my PS4 Pro at Gamestop. I'll buy other games with them eventually so it is as good as cash for me. 

They require console, controller, usb cable, and hdmi cable for the trade-ins. 

Just be aware that if you wipe the PS4 at home (like you should before trading/selling), it can take up to 3 hrs. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

46 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd check trade in values. I just got $325 in credit for my PS4 Pro at Gamestop. I'll buy other games with them eventually so it is as good as cash for me. 

They require console, controller, usb cable, and hdmi cable for the trade-ins. 

Just be aware that if you wipe the PS4 at home (like you should before trading/selling), it can take up to 3 hrs. 

Thanks for the heads up. I checked the GameStop website and it said $150 for the system. Maybe if I take it in with the extra controllers I could get more

18 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Thanks for the heads up. I checked the GameStop website and it said $150 for the system. Maybe if I take it in with the extra controllers I could get more

Buy the power up rewards pro membership for $14.99. It will give you an extra 10% trade in value and I think they are running an unadvertised extra $50 for consoles (might only be for the PS4  pro). 

So you could get $215 instead of $150 for the cost of a 1yr membership. 

I'd call in advance though to check if the extra $50 promo applies.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

The accuracy of a mouse simply can't be compared when using a controller.  There is a reason console games have aim assist.

I agree but games like cod have aim assist for pc players. I could play BF with m&k but would prefer not to. Same with Apex and Halo. Although I would say m&k is superior to controller in Apex. 

On 11/24/2021 at 7:19 PM, Warhead36 said:

Steam Autumn Sale is up. Some yuuuuge discounts. I'm getting Witcher 3 Game of the Year edition(so all expansions/DLC included) for just $10.

Overall it’s a fairly disappointing sale. I have Witcher for PS4. May snag it for pc for the price tag.

I never buy DLC, when I beat a game, I normally see all I need to see. However, every once in a while, I come across a game that I never want to end. Dishonored 2 was one of those games, I got the DLC for it today. Didn't know it was on Game Pass, downloaded and paid for it for when Game Pass runs out.

• Like 2

On 11/28/2021 at 11:58 AM, KDawg said:

Overall it’s a fairly disappointing sale. I have Witcher for PS4. May snag it for pc for the price tag.

Yeah I only get the games that are on HUGE sale that I want to play anyway. I got the entire Civilization 6 with all DLC as well since I only had the original(pirated years ago lolol) for just $39 when its normally over $100.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Finished Ghost of Tsushima over the weekend.  A masterpiece.

No idea what to play next.  

I'm intrigued by (but haven't played) Mortal Shell.

Reviews are ok. Supposed to be a Dark Souls lite.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Shell

6 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Gonna trade in my PS4 today at Gamestop. What do I need to do beforehand? Like do I have to delete stuff off the hard drive etc?

Yes. It can take up to 3 hrs to do it. It's under initialization under settings (I think).

Make sure you bring a controller, USB cable, ans hdmi cable with the console to Gamestop. Otherwise they'll reject or deduct the costs of those items from your trade in value.

I also wiped my Ps4 Pro down bwfore trading it in but I'm a little anal about keeping it clean. 😆

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yes. It can take up to 3 hrs to do it. It's under initialization under settings (I think).

Make sure you bring a controller, USB cable, ans hdmi cable with the console to Gamestop. Otherwise they'll reject or deduct the costs of those items from your trade in value.

I also wiped my Ps4 Pro down bwfore trading it in but I'm a little anal about keeping it clean. 😆

I actually didn't have to do any of the factory reset stuff. Just had to bring in all the proper cables though as you said. Ended up getting $250 for the console plus like five or six games so not a bad score considering it was just sitting there collecting dust since I think Red Dead Redemption came out.

8 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Finished Ghost of Tsushima over the weekend.  A masterpiece.

No idea what to play next.  

Finished it myself last week. Great game, loved the simple story, and very refreshing to play a game with mostly good character writing/side stories. I felt more attached to Lady Masako’s story than the main one, and I’ve hardly ever enjoyed the pointless side quests in any game.

The open world is 90% empty, but the game is still so good. Compare that to Cyberpunk2077, which spectacularly failed at creating an enjoyable world despite maximizing it with density. 

Starting The Last of Us 1 now. I’m like a decade late. Pretty good so far.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

man, you don’t even know. Are you going to play 2 afterwards?

You are embarking on The Godfather part 1-2 of video game stories imo. Each one set a new standard. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

man, you don’t even know. Are you going to play 2 afterwards?

You are embarking on The Godfather part 1-2 of video game stories imo. Each one set a new standard. 

Yeah I’m gonna play both back to back. I’m like 1 hour into the first one now. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Death Stranding. 

You’ve had the traditional experience. Now go for something unlike anything you’ve played before 

I bought it, hated it.  

13 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Agree with @Momma There Goes That Man  The Last of Us is incredible.  The Last of Us 2 is my #1 PS4 game, TLOU 1 is top 5 as well.  

I can't wait for the television series they are making.  https://www.hbo.com/the-last-of-us

• Like 1