Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Biden/Harris Administration's Cabinet: Who Do You Want in Which Role and Why?

Jumbo

Hawley approves first Biden Cabinet nominee after defending opposition to all prior nominees

Republican Sen. Josh Hawley has voted to confirm Cecilia Rouse as chair of the Council of Economic Advisers on Tuesday, breaking a streak of opposition to Joe Biden's Cabinet nominees.

Hawley's support came after he defended on Monday his prior record of not voting to advance any Biden Cabinet secretary nominees, insisting that he evaluates each pick individually.
"I take them one at a time, if there is someone I think will be good to Missouri, that I can defend to my voters, somebody who I think is going to be good for the job, I'll vote for them," Hawley told CNN's Manu Raju on Monday, pointing to his support of a deputy defense nominee who was confirmed by the chamber through a voice vote.

So far, 13 of Biden's 23 Cabinet-level nominees requiring Senate approval have been confirmed -- with Hawley having opposed each one until Rouse.

Click on the link for the full article

The garland thing. 

Is that weird?

or is it a shot?

or is he just that well qualified?

I honestly wouldn’t even really know how to tell who is qualified or not for scotus or ag. Or whether it’s easy to be qualified for both

Marcia Fudge has ambitious plans for HUD — even though she didn't want the job.

The Senate confirmed Marcia Fudge as the next housing secretary in a 66-34 vote Wednesday, clearing the way for her to take on a cascade of crises: millions of people facing eviction amid a pandemic, a rise in homelessness, soaring housing prices worsening a years-long affordable housing crunch.

And when Fudge reports for work at the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s Brutalist headquarters in Southwest D.C. — what her predecessor Ben Carson called the “ugliest building” in the city — she’ll also be taking over an agency that is itself in crisis.

“I think that Rep. Fudge may be walking into the biggest challenge at HUD since Jack Kemp,” said National Housing Conference President and CEO David Dworkin, referring to George H.W. Bush’s HUD secretary, who took over the agency after years of neglect under the Reagan administration.

“HUD’s ranks have been gutted, morale has never been lower, and the challenges to HUD’s constituents have never been higher,” Dworkin added.

This wasn’t the job that Fudge initially wanted. But last month, at her Senate confirmation hearing, the Congressmember made an impassioned pitch to overhaul housing policy, calling on lawmakers to dramatically increase funding for housing programs to care for the nation’s most vulnerable.

That will be no easy task. HUD today is operating with less than half the staff it had 30 years ago. And while the decline isn’t all on Fudge’s predecessor — HUD lost 18.5 percent of its staff over the Obama years, even as the overall government workforce grew by 11 percent — Carson repeatedly pushed budget requests that would have slashed HUD funding by about 15 percent, although Congress routinely ignored those suggestions.

The staff exodus stands to get worse, thanks to the agency’s aging workforce: In its “strategic workforce plan” for the years 2018-22, HUD predicted that by next year, 63 percent of HUD employees, including 50 percent of supervisors and managers, would be eligible for retirement. Those staffing gaps resulted in “an inability to sustain positive changes,” according to a December report by HUD’s inspector general.

Click on the link for the full article

On 3/5/2021 at 8:23 PM, Ball Security said:

Jen Psaki has been a shining light.  Compare and contrast her to Sanders, Spicer, and the other clowns the past four years.

They did a good job picking her. I could listen to her speak all day. 

she has just the right amount of everything. 

do you need information? She’ll give you all the information. 

Are you being a dick? She’ll shut you down very quickly in a “don’t pull that bull**** again” sort of way 

She might be my favorite person in the world 

on top of all that she’s a red head that has an amazing “I’m going to say ‘**** you’ without saying ‘**** you’ as soon as you quit yapping” face 

when she brushes her hair back in that video, you better grab your seat

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1