Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

11 hours ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I got madden 22 on next gen and idk what anybody is talking about. The game play is absolutely downright atrocious. No defense works. Ai is just as bad if not worse. 

Defense works ok, but it's not as reliable as past versions.  It seems like at times the other teams WRs make amazing catches in triple coverage or something weird like that.  And on occassion, I've noticed that I'll call a cover 3 or cover 2 zone, middle covered and the CPU player covering the middle of the field isn't there or is out of position and guy is wide ass open.  That ticks me off as it usually happens to me on 3rd or 4th and long.

7 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Defense works ok, but it's not as reliable as past versions.  It seems like at times the other teams WRs make amazing catches in triple coverage or something weird like that.  And on occassion, I've noticed that I'll call a cover 3 or cover 2 zone, middle covered and the CPU player covering the middle of the field isn't there or is out of position and guy is wide ass open.  That ticks me off as it usually happens to me on 3rd or 4th and long.

I haven't played Madden consistently in a looooong time. But this problem seems as old as time itself. I used to solve it by controlling the MLB, especially if I had a good rush from the D line.

If I didn't do that, the TE/RB would annihilate me on passing downs. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I haven't played Madden consistently in a looooong time. But this problem seems as old as time itself. I used to solve it by controlling the MLB, especially if I had a good rush from the D line.

If I didn't do that, the TE/RB would annihilate me on passing downs. 

I run into that from time to time when playing really good players or ones that know how to exploit the match-ups.  I'm not real good at controlling the MLB on pass plays, I tend to whiff a lot, because I get to aggressive and try to jump routes for picks. 

Running plays they try to spam, I can usually end that quick controlling the MLB and start moving him behind the DE on the side they will run, force them in the middle or a tackle for no gain or loss.  

I can say that one of my favorite defensive plays (dollar set, cover 3 spy) would work almost every down the previous two Maddens, it's still really effective, but not nearly as good as last year.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I run into that from time to time when playing really good players or ones that know how to exploit the match-ups.  I'm not real good at controlling the MLB on pass plays, I tend to whiff a lot, because I get to aggressive and try to jump routes for picks. 

Running plays they try to spam, I can usually end that quick controlling the MLB and start moving him behind the DE on the side they will run, force them in the middle or a tackle for no gain or loss.  

I can say that one of my favorite defensive plays (dollar set, cover 3 spy) would work almost every down the previous two Maddens, it's still really effective, but not nearly as good as last year.

**** used to work pretty good against me during our legendary battles back in the day 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

**** used to work pretty good against me during our legendary battles back in the day 

Outside of playing my late uncle, our league games were the most fun I've ever had on Madden.  Me and you had some classic games, even in pre-season.  I used the 46 sets the most back then and the play I started with on defense was called Cover 3 Hawk (something like that, or cover 2 hawk); I got so many picks it was ridiculous. 

That play was great against the pass, rush, scrambling QBs, etc.  Especially in the red zone.  I'd set up my audibles to get in a nickel cover 2 man and dollar cover 3 zone when needed, when people figured out how to beat it, so I wouldn't get stuck on the field with hurry ups.  

I'll never forget one of our seasons, I had drafted Joe Flacco and a rookie QB to back him up.  Instead of playing the CPU in the pre-season, I had it sim the game.  When it was over, Flacco had broken his leg in the 3rd quarter and was out for the rest of the season.  I was so pissed the CPU had my starters in the entire first preseason game :rofl89:

I turned that rookie into a beast over the season.  Dropped over 100 points on the CPU in the first round of the playoffs, great times.

22 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Outside of playing my late uncle, our league games were the most fun I've ever had on Madden.  Me and you had some classic games, even in pre-season.  I used the 46 sets the most back then and the play I started with on defense was called Cover 3 Hawk (something like that, or cover 2 hawk); I got so many picks it was ridiculous. 

That play was great against the pass, rush, scrambling QBs, etc.  Especially in the red zone.  I'd set up my audibles to get in a nickel cover 2 man and dollar cover 3 zone when needed, when people figured out how to beat it, so I wouldn't get stuck on the field with hurry ups.  

I'll never forget one of our seasons, I had drafted Joe Flacco and a rookie QB to back him up.  Instead of playing the CPU in the pre-season, I had it sim the game.  When it was over, Flacco had broken his leg in the 3rd quarter and was out for the rest of the season.  I was so pissed the CPU had my starters in the entire first preseason game :rofl89:

I turned that rookie into a beast over the season.  Dropped over 100 points on the CPU in the first round of the playoffs, great times.

That was such a great league and man we had so much fun. Easily most fun I’ve ever had with Madden. Man you had some nasty teams. I don’t think I’ve really played Madden since. I check it out when it hits gamepass but haven’t gotten into any since 

• Like 1

I know Halo more than most other current games was built around couch co-op campaign but I never cared for it. I’ve got my solo campaign and by all reports the multiplayer is really fun. 

I’ll be fine but it does suck for custom games that forge won’t be ready right away. Kinda crazy they were going to release this last year. How ****in far behind were they then? 

10 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I know Halo more than most other current games was built around couch co-op campaign but I never cared for it. I’ve got my solo campaign and by all reports the multiplayer is really fun. 

I’ll be fine but it does suck for custom games that forge won’t be ready right away. Kinda crazy they were going to release this last year. How ****in far behind were they then? 

I'm pretty sure they just went back to the drawing board because of how ****ty it was received when they showed it last year. And they've probably been working people 100 hours a week to get it to ship by this November.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 1:02 AM, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

I got madden 22 on next gen and idk what anybody is talking about. The game play is absolutely downright atrocious. No defense works. Ai is just as bad if not worse. 

I was watching my friend play who is a competitive player and he was running the same crossing pass play every single down. His opponent was doing the exact same thing. Whatever zyx cross every single down.

Just beat Arkham Asylum. Really fun game and I think they did a great job of incorporating everything that makes Batman Batman. Combat, stealth, detective stuff, solving puzzles, etc. Thankfully I used a PS4 controller playing on PC, could not imagine playing a game like this on keyboard.

Can't wait to try Arkham City.

• Like 1

I got about half way thru a season in offline Franchise in Madden 22. I was having a small glitch with stats. I went to the subreddit and saw everyone complaining about Franchise having a glitch that erases game wins.

Now I'm getting that glitch every game. Stupid Reddit. 

Edited by ShredSkins

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Just beat Arkham Asylum. Really fun game and I think they did a great job of incorporating everything that makes Batman Batman. Combat, stealth, detective stuff, solving puzzles, etc. Thankfully I used a PS4 controller playing on PC, could not imagine playing a game like this on keyboard.

Can't wait to try Arkham City.

Arkham City is gonna blow the doors off 

2 hours ago, LLandryistheshiz said:

long have I waited for this moment; excited to see where it branches off from the original and how the combat may change 

It's a remake.  It's the same game as the original one.

Aside from God of War, the only other game I thought looked like it may be a must buy is that Forspoken game.  Looked pretty damn cool.

I also thought that Tchia game could be pretty neat.