Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Biden/Harris Administration's Cabinet: Who Do You Want in Which Role and Why?

Jumbo

54 minutes ago, KAOSkins said:

The amount of bending over that seems to come from the Dems in congress. And flat out rolling over too.  Why do they do that so much?  Could you imagine Mitch in this situation?  I can't.  Do they not know procedure as well or are they truly the ****footed ****es they appear to be.

My understanding is 1) they have some options they’re working through (but hoping it doesn’t come to that), 2) Mitch doing this is ridiculous (yet another ‘norm’ being broken), 3) they’re forced to walk a fine line due to the whole ‘unity’ message (not for their own sakes, but for Biden’s).

Generally though, yeah, Dems roll over a lot.  They don’t have FOX or the equivalent of right wing radio, representation is on the GOPs side, and they don’t want to mirror the ruthless, unscrupulous GOP.  It’s a tough road to walk when you (generally speaking) want to do what’s right and the other side plays dirty on the regular.

On the bright side, Dems have talked (including to the GOP) about remembering how the ACA went down - I think they still hope the GOP turns it around a mite, but I don’t think they’re going to put up with this **** for long.  Or maybe that’s wishful thinking.  I’ve heard a lot of talk though about actually legislating and letting the people decide (in 2022, etc) if they approve, vs playing scared and trying so hard not to misstep - and in turn losing elections because stuff isn’t getting done.  

We’ll see.  As of now, my guess is negative messaging by the GOP wins out, but Dems have altered their usual playbook with Abrams, etc leading the charge.

• Thanks 1

Austin ousts Pentagon advisory board members as he roots out Trump appointees

Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has removed members of the Pentagon's advisory boards in a sweeping effort to oust a series of last-minute appointees by the Trump administration, according to defense officials and a memo obtained by POLITICO.

In the memo dated Saturday, Austin fired all members serving on 31 defense advisory boards effective Feb. 16, including the Defense Policy Board, the Defense Business Board, and the Defense Innovation Board. Austin directed the immediate suspension of operations for 42 panels in total, while the Pentagon completes a “zero-based review" of the department's boards and commissions.

The news, first reported by The Wall Street Journal, affects only members who were appointed by the defense secretary, or one of the civilian or military leaders of the armed services, not to those appointed by the president or Congress. "Members that are appointed by Congress or by the president are retained during this review period," a defense official said.

The move applies to a number of controversial Trump allies, including Anthony Tata, the Pentagon's acting policy chief who came under fire last year for tweets calling former President Barack Obama a "terrorist leader," and Scott O’Grady, a former Air Force pilot who has used his Twitter account to spread false claims that the election was stolen from Trump. Both were appointed to the policy board.

It does not apply to those who were appointed to the boards of visitors to the military academies, such as former Trump counselor Kellyanne Conway, former White House press secretary Sean Spicer, former Office of Management and Budget Director Russell Vought, and former Pentagon adviser Douglas Macgregor.

The ousting comes just days after Austin halted the in-processing of new members, effectively preventing a number of former President Donald Trump's acolytes, who were still completing paperwork and undergoing security checks, from actually serving on the panels. That included Trump's 2016 campaign manager Corey Lewandowski and deputy campaign manager David Bossie. Also out is Kash Patel, who was former acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller's chief of staff, who said over the weekend that he had been sworn in but his in-processing had been put on hold.

The Trump administration made the appointments after booting several members of the advisory boards late last year.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1