Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

25 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I haven’t played ME3 since release. I’m currently working through ME1 in the remaster. 

You’ve got to finish Frozen Wild. Not just for the great story, but also to encounter the freeze and fire claws LOL. The final boss fight is the most rage inducing but deeply satisfying gaming experience I’ve had in a long time. 

I'll get on it soon, lol. Sounds like tremendous pain and suffering.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I feel like 4 very much let me get my moral depravity on. 

That's the difference  between you and me, PB. For me, the thirst is unquenchable. 

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2021 at 9:34 PM, No Excuses said:

You’ve got to finish Frozen Wild. Not just for the great story, but also to encounter the freeze and fire claws LOL. The final boss fight is the most rage inducing but deeply satisfying gaming experience I’ve had in a long time. 

this is the only time in the game across 4 different runs  that I actually had to farm for supplies. Had to go back down to safety and load up a couple different times for ropecaster and sling ammo to get through that mother****er on the hardest difficulty.

Frozen Wilds is the best DLC I can remember playing but it’s so satisfying when you can start handling these tougher enemies. Some of the most rewarding and fun gameplay ever for me with a great story. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Got the complete Bioshock series on sale. Always heard about it, but never played it.

You’re in for a treat. That first one is crazy atmospheric and haunting with a terrific story. Infinite is a ton of fun as well and has a better story imo tho loses a lot of the atmosphere that made the first two so special being set under the sea. Most FPS don’t make you think about philosophy,  economic theory, religion, racism, etc but these do

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

this is the only time in the game across 4 different runs  that I actually had to farm for supplies. Had to go back down to safety and load up a couple different times for ropecaster and sling ammo to get through that mother****er on the hardest difficulty.

Frozen Wilds is the best DLC I can remember playing but it’s so satisfying when you can start handling these tougher enemies. Some of the most rewarding and fun gameplay ever for me with a great story. 

Dunno if it was supposed to be that way or not, but that first Sawtooth you encounter in the pass is like unbeatable. This is me with all supplies, and the Zero Dawn armour on ultra-hard. Ass whooping, every time.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dunno if it was supposed to be that way or not, but that first Sawtooth you encounter in the pass is like unbeatable. This is me with all supplies, and the Zero Dawn armour on ultra-hard. Ass whooping, every time.

my new game + ultra hard run I went with the new stealth armor that damn near makes you invisible when you add stealth mods to it too. That was my play style completely different from the warrior of previous runs. I was all stealth and letting enemies fight each other and picking off what was left. 

Went up to frozen wilds for the first time in my stealth gear and got one shot by that scorcher at the top of the mountain when you first climb up there. Had to change strategies right away to the Zero Dawn armor so I could make it through the first hit at least. Thought maybe I could switch back but not with the daemonic machines everywhere. **** was brutal. So I stealthed my way around and anytime I saw a purple hue or walked up on a fire claw or something it was immediate armor switch. Some of those control towers were hell too. But I loved that world. Favorite part was probably the dam area with the hundreds of snapmaws 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

I wrapped up all my Halo Master Chief games and had to choose whether to double down on Jedi or start Detroit Become Human. I chose the latter. I thought people were joking about being so invested in doing their household chores ingame compared to IRL, but it's true. I have never been so interested in turning on a roomba and mopping the bathroom floor.

The game also did a great job of showing what a dying city looks like. In the intro, one of the characters passes through the suburbs of a city in the car. It looks so ramshackle and burned down. I thought to myself, "heh, I bet that's what Detroit looks like". Then I remembered that that's literally the title of the game. So yeah, bonus points to them for being believable. And bonus points for Lance Henriksen. From Admiral Hackett to an artist in a wheelchair. He did both well.

• Like 1

So far thru my run of 360 games...

Fallout 3:

Still feel like it has potential for my tastes, but the beginning was, um, kinda weird.  The ridiculous adult-quiz topped it off.  What the f*** was the point of that whole segment?  Bugs the size of 45 lb plates infest a fallout shelter?  I just got out of the vault, so I'm not judging the game.  Seems like a lot of tongue in cheek silliness already.  Going to take a break before taking on the open world.

Rainbow Six Vegas 2: 

I am usually not a fan of games with the wall/cover-hugging mechanic.  Save for GTA, off the top of my head.  I still don't use it much in that series.  Breach and clear is not my thing either, which happens in this game a lot.  I stopped playing halfway in to the second level, for now.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II:

Dude!  This game is a beat 'em up game!  Shoulda seen my face when that suddenly hit me.  I lit up like a kid on Christmas morning and started laughing my ass off.  Woo!  I grew up on button mashing my way thru thousands of mfs.  This has a lot more technique involved, but it's still a dumb ole button masher!  There are little things that annoy me, like the finishing moves for the mechs and walkers always being the same, and the annoying little spider droids...but this game is fun as hell!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Horizon Forbidden West delayed to Q1 2022, making me feel better about striking out on a PS5 every month. If it’s December and I can’t land one, I’m just giving into some scumbag scalper. :(

I broke down and bought one off StockX 🤡

9 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I broke down and bought one off StockX 🤡

Feels like that’s the way I’m headed too. I really want to play Ghost, Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man etc. I figure I have enough of a backlog on PC to get through the year but I know I want the new Horizon on day 1. Just feels inevitable that I’m getting scalped lol. :(  

Edited by No Excuses

15 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Horizon Forbidden West delayed to Q1 2022, making me feel better about striking out on a PS5 every month. If it’s December and I can’t land one, I’m just giving into some scumbag scalper. :(

Download Hotstock app. You'll find one in a week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Feels like that’s the way I’m headed too. I really want to play Ghost, Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man etc. I figure I have enough of a backlog on PC to get through the year but I know I want the new Horizon on day 1. Just feels inevitable that I’m getting scalped lol. :(  

Dawg my backlog is biblical, but I had to do it, especially once news of that Ghost of Tsushima Director's cut dropped.

18 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

So far thru my run of 360 games...

Fallout 3:

Still feel like it has potential for my tastes, but the beginning was, um, kinda weird.  The ridiculous adult-quiz topped it off.  What the f*** was the point of that whole segment?  Bugs the size of 45 lb plates infest a fallout shelter?  I just got out of the vault, so I'm not judging the game.  Seems like a lot of tongue in cheek silliness already.  Going to take a break before taking on the open world.

The G.O.A.T. placement exam determines which skills of yours get a boost to start the game with

MS Flight Simulator not only being upscaled 4k (and only temporarily), but also only being 30fps, on Xbox Series X, is a joke.  

Supposed to be the most powerful console ever and is a flagship first party title and can't even hit the 4k@60fps that they are claiming this gen is all about.

25 minutes ago, purbeast said:

MS Flight Simulator not only being upscaled 4k (and only temporarily), but also only being 30fps, on Xbox Series X, is a joke.  

Supposed to be the most powerful console ever and is a flagship first party title and can't even hit the 4k@60fps that they are claiming this gen is all about.

_wallpaper__glorious_pc_gaming_master_ra

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1