Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Biden/Harris Administration's Cabinet: Who Do You Want in Which Role and Why?

Jumbo

11 hours ago, Jumbo said:

the following deep analysis is solidly grounded in science and objective analysis of validly established empirical data and could go in the 'gop sewer' thread, but since it's related to the garland doj hearing going on mow, i'm putting it here: lindsay graham's value to humanity is less than that of a bag of fertilizer

Yeah, but where does he fit compared to a bag of spiders?

I have no strong opinion about Neena either way. I've seen her make the usual rounds on cable tv a bit, however I find the reasoning behind the GOP opposition laughable if not downright absurd considering they were alive for the last four years where they magically had no issue at all with social media post content almost across the board.  

• Thanks 1

^^^^^

The former Iowa Governor served in the same role for eight years in the Obama Administration, and has pledged to focus on racial justice and climate change.

Racial justice?  Better get to work on those meat packing plants...

Capitol Attack Inciters Ted Cruz And Josh Hawley Vote Against Merrick Garland

Sens. Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley voted against Merrick Garland’s nomination in the Senate Judiciary Committee after Garland vowed to prosecute all involved in the Capitol attack.

Garland’s nomination was voted out of the Senate Judiciary Committee 15-7:

It is not surprising that Capitol attack inciters like Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley would vote against Merrick Garland’s confirmation.

During his confirmation hearing, Garland said, “If confirmed, I will supervise the prosecution of white supremacists and others who stormed the Capitol on January 6 — a heinous attack that sought to disrupt a cornerstone of our democracy: the peaceful transfer of power to a newly elected government.”

Those white supremacists and domestic terrorists were incited by Donald Trump, Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, and other congressional Republicans. The terrorists were caught on video expressing the belief that they were doing what Cruz wanted them to do.

Cruz and Hawley voted against a nominee who could potentially prosecute them and their supporters. 

Click on the link for the full article

I had no idea about the controversy about Seung Min Kim.  She was attacked by partisans on the left?  Despicable... I pretty much follow the Senate from her and Burgess Everett twitter feeds.  

I never heard of Neera Tanden prior to this. But someone who deletes a thousand tweets prior to a Executive nomination, as in can't handle the responsibility if 140 characters probably shouldn't be running an Executive Agency.  

Haaland, the other nominee on the edge is fine.  While it is fair game to attack partisanship and policy at the nomination hearings, I don't think it should necessarily sink a nominee.  

While I admire the notion if "I'm going to demand you actually answer the questions I'm asking", I have to say that "and I'm going to block Biden from appointing anybody" seems a less than logical way to go about it.  

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

This is Neera's fault. I know the GOP is hypocritical on this issue but if you've got to delete 1000s of tweets and you've criticized GOP Senators that you now need to support your nomination, I have no sympathy. As a Dem I expect Dems to be better.