Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

In short, Laconfora didn't think it was mission impossible as for Wilson being traded.  He didn't think if Wilson hit the market that WFT lands him but thinks some dominos would have a ripple effect on the QB spot as I and others have stated, which is obvious.  Only WFT news was add him to the pile of the Vegas reporter, and John Keim that they like Derek Carr. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

WHat does his dad being rich have to do with anything unless he has had locker-room issues being an ass. I am not as tuned is as I once was but I have not heard anything like that. There "journalists" need to just report who is there and stick to football unless they have proof they are willing to share. 

Fair or unfair, I’ve seen this before.  I think the general sentiment is that rich kids have the world handed to them, tend to be entitled and not work as hard as those who don’t have all that going for them.  Josh Rosen is the last one I heard similar rumblings about.

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Fair or unfair, I’ve seen this before.  I think the general sentiment is that rich kids have the world handed to them, tend to be entitled and not work as hard as those who don’t have all that going for them.  Josh Rosen is the last one I heard similar rumblings about.

Not digging at you personally, but anyone who puts much stock in that needs to give their head a wobble, these lads come into the league and make a fortune upon arrival, if they’re good they last if not, they’re out

Outside finance has nothing to do with it

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Not digging at you personally, but anyone who puts much stock in that needs to give their head a wobble, these lads come into the league and make a fortune upon arrival, if they’re good they last if not, they’re out

Outside finance has nothing to do with it

No offense, but says the guy on the internet that has never scouted athletes.  Part of being good is how hard a player works at their craft.  It's easier to not work hard, when you can fall back on family money vs. end up on the loading dock at UPS.

There are reasons scouts care about this stuff.  I'd imagine it's not the end all be all and there are sure to be examples of rich kids that put in all the work and become great.   

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Peyton Manning grew up rich. He turned out okay.

As I said below, I'm sure there are numerous examples of privileged kids that ended up working just as hard as those who are not.  Particularly the offspring of professional athletes with parents that won't accept anything less than 100%.  But I highly doubt scouts just make up this bias and run with it just because.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No offense, but says the guy on the internet that has never scouted athletes.  Part of being good is how hard a player works at their craft.  It's easier to not work hard, when you can fall back on family money vs. end up on the loading dock at UPS.

There are reasons scouts care about this stuff.  I'd imagine it's not the end all be all and there are sure to be examples of rich kids that put in all the work and become great.   

No offense, but I have no stinkin' clue what either of you are talking about because I didn't read the thread.

*I just wanted to fit in...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Lombardi says we are very interested in trading for Marriotta.  I’d take him 10x over Darnold

I hope so.  Among the flier type QBs, he's my favorite if we can get him cheap.  Heinicke has some mobility.  Allen has some mobility.   Mariota has even more.  So it would be an interesting trio competing for the job.  

In their shoes, I'd feign interest (and I'll grant the feign part might be wishful thinking on my end) in Darnold) to put pressure on the Raiders to move Mariota.  Otherwise, i can see the Raiders thinking why not just drag out the process and see which team if any gets the most desperate first.

The thing that stinks about the Stafford trade is it gives the vibe that teams are willing to overpay and its a sellers market. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

As I said below, I'm sure there are numerous examples of privileged kids that ended up working just as hard as those who are not.  Particularly the offspring of professional athletes with parents that won't accept anything less than 100%.  But I highly doubt scouts just make up this bias and run with it just because.

None taken chief, don’t claim to have and never will.

Id hazard a guess that if your being drafted that high your fairly accustomed to hard work, unless you threw a ball one day and just happened to be incredibly accurate.

Scout the person and his characteristics, his work ethic etc, of course that’s an absolute must, but if they’re uncles, aunties, second cousins, fifth sisters so on so forth have made a mint it’s just not relevant if you’ve scouted the former properly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skinzplay said:

My man Steve Austin wasn't worth but $6 million. Dak sure as hell ain't worth 40.

I think a lot of here are undervaluing Dak, he's played very well on some bad Cowboy teams. I think he's worth more than everyone's favorite around here (Stafford) because of his age (6 years younger) and has actually won a playoff game.

Edited by heyholetsgogrant
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I hope so.  Among the flier type QBs, he's my favorite if we can get him cheap.  Heinicke has some mobility.  Allen has some mobility.   Mariota has even more.  So it would be an interesting trio competing for the job.  

In their shoes, I'd feign interest (and I'll grant the feign part might be wishful thinking on my end) in Darnold) to put pressure on the Raiders to move Mariota.  Otherwise, i can see the Raiders thinking why not just drag out the process and see which team if any gets the most desperate first.

The thing that stinks about the Stafford trade is it gives the vibe that teams are willing to overpay and its a sellers market. 

Yes, and with the Colts, Pats, Bears and others interested the price for Mariota might be higher than we think.

26 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Lombardi says we are very interested in trading for Marriotta.  I’d take him 10x over Darnold

That is very interesting. So we are heavily in on him, but his current contract essentially makes him impossible to trade. 

Raiders have a serious issue at QB, would be good to get hold on one of them at the right price.

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yes, and with the Colts, Pats, Bears and others interested the price for Mariota might be higher than we think.

His contract is clearly the issue based on that information.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

That is very interesting. So we are heavily in on him, but his current contract essentially makes him impossible to trade. 

Raiders have a serious issue at QB, would be good to get hold on one of them at the right price.

His contract is clearly the issue based on that information.

What is the deal with his contract that makes it impossible to trade?

Just now, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

upwards of 20mil with incentives in 2021. Would need to negotiate a new contract if we traded for him.

That's not a big deal.  Make the trade and work out the deal in incentives.  We can do that.  :)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

Not digging at you personally, but...

44 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

No offense, but...

41 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

No offense, but...

Here in TX I can say whatever I want about somebody as long as I say, “bless their heart” afterward.

Ex. “Her 12 year-old daughter is such a fat sloppy whore... bless her heart.”

• Haha 7
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Here in TX I can say whatever I want about somebody as long as I say, “bless their heart” afterward.

You just made me spit out my beer you ****, bless your heart 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

It's in the Geneva convention 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Then they hit the NFL and more than half of them become rich entitled little punks. At least Rosen has some experience at it. Dont really think he can play though.