Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Biden/Harris Administration's Cabinet: Who Do You Want in Which Role and Why?

Jumbo

I am curious how all these big plans translate into actual legislation 

maybe I’m just being overly cynical but my default view is the gop will simply block everything. 

I mean if nothing else they love the “don’t let anything happen so we can blame the people in charge for not doing a good job” move. We also have the additional petulance of the 2020 election, to add to the ingrained petulance of republicans. 

and based on down ballot results there is no reason to think midterms will help with any of this; at best it’ll stay the same and I’d argue there’s a solid chance it gets worse as opposed to better. 

As someone that doesn’t really like either side I’m regularly frustrated with the lack of movement in anything especially as it relates to what is essentially unending campaigning. 

hard to get excited about these picks a d how they’re going to fix everything when it’s hard to see how they can fix anything, much less everything, due to the GOP’s petulance and reluctance to behave like adults and do their job. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

I am curious how all these big plans translate into actual legislation 

maybe I’m just being overly cynical but my default view is the gop will simply block everything. 

I mean if nothing else they love the “don’t let anything happen so we can blame the people in charge for not doing a good job” move. We also have the additional petulance of the 2020 election, to add to the ingrained petulance of republicans. 

and based on down ballot results there is no reason to think midterms will help with any of this; at best it’ll stay the same and I’d argue there’s a solid chance it gets worse as opposed to better. 

As someone that doesn’t really like either side I’m regularly frustrated with the lack of movement in anything especially as it relates to what is essentially unending campaigning. 

hard to get excited about these picks a d how they’re going to fix everything when it’s hard to see how they can fix anything, much less everything, due to the GOP’s petulance and reluctance to behave like adults and do their job. 

It's their gameplan. Dismantle when in charge, obstruct when they can, blame the dems for not getting anything done. Wash, rinse, repeat.

That doesn't mean you give up. Gotta keep working hard because eventually for every step they force progress back, we have to fight to take two steps forward. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

That sounds great and all but it does nothing to address the gridlock which is a very real problem. 

There’s been little to no meaningful progress on things that really matter. And the longer we wait the bigger the problem becomes. 

So what's your proposal? Throw in the towel? Revolution? We're too fat and complacent as a country for the later.

18 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

So what's your proposal? Throw in the towel? Revolution? We're too fat and complacent as a country for the later.

I don’t see a proposal. So long as people that operate that way have enough power to do so, we’re stuck. 

10 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Good move hiring Pete.

My original thought was that transportation wan a piddly job. But thinking about it, I wonder if it might have some opportunities. I could see some important decisions coming up. 

For example, driverless cars, and soon trucks. Gonna need to be a lot of rules involved for those. And what happens to the country when half or all truck drivers become unemployed?  

There's electric vehicle technology. The airline industry.