Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Biden/Harris Administration's Cabinet: Who Do You Want in Which Role and Why?

Jumbo

14 minutes ago, Hersh said:

We are approaching Obama's tan suit here. 

Yeah seriously. It broke, there was like 36 hours where they were likely were confirming the story and talking to all parties and then he resigns likely due to WH pressure. 

I don’t see how this is anything but a sign that this administration is true to its word and will hold people accountable 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, skinny21 said:

Biden said he’d immediately fire anyone who did such a thing in front of him.  Little different from the circumstances here...

I mean is he supposed to just fire someone just because he heard something? That’s not a literal quote, it just means he’s going to hold people responsible for how his staff and the WH team treat people and handle their business.

And less than 2 days later the guy is gone. Seems legit to me 

• Like 1

Durbin, Duckworth to Biden: Do not fire top Chicago federal prosecutor John Lausch

President Joe Biden triggered a political storm in Illinois on Tuesday, uniting the Democratic senators, four House GOP members and the Illinois Republican Party in protesting his move to fire Chicago-based U.S. Attorney John Lausch while he is overseeing public corruption probes and prosecutions of top Democrats in the state.

U.S. attorneys are nominated by a president and must be confirmed by the Senate. Presidents have the power to fire U.S. attorneys.

Lausch and all but two U.S. attorneys appointed by Trump who have not yet moved on were asked to submit resignations by Feb. 28 in a Tuesday conference call with Acting Attorney General Monty Wilkinson.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said at her Tuesday briefing that requesting U.S. attorneys to resign at the start of a new presidency has been “commonplace among previous administrations, and we look forward to working with the Senate to swiftly fill these openings in the coming weeks. The president has also made clear he wants to restore the independence of the Department of Justice and to ensure it remains free of any undue political influence.”

What is not as commonplace is the backstory when it comes to the Chicago spot: In a Senate defined by partisanship, Trump, Durbin and Duckworth supported Lausch. He was confirmed on a voice vote for a four-year term on Nov. 9, 2017.

Lausch managed a somewhat significant feat in the last three years, maintaining the support of Illinois’ Democratic senators while serving as the Justice Department’s top prosecutor in Chicago under a Republican administration that enjoyed little popularity in the city.

A series of long-running public corruption investigations, most dealing with Democrats, went public under Lausch’s tenure. They led to the racketeering indictment in May 2019 of Ald. Edward M. Burke, as well as the bribery charges leveled last year against ComEd and four members of then-House Speaker Michael Madigan’s inner circle. 

In November, the Sun-Times reported Durbin and Duckworth said they had “confidence” in Lausch and wanted him to remain on the job.

In a statement, Durbin and Duckworth said Lausch should not be terminated immediately.

“While we agree with the Biden administration’s criminal justice agenda, we are disappointed with the decision to terminate U.S. Attorney Lausch without consulting us. In 2017, our nonpartisan screening committee gave its support for Mr. Lausch to serve in this position, and the Senate confirmed him unanimously.

Click on the link for the full article

On 2/14/2021 at 1:03 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I mean is he supposed to just fire someone just because he heard something? That’s not a literal quote, it just means he’s going to hold people responsible for how his staff and the WH team treat people and handle their business.

And less than 2 days later the guy is gone. Seems legit to me 

In retrospect, my post was unclear, I’m actually right there with you.  I meant since it didn’t happen in front of him, it’s dumb to question his taking a minute to ask for their resignation/fire them.

And from a broader perspective, the media trying to nitpick Biden after 4 years of crimes, grift, hypocrisy and ignoring principles from the Trump admin. is kinda ridiculous.  

Edited by skinny21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Biden should redraw the nomination. The truth is that she has no one to blame but herself. If there is always a tweet by the people we don't like, we shouldn't be surprised when the ones we do like have twitter issues as well. 

• Like 1

the following deep analysis is solidly grounded in science and objective analysis of validly established empirical data and could go in the 'gop sewer' thread, but since it's related to the garland doj hearing going on mow, i'm putting it here: lindsay graham's value to humanity is less than that of a bag of fertilizer

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Cotton, during his questioning, coming off as a nationalist, who’s ready to start frying everyone for capital murder offense. Calls McVeigh, and Roof “white supremists” to give the optics that he’s not himself one. We know better Tommy.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1